Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Race plastic trimming?

Question Race plastic trimming?

the Hot Bodies plastic my bike cam with was trimmed heavily on the fairing and I hoped not to do the same with new stuff (Optimal, almost identical if not exact match to Hot Bodies ). Any ideas how I can avoid taking a dremel to the red lines and remove the red colored area? It looks a lot nicer and would surely hold up better left untouched.

I actually considered pulling the fairing down with zip ties so that wasn't so close to clip ons

Thanks
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Race plastic trimming?

Am I reading this correctly? Do those sections impede the steering?

little bit. with gloves on my hand does hit though needs to be almost at lock. while racing surely not an issue but when maneuvering around it does, I almost expect tech to say something

Last edited by CMG241; 09-03-09 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    little bit. with gloves on my hand does hit though needs to be almost at lock. while racing surely not an issue but when maneuvering around it does, I almost expect tech to say something
    Adjust the bars a little?

James

thanks James, probably will try but don't want to throw off my "usual" position too much. not that its worked all that well for me to date.. i just hoped there was a common wayof fixing this issue unlike previous owner did. I will probably keep way it is and bring dremel with me sat am and only hack if I am told must do. Bike goes for paint Tuesday so want it done.

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    thanks James, probably will try but don't want to throw off my "usual" position too much. not that its worked all that well for me to date.. i just hoped there was a common wayof fixing this issue unlike previous owner did. I will probably keep way it is and bring dremel with me sat am and only hack if I am told must do. Bike goes for paint Tuesday so want it done.
    Not to throw you off but getting used to a small adjustment shouldnt affect you much. My bike is a big compromise. Both me and PK ride it and we both like things in different areas. I think he is slowly working me into his position. Each time I get on it either the bars, levers, or shifter is in a slightly different position. About a corner or two in practice and Im good to go most of the time. There are times we had to move things back but not often.

James

Tech won't care about that.

Have you considered possibly trimming a little bit instead of going all out?

thanks guys, I'll show up sat and see how it goes at tech and try James' advise on moving clip ons. considering my record of binning I should try something diff any how