Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Good place to stop and stuff your face...

Lifer

Thumbs up Good place to stop and stuff your face...

Went riding today and stopped at Parker's Maple Sugar barn in Mason, NH...

It's not far from 123, I've gone by it many, many times and I know I've led rides past it a couple times...

Definitely worth stopping in... the food is amazing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just Registered

That place is solid for sure, some to-die-for french toast.

Only thing that displeased me is one Mom's day I went in there and put my name on the list. Only to find my "2 hour" wait time was getting lengthened due to people doping the hostess chick with ten spots.

I've seen it done, it happens everywhere all the time...but a family restauarant, on Mothers day, that was some inappropriate bullshit.

But, their stuff is still damned good

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Lifer

Place was empty today... I was in and out in a half hour.

Just Registered

Originally posted by benVFR
    Place was empty today... I was in and out in a half hour.
    Yeah after the foliage season is over the place dies down quite a bit.

ANY holiday there, most sunday am's are silly though, don't even think of it...

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Sounds familiar??? I am pretty sure I have eatin there ?

Here is another good spot!

On our "Group Sports car drive" today we stopped at the Old Mill in Leominster on rt 2A. very easy to get to.. We came from rt 140 after crossing over rt 2 stay straight rather than following 140 which joins rt 2 west, instead stay straight on 2A, about 1 mile up on the right is the "Old Mill" Very pretty place with two walk ways which are small covered bridges, a small water fall, and a pond with Swans, & Ducks. Inside is very countryish and the food is very good. Prices are a little bit over average, but well worth it! For 5 of us eating well and drinking Soda's and water the bill was $70, we all left very full and enjoyed every bite!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Dood, the old mill SUCKS compared to a lot of places you coulda hit nearby....that and you were less than a mile from Wachusett Brewery! Shoulda stopped in for a tour and free beer!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Dood, the old mill SUCKS compared to a lot of places you coulda hit nearby....that and you were less than a mile from Wachusett Brewery! Shoulda stopped in for a tour and free beer!
    Well, I guess it is all relative to what you are looking for in a food service establishment. I was quite happy with the Old Mill, both for the food and atmosphere, not to mention the cute servers that were there. It is a very nice place.

On a side note, I've been going to Parkers Maple Barn since I was 4 years old, and that place never gets old. I love their food, but the Sunday morning wait is horrendous (last time I tried to eat there on a sunday, it was a 2 hour wait ). By the way, don't order the Parkers special breakfast unless you haven't had a bite to eat for at least 3 days. It is amazing how much food they give you. Get the Parker mini special. It sounds ghey, but you probably still wont be able to finish it. Also look for their pancake of the month because they are usually pretty good.

I think I will have to go there some time this week for some pancakes

Last edited by Ducrappy; 11-21-04 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    Yeah after the foliage season is over the place dies down quite a bit.

ANY holiday there, most sunday am's are silly though, don't even think of it...
    I'm suprised they are still open. The close for the winter around this time.

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    I'm suprised they are still open. The close for the winter around this time.
    I think they close just before Christmas and reopen in February

2012 R1200GS Rallye

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    I guess we should have called you guys for suggestions then since we're not familiar with the area

For future reference, which places near by are better than the Old Mill?

2012 R1200GS Rallye

It really depends on what you are looking for. The Mountain Barn in Princeton is pretty decent with great grill/burgers at an upscale type establishment. Close by too. Just head up over the mountain, keep goin straight and it'll be on your right.

If you wanna look at ducks, covered bridges and you wear Tampons, then yeah, the Old Mill is the place to be. They have their on days and off days, but being someone who has lived within 5 minutes of that place for 22 years, I'm all set with going there even for special occasions.

Another great place to eat for more of an italian deal is Il Forno in Leominster (gardner one sucks). Also for mad cheap, me the the lady friend hit up Monte's Garden in the center of leominster almost weekly. We got outta there for $32 with appitizers, wine, salad, entree AND wonderful dessert.

You want something a little less healthy? Duguay's in Gardner near the Templeton line has the best fried chicken in all the land. You GOTTA get a side of Crab Rangoons too. They do them better than most chinese food places! Jo-Jo potatos are BATTERED wedges of potato that usually are on the high side of half a foot long.

Best subs around? Gabby's in Winchendon right off 202. The Diablo Chicken wrap (ordered supah-hot of course) and John's Big Bomb are the best sandwhiches on the planet.

You want fancy type deal that also has a good ambiance? The Victorian House in Ashburnham. Kicks the shit outta anything the old mill can make. They have a fully stocked wine cellar and the house is over 150 years old. Used to be a bike dealership before the current owners made it into a food-place. Not for a casual lunch, more of a dressy type place. I recommend the Chocolate Espresso Souffle, Berry Parafait and Bread Pudding for dessert. For appitizer the Lobster Martini or Grilled Portabella can't be beat. Mostly a reservation type place. I used to make food there, so I can personally attest of it's quality.

What else are you lookin for?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Uh, Old Mill is in Fitchburg (or Westminister)

Same with Il Forno... Thats in Fitchburg

Another GREAT (and inexpensive) Italian place, Leominster right on Route 12; Il Camino (cash only)

i love food

got a few good places in ct sea food lenny & joes rt 1 madison or clinton ct

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

It really depends on what you are looking for. The Mountain Barn in Princeton is pretty decent with great grill/burgers at an upscale type establishment. Close by too. Just head up over the mountain, keep goin straight and it'll be on your right.

If you wanna look at ducks, covered bridges and you wear Tampons, then yeah, the Old Mill is the place to be. They have their on days and off days, but being someone who has lived within 5 minutes of that place for 22 years, I'm all set with going there even for special occasions.

Another great place to eat for more of an italian deal is Il Forno in Leominster (gardner one sucks). Also for mad cheap, me the the lady friend hit up Monte's Garden in the center of leominster almost weekly. We got outta there for $32 with appitizers, wine, salad, entree AND wonderful dessert.

You want something a little less healthy? Duguay's in Gardner near the Templeton line has the best fried chicken in all the land. You GOTTA get a side of Crab Rangoons too. They do them better than most chinese food places! Jo-Jo potatos are BATTERED wedges of potato that usually are on the high side of half a foot long.

Best subs around? Gabby's in Winchendon right off 202. The Diablo Chicken wrap (ordered supah-hot of course) and John's Big Bomb are the best sandwhiches on the planet.

You want fancy type deal that also has a good ambiance? The Victorian House in Ashburnham. Kicks the shit outta anything the old mill can make. They have a fully stocked wine cellar and the house is over 150 years old. Used to be a bike dealership before the current owners made it into a food-place. Not for a casual lunch, more of a dressy type place. I recommend the Chocolate Espresso Souffle, Berry Parafait and Bread Pudding for dessert. For appitizer the Lobster Martini or Grilled Portabella can't be beat. Mostly a reservation type place. I used to make food there, so I can personally attest of it's quality.

What else are you lookin for?
    Thanks Clayton. These places are going into my list of food stops for the area. I never even knew there was anything but the Mill out that way. I will certainly have to try them all.

2012 R1200GS Rallye

SS lobster is sorta close to that area too, about 5min in toward Fitchburg. Very good seafood Kind of like the beach fried platter places (Browns ) Its right on 2A on the left when you are going into the burg from that direction.

Lifer

Originally posted by A996S

By the way, don't order the Parkers special breakfast unless you haven't had a bite to eat for at least 3 days. It is amazing how much food they give you. Get the Parker mini special. It sounds ghey, but you probably still wont be able to finish it. Also look for their pancake of the month because they are usually pretty good.

Hehe.. guess you would have been amused if you'd been there with me.

I snarfed down one of the "special breakfasts" in about 5 minutes with room to spare.

Probably had something to do with whatever exercise I did on thursday and friday..

Sometimes I do a pretty good job of impersonating that japanese guy who wins the eating contests.

Originally posted by benVFR
    Hehe.. guess you would have been amused if you'd been there with me.

I snarfed down one of the "special breakfasts" in about 5 minutes with room to spare.

Probably had something to do with whatever exercise I did on thursday and friday..

Sometimes I do a pretty good job of impersonating that japanese guy who wins the eating contests.
    I am absolutely impressed. Every time I've ordered that, I was barely able to finish half of my food. That plate could easily feed 3 moderately hungry people

2012 R1200GS Rallye

Lifer

Not sure when you've seen me pig out...

It is not so much a matter of having lots of room, you just gotta get your metabolism up to the point where the food dissolves instantly when it hits your stomach.