Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Suspension setup..

Suspension setup..

2001 zx-11 ... Previous owner was 6ft+ 250+...

The way it seems to be setup it is very harsh... When I get on the bike it doesn't sag at all.... I don't see a rebound or any setting on the rear shock. When two up. Me 155 and g/f 90ish weigh 245 total. It is a much more comparable ride..

To adjust the suspension to make it more forgiven do I just loosen up the collar on the rear shock?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Suspension setup..

I'm no expert, and I think you would have to clarify what you're asking, when you say "harsh"...

but yes, to change the sag height, by turning the collar on the rear shock, you can change the pre-load on the rear spring to more correctly match your weight

Lifer

Re: Suspension setup..

Your ZX-11 should have a rebound adjuster on the lower clevis. There may be a plastic clip covering the adjuster knob, which I believe should be a 4 position plastic knob dead center under the shock spring. The cover just snaps on and off.
    I do not believe that there is a compression adjuster on that shock, but the rebound adjuster will have some effect on the compression rate.
    You also have spring pre-load collars at the top of the spring. If the PO did not replace the spring, and he only ran the pre-load adjusters way down, the ride will be very harsh.
    I suggest setting the rebound adjuster on "1", backing the spring pre-load collars way off, and starting from there. Ride gently, until you get a good feel for the bike, and adjust from there.