Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

thinking

thinking

i started on a small bike
    now they got no small bikes
    i know a lot of you guys r younger then me
    what size street bike did you guys first ride ?
    the thing i loved about small bikes & still like,
    you can fly the corners fast fast .
    2 me i still want a 250 street bike. my first bike 2cil 150 2 stroke man i used 2 rip throu the turns top speed was like 75 or 80 & it used 2 b fun wavin bye bye 2 dem harleys i still love my roots

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

thinking

My first bike was a 72 CB450, My CBR is the first one that I haven't had to push home half the time though.

'04 600RR

ahhh thats coo joshy i think its good

2 lern respect even on a 90 you can get hurt i had my share of crashes had this little yahmy 50 was playing off road caught a rut endovered all most killed me .

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

hey Degsy,

howed you start what you lern on ???????

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

thinking

3 or 4 years ago I bought an 87 CBR600F (first year of the hurricane) for $850. It scared the crap out of me and I sold it a few weeks later 'cause I couldn't really afford to keep it insured. A while later I bought a '72 CB350 four-cylinder. That was a great learning bike, mostly because it was fun to ride but slow as hell. Then, at the end of last summer I sold that to my friend's brother and bought my current bike, a 93 GSXR 750, which still scares the crap out of me, but in a good way, not like the old 600 did. I'm difinitely getting to be a better rider, but I still learn something almost every time I ride the gix. Hope to have that bike for a long time to come.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

thinking

My first bike... early '70's Hodaka Wombat 125

My first street bike...Can Am 350 enduro. Wasn't totally street legal (knobbies and all) but at the time my girlfriend's dad had an inspection station, so I got the sticker. It was pretty fast off the line even with the tires (because of the weight) and was a ball to crank around town on.

First sport bike...87' Ninja 750. That was a great bike...too bad it's in little pieces now.

thinking

My first bike was an 84' KX 80.... first street bike was a 75 Honda CB550 four.... got that from my uncle for free... rebuilt it... turned out really nice I don't mind sayin....

I've since owned a Honda 72' CB350 four, 82' CB650 four, 83' VF750F, 92' CBR600 F2, 02' VFR800i Interceptor... Suzuki 82' GS650G.... Kawasaki 88/97 EX500...

Not necessarilly in that order though...

I love bikes...

thinking

my first street bike was the RF... i thought it was fast as hell at first, but outgrew that puppy in a hurry. you know... that 50 that TLRman helped me bring back to life last year is one of the most fun things to play around on... cant go in traffic, but man i can scrape the pegs on that puppy like a champ and toss it around like a rag doll.
    the neighbors definitely are convinced i lost my mind now when i go get my 2-wheel fix in the winter by jumping it off the snow banks on my street at 10 at night. its hard to start in the cold though.

Lifer

thinking

My SV is the only bike I've had. It scared the crap out of me for quite a while. I crashed it the first week I had it, then had to wait a month to get it all fixed again.

Once I got it back I was incredibly cautious for a while. Sometime this summer I started to feel like it didn't have many surprises left for me, but it can still get my heart going pretty good.

I wish they still made some 400s. I really like the look of the CB-1 (400cc).

I came extremely close to buying an old Honda FT-500 Ascot before I bought my SV. It was like $500. I really wish I had gotten it. If I had rode it for a year I would have been able to buy my SV with cash, especially considering I paid $900 for my insurance that first year and $500 deductible when I crashed, and the insurance quote for the Ascot was $250.

I also almost bought a 500cc Kawasaki Vulcan. I really didn't want to get into the whole cruiser thing though. I'm sure that would have been marginally better than the SV to start with, but I'm sure I would have sold it by now. And it was so ridiculously wrong for me ergonomically. I could almost touch my knees to the ground while sitting on it. (I bet JC could)

Ben

thinking

I got my bike licence on a 77 Bultaco alpina250, had to push-start that thing half the time, wish I still had it. My first sportbike was an 85 FZ750, bought it new in 85 and rode the shit out of it, wish I still had it...

thinking

'71 Arctic Cat Ramrod (98cc).

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

RSVMILLE661

thinking

First bike was a 1999 Honda SuperHawk. yellow, two bros full exhaust and a stage 2 kit. She went ok.
    2nd bike. refer to the picture on the left.

thinking

my first bike was the nighthawk 250 mom & i went out and bought after the first weekend of the MSF beginner's course... which we took together. oldest & youngest people in the class.
    that was a hoot.

then came my SVS. my poor, poor SVS.
    *whimper*

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

thinking

'86 Honda 500 Interceptor was the first street bike. My dad tried to talk me into a nice 454 LTD that the shop had at the time. No Way, old man!!! He was right though - rode it to an indicated 130 mph against a GSXR750 - almost ran out of gas on that run! At the end that season I put it over backwards riding a wheelie and totaled it. Got an '86 FZ750 next that I bought from my brother. Many since then..

Like T595 Greg said - I remember that a 750 Gixxer was considered insane, and the 1100 - forget it!

First motorcycle was a Honda 50 automatic. Not sure how old I was then, as I can barely remember it - maybe 6 years old.

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    CSBA #256
    www.christiansportbike.com
    Jesus Rocks!

thinking

Originally posted by NHViffer
    '86 Honda 500 Interceptor was the first street bike. My dad tried to talk me into a nice 454 LTD that the shop had at the time. No Way, old man!!!
    BTW - during the late 70's my dad went right through the ranks with the Kawasaki KZ series, including the KZ1300 six-cylinder. I wish I had one of them. He them mellowed and got into the dresser bikes - Kawasaki Voyager, then Harley Ultra-Glide. Rode the Harley once and thought it was cool - for right mood. I just wish I could have one of everything. Anyone got Jay Leno's number?

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    CSBA #256
    www.christiansportbike.com
    Jesus Rocks!

My Bike

My first bike is the one i have now, 96 Yamaha FZR600 bought it off of a guy who was pretty weird, din't think he knew too much about motorcycles. 5000k next to no damage on it, all it really needed was the right size tires on it and new rear wheel bearings. Got the bike for $800, a sweet deal...and thats the story of my bike an i just got my permit for it the other day and i am signed up to take the MSF course in march, cant wait to ride

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

shit thats a lota bike taker easy spence

dont b a squidin around now hell i might give ya a kick in the ass my self never mind unc good luck little buddy with your bike

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

thinking

First bike ever was a Honda Mini Trail 50 (back in '75). First streetbike was a '85 Kawi GPz 750...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

thinking

I still ride my first bike, In fact pretty much learned to ride on it! Only one small fall over going 25 and skidding through a corner using the rear brake. I didn't know any better, that was within the first 12 hours of ownership!! Dohhhhh...

98 YZF600R "Thundercat"
    Thinking about geting a Dirt toy very soon, and possibly a new street bike. R1????

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

thinking

1993 FZR 600 that i got used at my local dealer in 1996. I had the bike and my new mc licence for 1 day and then i was heading up to my first bikeweek in Laconia with about 25 total street miles under my belt, man was i shitting my pants that weekend

Been all yams for me ever sence, streetbikes anyways

Got my first quad in 1987, a Honda TRX 125. I thought the thing did like 80 mph until one day i got chased by a town cop down the street, i was wide open and he said i was doing 36mph focker impounded my quad to and it cost me 40 bux to get it back

Yamaha

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

thinking

First bike was a 76 Suzuki GT500 two stroke. Rode that for a year before I decided to get my license. Buddy at work had a Honda 750 and wanted to drag race. I had him beat before I hit third gear and I never let him forget it either.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

thinking

If I had lot's of cash I'd buy a fleet of Aprilia RS-50's and have street races.

First street ride: GPZ-550. It crashed and blew up into millions of itty bitty little pieces. Love that bike.

'02 Duc MS4
    "Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter-Accusations"

thinking

1st road ride was on a 1967 65cc Honda.
    First "big" bike was a 1974 Yamaha TX 500

Had a 75 RD 350 too, so when the RZ350 came stateside in 84, had to get one of them too.... Greg, you Canadians had them long before we did..always wanted an RZ500 or a RG Gamma...

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

thinking

First streetbike ever rode was a 87 Honda Magna was 12, first bike is a 75 Yama 360 enduro(still sittin in my buds garage)

First street was 01 SVS now it rests in peace, that bike was the BOMB. One night Racya and I were going to do some posen and a Prelude was revvin his little racer, so I dumped the clutch did a 90* wheelie and beat the pants off of him.(oh and scared the shit outta me)

Now the SuperChick 99 yellow and it rides just like the SV(man I loved that thing)

thinking

My first bike is a Suzuki Savage 650 . . And I still have it . . . .
    Hey SevenGT , My dad has a 85 Honda Magna . . . It still runs too , lol. Too bad I tried to ride it and dropped it on the driveway