In preperation for a new rear tire tonight, I had to remove the old one. Had to get the work bench and changer from storage, clean up the garage a bit and set everything up. Spooned the tire off in less than 3 minutes to find a crud filled tire. Rode in the rain numerous times and spoked wheels tend to leak slightly. The baby power used on prior change was now a slurry mess, note to self, less powder and seal those nipples with silicone. Got it all cleaned up and put the rim on the balancer where I find a bad seal, the spring in the shaft seal had come out and the bearing behind it's a little sticky, no biggie, grab the spare MX wheel, spoon off the knob (those things are a PIA!) Clean it up and get it ready for new tire.
Head upstairs and price out new bearings and seals, bout 60 bucks for 3 bearings and 2 seals, no stress repair thanks to that spare wheel I can let the repair wait till I get to cali thankfully.
In the process of looking up the bearing #'s, I found a great how to on repacking the stock bearings with some good waterproof grease over on cafe husky.
All in all i'd say it was a good thing to have that spare or i'd be looking at about 4 days to get the parts and then the time hammering out the old bearings and putting the new ones in, this way I'm back on the road tommorrow or wed.