Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Suspension tuning????

Re: Suspension tuning????

Don't rule out anything till someone with more experience says to rule it out. Your car to bike diagnoses is apples to oranges and flawed. Motorcycly and care tires are completely different. They both use plies and rubber but similarities pretty much end there. Also the forces acting on them are completely different two. Scalloppinf on a bike tire is almost always that your pressure is too low. And as far as your stock recommended reasoning goes. Unless your running the exact same tires the bike came with throw away those numbers. Tires are picky things. Look at the track day tire pressure thread. Two different tires in the same exact size can have as much as a 10psi difference in recommended pressure.

Now if you said your rear was scallopping yeah duh, your spinning it up. But your front scalloping? Check and play with you pressures. Unless your suspension is super soft, or broken, its most likely pressure.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DaveZX6r; 05-21-13 at 07:17 AM.
    "You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12