Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 62 of 62

Texas Tornado Bootcamp

  1. #51
    Senior Member Tas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    640
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp


    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    And if I were actually in good shape I'd be another 10-12lbs lighter.
    I’m sorry Pete but if you were in good shape you’d be around 165-170 lb and have more muscle. And we all knew what they saying about the weight of muscle and fat don’t we?!?!

    I to have been eating in moderation and am down to 184lbs from 192lbs.

    0 Not allowed!
    2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    LRRS #246 - Central Mass Powersports / Northeast Cycle / Woodcraft

  2. #52
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Danvers, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    36,394
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    I’m sorry Pete but if you were in good shape you’d be around 165-170 lb and have more muscle. And we all knew what they saying about the weight of muscle and fat don’t we?!?!

    I to have been eating in moderation and am down to 184lbs from 192lbs.
    lol... alright, if i were in good CARDIO shape... Packing on muscle would def increase the digits. Wudevah, we're gettin off topic here.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  3. #53
    Lifer Imbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Posts
    2,161
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Simple... I stopped eating like a fuckin fat kid.

    Seriously, I was just eating too much. And in all honestly, I think a LOT of us do, often without even realizing it.

    One day I just told myself "Pete... it's OKAAAAAAY to be hungry for more than 5 minutes!!!" So now, I reasonably watch what I eat and don't really eat much more than I have to. I was up to 180 or so and when I started this and over the course of a couple years my body went back to a more natural equilibrium which is about 155-160lbs. Yes, I'm a skinny fuck. And if I were actually in good shape I'd be another 10-12lbs lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    lol... alright, if i were in good CARDIO shape... Packing on muscle would def increase the digits. Wudevah, we're gettin off topic here.
    I doubt Paul minds, he’s a fitness dude and the camp includes fitness. I actually put a fair amount of thought into the “hungry” quote from Pete because a while back, I ran into a dude that I had lost touch with for a few years. He had been pretty fat, had struggled with it, and managed to get thin while we were out of touch. I asked him how he finally succeeded and he said, “you just gotta be hungry”

    (He had also lost a brother and got divorced during that time, I guess those things could affect weight not at all or either way, too)

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #54
    Lifer nt650hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,995
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    Simple... I stopped eating like a fuckin fat kid.

    Seriously, I was just eating too much. And in all honestly, I think a LOT of us do, often without even realizing it.

    One day I just told myself "Pete... it's OKAAAAAAY to be hungry for more than 5 minutes!!!" So now, I reasonably watch what I eat and don't really eat much more than I have to. I was up to 180 or so and when I started this and over the course of a couple years my body went back to a more natural equilibrium which is about 155-160lbs. Yes, I'm a skinny fuck. And if I were actually in good shape I'd be another 10-12lbs lighter.
    na . he's just on the prowl again.

    0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

  5. #55
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,594
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    na . he's just on the prowl again.
    fighting weight...

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  6. #56
    Lifer Ken C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Western MA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,415
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    From the perspective of an old-ish weakling; I managed to hold my own and even felt better as the days went on and my body seemed to get into the groove. There's a big benefit in multiple days on a bike purposefully practicing and having fun (like two day track day events).

    1 Not allowed!

  7. #57
    Lifer nt650hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,995
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    time for a 750 gents....


    or a 390

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by nt650hawk; 12-07-17 at 08:34 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

  8. #58
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,594
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Hmm, kinda like using a sledge hammer to remove a screw. I have zero interest in these shenanigans. (although the 390 Duke is closer, the pro was still struggling with it).

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  9. #59
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,607
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    The flat track video with the 750 is definitely a lot closer to what most of us mere mortals are out there doing....

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  10. #60
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,594
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    The flat track video with the 750 is definitely a lot closer to what most of us mere mortals are out there doing....
    Hahaa, this is very true. No need to handicap ourselves with a 750 to though!

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  11. #61
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,022
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Italian guy did a great job explaining how to slide the bike.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #62
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,594
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Texas Tornado Bootcamp

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Italian guy did a great job explaining how to slide the bike.
    Not bad

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •