Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

money cant prevent stupid

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

and you guys get upset when someone buys a cbr 600 as a first bike!
    DucatiSpot - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - Suspension Settings
    enjoy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

I am half tempted to register there just to flame the idiot!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

yeah, that's pretty dumb. he's lucky he hasn't gotten more seriously hurt, aside from in the wallet.

anyone who is driving past a ducati dealership and decides to go in and buy their top-end, track-oriented beast (in a discipline in which they have precisely 0 experience) on a passing fancy definitely exhibits less than adequate judgment...

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

You 'memba on Entourage when Vince got his advance for Aquaman and he took the boys to the Ducati dealership and treated them all to Ducatis ?? That was nice.

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

lots of first timers on the 1098 boards. why are u on there dennis?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

me to doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am half tempted to register there just to flame the idiot!
    "Manny lots of first timers on the 1098 boards. why are u on there dennis? "

dennis is all over just like flys on shit.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I noticed in his sig, he also drives a Hummer H3.

Has to buy a 1098 as a first bike = poser.
    Drives one of the biggest pieces of shit on the road, but it's a "Hummer." = poser

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Its not a Hummer, its a colorado with a different body = self important douchbag

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I took a Lee Parks Total Control class with a guy that had a brand new Ducati.
    He swore up and down that he would never take his butt off the seat cause he
    was afraid of crashing it and paying 1800 bucks for a new gas tank!

He bought it for a jewel instead of a tool ...

Must be real fun to ride with that kind of attitude.
    I was so happy when I got my first scratch ... now I could beat the shit out of the bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by beet View Post
    "Manny lots of first timers on the 1098 boards. why are u on there dennis? "

dennis is all over just like flys on shit.

thanks beet! if I may quote Christina Aguliera, "your words can't bring me down."

come here beet

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    I took a Lee Parks Total Control class with a guy that had a brand new Ducati.
    He swore up and down that he would never take his butt off the seat cause he
    was afraid of crashing it and paying 1800 bucks for a new gas tank!

He bought it for a jewel instead of a tool ...

Must be real fun to ride with that kind of attitude.
    I was so happy when I got my first scratch ... now I could beat the shit out of the bitch!
    I've had people ask me how did I scratch my bike!
    I yell WTF did you do to my bike.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    You 'memba on Entourage when Vince got his advance for Aquaman and he took the boys to the Ducati dealership and treated them all to Ducatis ?? That was nice.
    i do, wished i had some famous friends

Due to my length I asked the dealer to lower the bike for me, because I couldnt touch the ground on the showroom bike. When I got the bike, they lowered the front, removed the sag, increased the rake of the bike.

As this is my first bike, I didnt know any better, and took delivery. On a breakfast run one of the guys noticed that my bike was running "low front, ass in the air", and asked me if the bike dives in the corners. on the way back I paid attention to this and it was diving badly, and that was the reason for it being a bit unstable at low speed turns. (Again..first bike, so i thought this was the character of the bike)

Next day..turned at slow speed, bike dived in, and fell over. $800 damage.

Took it to my dealer and asked the guy that noticed the problem to see if he can adjust the suspension better than it was done in the workshops. He did, and I could really feel the difference. No more diving, just nice smooth turns, but at traffic speed.

A week later...turn the bike into a 90degr right hander, stalling problem, causes back wheel to lock, and bike falls again. $1500 damage

Track day...bike not turning at high speed, running the bike into the gravel, locking front in gravel, tail over front, and $3500 est damage

so far $5800 damage to a 3month old bike! Serious enough to get looked into.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

LMAO. Somebody needs to recommend that he immediately looks into the RRK (Rider replacement kit) upgrade for that bike.

Guys who have money always piss off the guys who don't I never thought much about what my dad told me growing up "Everybody wants you to get ahead son, but NOBODY wants you to get ahead of them" but this thread proves he was correct.

What difference does it make if the guy buys a ducati over a Suzuki or Honda? Obviously he has the money to burn. I don't see the difference in this guy buying a ducati over a cheap ass honda or Yamaha? It's all about what you can afford. One of my friends just bought a $72K Duc for a track bike. Does that make him an idiot? Maybe on this board but makes me envious (Rich Bastid).

I tip my hat to this poor lad buying a Duc for a first bike. Makes me giggle because obviously he can afford to burn money on expensive bikes and you Sunday Flamers Can't

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterRash View Post
    Guys who have money always piss off the guys who don't I never thought much about what my dad told me growing up "Everybody wants you to get ahead son, but NOBODY wants you to get ahead of them" but this thread proves he was correct.

What difference does it make if the guy buys a ducati over a Suzuki or Honda? Obviously he has the money to burn. I don't see the difference in this guy buying a ducati over a cheap ass honda or Yamaha? It's all about what you can afford. One of my friends just bought a $72K Duc for a track bike. Does that make him an idiot? Maybe on this board but makes me envious (Rich Bastid).

I tip my hat to this poor lad buying a Duc for a first bike. Makes me giggle because obviously he can afford to burn money on expensive bikes and you Sunday Flamers Can't
    Has nothing to do with money, I have no interest in owning a 1098 and if I did I would buy one. I think it is a stupid choice for a first bike and it was even worse that he had them lower the bike with no knowledge of anything related to motorcycles.

However I do applaud him for atleast somewhat owning up to his mistakes and looking to learn more about his choices but his attitude still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rjh200 View Post
    Has nothing to do with money, I think it is a stupid choice for a first bike and it was even worse that he had them lower the bike with no knowledge of anything related to motorcycles.
    Please explain what makes buying a 1098 over a cheap bike "Stupid"?

The person who was buying it.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

When you're done patting yourself on the back, just take a second to realize it's not just about the fact a Ducati is more expensive. It's that a newbie rider bought a 1000cc bike as his first. People wouldn't have had the same reaction if it was a Ducati Monster 620. Still, buying an expensive bike as your first usually isn't a great idea, since it's typical for a first-timer to drop his/her bike, like this person has, multiple times. People just think "what a waste."

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Quote Originally Posted by slaps76 View Post
    When you're done patting yourself on the back, just take a second to realize it's not just about the fact a Ducati is more expensive. It's that a newbie rider bought a 1000cc bike as his first. People wouldn't have had the same reaction if it was a Ducati Monster 620. Still, buying an expensive bike as your first usually isn't a great idea, since it's typical for a first-timer to drop his/her bike, like this person has, multiple times. People just think "what a waste."
    So if he would have bought a used 600 and had the same results, you'd think differently of him? Maybe even think he was intelligent and not the Idiot some have called him?

I think it's the money! Guy is rolling in cash and the flamers are jealous? I'll bet hard cash every guy who trashed this fellow is riding a cheap bike, most likely with payments?

I think it's the money! Guy is rolling in cash and the flamers are jealous? I'll bet hard cash every guy who trashed this fellow is riding a cheap bike, most likely with payments?
    nope

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6

Slaps says it very well below. The fact he went out and bought a liter bike with no experience and no research just cause it was shiny and nice looking is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by slaps76 View Post
    Very well said.

So if he would have bought a used 600 and had the same results, you'd think differently of him? Maybe even think he was intelligent and not the Idiot some have called him?

Yes it would have been less stupid, but still not smart. First of all I don't agree the any modern day sportbike is a good first bike but I am not going to get into that. Second a smart person would do some research and find out what they are getting to into before going out and diving into something. Driving by the dealership and seeing something he has to have and buying it is stupid. Blaming suspension for him mistakes is stupid.

On top of that you talk about us making assumptions yet you sit here and say that because we don't agree with him we must be broke and jealous. So because I don't ride a Ducati and I have payments on my bike I am broke and jealous? Hahaha nice try.

I dont know whats worse. The guys on his first bike thats a ducati 1098 or some of the advice the other people are giving. If he doesnt kill himself on his own accord the others will help him there.

James

i dont understand why you guys care so much

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    i dont understand why you guys care so much
    i just thought it was funny - i love how fired up they get

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast