Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Tamworth track news.

  1. #26
    Posting Freak rjh200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Age
    42
    Posts
    934

    Re: Tamworth track news.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Looking at the fees, for 250 bucks a month you get 100 sessions, but they say each session is 1/2 hour?
    Still a lot of time, but damn, that seems a bit off to me. Damn the initiation fees are STEEEP.
    I wonder how much demand there will be for that? The area isnt exactly a wealthy spot, so basically youre counting on Boston, and seeing how seasonal it is, doesnt seem like people will be FLOODING to it, but maybe Im wrong.

    If you can get 5 30 min sessions in a day that is 20 days on the track. Works out to be $150 a day not including the initiation fee. Not a terrible price if you can get the use out of it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #27
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,862

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Looking at the fees, for 250 bucks a month you get 100 sessions, but they say each session is 1/2 hour?
    Still a lot of time, but damn, that seems a bit off to me. Damn the initiation fees are STEEEP.
    I wonder how much demand there will be for that? The area isnt exactly a wealthy spot, so basically youre counting on Boston, and seeing how seasonal it is, doesnt seem like people will be FLOODING to it, but maybe Im wrong.
    wait till construction starts, interest in membership will increase, I doubt they are counting on Boston for members, there's plenty of wealth scattered throughout northern NE

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  3. #28
    Rider. Just a rider... DucDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Looking at the fees, for 250 bucks a month you get 100 sessions, but they say each session is 1/2 hour?
    Still a lot of time, but damn, that seems a bit off to me. Damn the initiation fees are STEEEP.
    I wonder how much demand there will be for that? The area isnt exactly a wealthy spot, so basically youre counting on Boston, and seeing how seasonal it is, doesnt seem like people will be FLOODING to it, but maybe Im wrong.
    Believe me, they are not looking for motorcyclists to buy memberships. It's the wealthy folks with their Lotus', Porches, Ferarri's, Cobras, etc that are just itching for a place where they can run the way they are meant to be run. VIR operates the same way and you should see all the cars that are kept there.

    So, aside from the 1 or 2 Desmosedici owners in New England, the membership will be made up of wealth sportscar owners. And that's GOOD for us! Cus there will be a lot of track days available for the various Motorcycle Track day vendors!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

  4. #29
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Yah, I guess when you do the math it adds up decently.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

  5. #30
    Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New London, NH
    Posts
    150

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    This new track is definite but I don't think motorcycles were in their model plan.

    Palmer Motorsports Park

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #31
    Rider. Just a rider... DucDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This new track is definite but I don't think motorcycles were in their model plan.

    Palmer Motorsports Park
    Hey you old lurker!!! Figures this would bring you out of the wood work! Never heard of this track but you're right...doesnt look like bikes are anywhere in their master plan....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

  7. #32
    JACKASS hammadown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Well the scoop on Palmer is they couldn't get approval if they included bikes (or at least they weren't willing to risk it). Its just the stereotype that the general public holds, unfortunately. From what I have heard, they are starting with cars and down the line, once they establish a bit of a track record, they MAY entertain the idea of motorcycles. Basically one step at a time, and hope they can show the town its not a huge disruption, and actually beneficial.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

    Zip Tie Alley #237

  8. #33
    Lifer Ken C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Western MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Unless I missed something, the Tamworth website seems to be careful not to mention RACING at all. So, even though track days are likely, LRRS or some other racing organization may not be allowed. ??

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #34
    Full Tilt - Full Time Trackday Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    552

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    Unless I missed something, the Tamworth website seems to be careful not to mention RACING at all. So, even though track days are likely, LRRS or some other racing organization may not be allowed. ??
    I'm sur ethat will get worked out in the process. No sense having a racetrack built that you can't race on

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Mike
    Am #124

  10. #35
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,233

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trackday Guru View Post
    I'm sur ethat will get worked out in the process. No sense having a racetrack built that you can't race on
    Actually, I think that is exactly their plan.

    I had a lengthy conversation with one of the founding members (Dan Croteau) of this fiasco *ahem* racetrack, and he says that is exactly their vision. They want to have a country club setting where people can come and run their cars around the track, with one or two auto races a year to maintain a level of prestige.

    He very specifically told me that they did not especially care for motorcycles, and would only open the track up for track days until they were financially able to stop doing so.

    Back then he was going to cut me a "sweet" deal for $5,000 for a low level membership; I think they've gone up considerably since then.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #36
    Lifer Ken C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Western MA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    It's the same with the Palmer track-- no racing, just club and school events (cars only).

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #37

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    He very specifically told me that they did not especially care for motorcycles, and would only open the track up for track days until they were financially able to stop doing so.

    Gotta love this.

    The car guys bitch that they are being "discriminated" against by the town folk... but they have no problem turning around and doing it to the bad motorcycle riders.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com



    Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com


  13. #38
    Rider. Just a rider... DucDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Actually, I think that is exactly their plan.

    He very specifically told me that they did not especially care for motorcycles, and would only open the track up for track days until they were financially able to stop doing so.
    Interesting....VIR is the same business model. Except they seem to have embraced motorcycles, including AMA racing. Don't you think that if the pure 'Car Club' economic model worked that they'd have done the same thing? Fact is, VIR has a log of motorcycle track days. Well see how CMI works out....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

  14. #39
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,193

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    Gotta love this.

    The car guys bitch that they are being "discriminated" against by the town folk... but they have no problem turning around and doing it to the bad motorcycle riders.

    It's because we don't rip up the concrete enough to be cool

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  15. #40
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    It's because we don't rip up the concrete enough to be cool
    Pete I thought you were good at ripping up concrete?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  16. #41
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,650

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Interesting....VIR is the same business model. Except they seem to have embraced motorcycles, including AMA racing. Don't you think that if the pure 'Car Club' economic model worked that they'd have done the same thing? Fact is, VIR has a log of motorcycle track days. Well see how CMI works out....
    Don't expect to see VIR in AMA roadracing for too much longer. They love the motorcycle guys, but they don't make enough/anything on an ama weekend.

    As for Tamworth. Trust me when I say this. There WILL be Penguin school up there (they have already been in talks with the Woods). There WILL be LRRS rounds run at that track, and there WILL be track days for motorcycles there, too. Once they see the money to be made, that money will talk. I have talked to the landowners, the developers and some members on this and they all confirm that stuff. I was at the official opening of the track land and at the groundbreaking ceremony. I have walked the track area and it's STEEP!!! It will be an absolutely spectacular...and quite technical motorcycle track if it is ever built.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #42
    JACKASS hammadown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hopkinton, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    As for Tamworth. Trust me when I say this. There WILL be Penguin school up there (they have already been in talks with the Woods). There WILL be LRRS rounds run at that track, and there WILL be track days for motorcycles there, too. Once they see the money to be made, that money will talk. I have talked to the landowners, the developers and some members on this and they all confirm that stuff. I was at the official opening of the track land and at the groundbreaking ceremony. I have walked the track area and it's STEEP!!! It will be an absolutely spectacular...and quite technical motorcycle track if it is ever built.
    I think I have a semi It would be fantastic to have a few tracks in NE if all the potential projects pan out.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

    Zip Tie Alley #237

  18. #43
    Lifer a13x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    6,588

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Just wait till the France's get control of the AMA this week.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Boston --> San Diego

  19. #44
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Tamworth track news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Don't expect to see VIR in AMA roadracing for too much longer. They love the motorcycle guys, but they don't make enough/anything on an ama weekend.

    As for Tamworth. Trust me when I say this. There WILL be Penguin school up there (they have already been in talks with the Woods). There WILL be LRRS rounds run at that track, and there WILL be track days for motorcycles there, too. Once they see the money to be made, that money will talk. I have talked to the landowners, the developers and some members on this and they all confirm that stuff. I was at the official opening of the track land and at the groundbreaking ceremony. I have walked the track area and it's STEEP!!! It will be an absolutely spectacular...and quite technical motorcycle track IF it is ever built.
    Fixed it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Tamworth news
    By Degsy in forum General Track Day Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-05, 08:46 AM
  2. good news for Tamworth track
    By RandyO in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-23-04, 09:31 PM
  3. Tamworth track news
    By scootertrash in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-04, 06:54 AM
  4. Tamworth Track in the News
    By need4speed in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-04, 09:49 PM
  5. Update on the track in tamworth
    By RSVMILLE661 in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-03, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •