Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Talk about getting your lean down...

  1. #51
    Perpetual Amateur CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,113

    Talk about getting your lean down...


    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I think it's just a wide angle lens, and I'm really close to it. It's not a full fish eye anyway. That would look much more psychadelic!
    Ahh I see. Was the camera triggered by a strip on the ground with a delay, or something like that?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

  2. #52
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Quote Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
    Ahh I see. Was the camera triggered by a strip on the ground with a delay, or something like that?
    no, a cameraman

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  3. #53
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,202

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Chris, it was taken by John Owens, the same guy that takes pics at Tony's Track Days. owensracingphotos.com

    He uses a remote control type thing.

    It's surprised me before, too... but luckilly I wasn't going nearly as fast as Paul & I was able to reduce my lean a little bit (even though I had no real shot at hitting it... it was more the surprise factor than fear of hitting it that made me ease up)
    http://www.owenssportsphotos.com/Pho...70903a317l.jpg

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  4. #54
    Perpetual Amateur CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,113

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    Chris, it was taken by John Owens, the same guy that takes pics at Tony's Track Days. owensracingphotos.com

    He uses a remote control type thing.

    It's surprised me before, too... but luckilly I wasn't going nearly as fast as Paul & I was able to reduce my lean a little bit (even though I had no real shot at hitting it... it was more the surprise factor than fear of hitting it that made me ease up)
    http://www.owenssportsphotos.com/Pho...70903a317l.jpg
    Oh cool. That's a neat little setup. It adds a whole extra dimension to the photos when you are able to get the camera close to the ground and looking up at the subject. Makes for some killer shots... Paul's and your photos, for example.

    Does John ever set that thing up at TTD events?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

  5. #55
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,202

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Not that I've seen. He does do some different angles that he doesn't normally do at LRRS events though. Your turn 3 crash pics for example, that's a new Track Day location for him.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  6. #56
    Perpetual Amateur CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,113

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    Not that I've seen. He does do some different angles that he doesn't normally do at LRRS events though. Your turn 3 crash pics for example, that's a new Track Day location for him.
    I see... for mine though he wasn't actually taking that angle... he was taking pics of people as they went up the hill around turn 4, but he heard me go down and turned real quick and snapped a quick series. But yeah he said it was a new campout spot for him.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

  7. #57
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,202

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Think he was takin pics in every direction from that spot, including directly overhead at the apex.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  8. #58
    Perpetual Amateur CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,113

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    Think he was takin pics in every direction from that spot, including directly overhead at the apex.
    Yeah those overhead shots were cool... I'd like to get some onboard someday.... but cams and mounts are $$.... would they allow you to run a helmet cam and backpack at a trackday? Or do you have to hard mount it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

  9. #59
    Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Has Been and Never Was
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,025

    Talk about getting your lean down...

    Quote Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
    Yeah those overhead shots were cool... I'd like to get some onboard someday.... but cams and mounts are $$.... would they allow you to run a helmet cam and backpack at a trackday? Or do you have to hard mount it?
    Cool But expensive, when you take a Digger

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444


    Signature edit by Tricky mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. TTD / Lean Angle Track Days
    By TTD in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-07, 09:58 PM
  2. Running lean / Gas mileage
    By The Snowman in forum Bike Maintenance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-07-07, 06:25 PM
  3. If I lean too far will I tip over
    By dhuze in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-30-05, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •