Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Go thank your gear for how well it works.

Lifer

I got to do a nice "run over other guys and flip the bike" maneuver in a bicycle race today. Big ass crash and my number was up. I've avoided so many but not today. I don't know, at least 10 of us and they called the race. No ambulances though.

I managed to do a perfect roll (yay Aikido) and barely got any rash but I did smash my helmet, break my glasses, and I feel like I got run over by a freight train. I did get my bell rung and see stars but without any real effects.

Oh and I have very very mild rash on my freakin face! I'm going to thank God for my chinbar next time I go motorcycling.

Oh well. Yah can't wear motorcycle gear on a bicycle but I would have zero injuries if I'd done this in my motorcycle gear.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Go figure, you ride a motorcycle, but end up crashing on your bicycle.

Glad to hear you didnt take too much of a hit. Did the bike take any damage? How finicky is a road bike, will a crash like that ruin it, or is it put together pretty solidly?

You COULD have worn full gear, but I suppose for road racing it might not be in your best interest as far as wanting to win goes.

Re: Go thank your gear for how well it works.

Originally posted by benVFR

Oh well. Yah can't wear motorcycle gear on a bicycle but I would have zero injuries if I'd done this in my motorcycle gear.
    I agree.

Since I sold my motorcycle, I tried to make good use of the JR gloves, while riding a road-bicycle, but you just don't go fast enough to blow wind through the gloves, and your hands get really hot.

The jacket and helmet are also, just collecting dust.