Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike

Re: Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    You ever end up checking this one out?
    I didn't. They wanted over 8k for it and I thought it was over priced. Not a big fan of the color either, it was the tan over black

I was able to see one at valley motorsports when I looked at the multi 950 and the seat was way to high for me, I want to say over 34 inches. I couldn't even get it off its side stand.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 01xj; 02-13-21 at 08:01 PM.

1190 is bitchin

$100 rental

effortless cruising power at 80; this thing can get you into trouble when you're on it. Would never use all its power off road.

great street manners, relatively comfortable, and good ergonomics/ground clearance compared to the DL650 off road. It's still a big bike though, so I'd pick it's assignments carefully; still prefer having a light bike + truck for certain duties. It was nice cruising out from home and exploring farm towns, hills, and mountains.

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

My pants are getting tight...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Just came here to post it. Looks awesome.

Chris Birch is a magician and can make a mediocre bike look amazing, but the specific things he said about this new 1290 AdvR were interesting. Also dug the (relatively quiet) exhaust note.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Would love to see how many of those rally trims will be used to their potential or be a pavement princess.

Some enterprising shithead on advrider bought a 890R Rally from his local dealer and then immediately tried to resell it on the site for $30k.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Lame

If it works for PS5's...

-Jared

Wagner has the 890R Rally coming and it didn't have an owner.

They reached out to me knowing I can be coerced into buying something cool like that. That "Sold out in X hour" thing is a distribution trick. Same with the Gladiator Launch edition. Sold out in hours. Nope... It was sold out to the dealers from distribution in hours. I bought a new one on the lot months after delivery. They couldn't sell those things at the cost they had them at. I saved about 10k off the sticker. They are limited so every dealer probably got to order 1 or 2 based on their overall volume. They buy them knowing they can sell them easily.

I love my 790 and think the fixes in the 890 are worth it but not enough to take and trade my free and clear 790R. I don't want the extra height of the Rally either.

Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by Crconnor18 View Post
    Would love to see how many of those rally trims will be used to their potential or be a pavement princess.
    95 percent of them princesses. I get it though. I own a mutistrada 821. The riding position just begs me to rally the thing. But it's so frigging pretty I can't bear to do it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

95%? no way. The 1290sar's are 18k and we beat them good. These aren't ducatis

I very much doubt the majority of 890R Rally's will be used as Starbucks runners. The seat height alone is enough to keep 95% of the buying public off of one.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Ridiculous seat height is perhaps my favorite anti-theft feature.

-Jared

Finally got some dirt on her today. Not enough…but it’s a start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

File this under "A Fool and His Money...."

Well I was happy with my 790R but one look at the 890 Rally had me part with some extra cash and it followed me home. I tried to talk myself out of it but I thought about the way I ride my 790R I may be one of those people that would really love the Rally. The next ride was to the dirt to to test out the suspension. The extra travel is not felt over the 790 until you are at speeds that require the extra travel or jumping stuff that is really small bike territory. Sure I tried it and was super impressed. Low speed the 890 motor is a gem. The thing never came close to flaming out or stalling. Also the motor will wheelie the bike in 3rd like a SuperMoto at higher speeds.

Overall the advancement is minor over my 790R but I am glad to own this beauty. I ride it hard and that suspension really is a treat. Plus the extra ponies of the 890 down low and in the mid range make the bike easier to ride in the woods. I hope I can hold onto my license with those 3rd gear wheelies at 50mph. LOL

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-63727467554__78ead2c7-72f9-4ed8-8a84-0d166036f921
    Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-img_2943-jpeg
    Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-img_2954-jpeg

The stock RALLY Seat is narrow on top like a dirt bike seat. It also has the comfort of the dirt only seat. I happened to purchase a Seat Concepts Low seat for my 790R and never used it. I actually liked the stock R seat over the SC seat. After tip toeing in the woods and feeling uncomfortable with the reach to ground for slide turns and the like I remembered the SC seat and tried it out. It fits the bike well and the lack of height helps get me to the stock 790R height. It is a plank but it is all day comfortable in compared to the dirt shaped Rally Seat.

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-img_2957-jpeg
    Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-img_2958-jpeg

On my way to Starbucks...
    Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-img_2959-jpeg

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post

Well I was happy with my 790R but one look at the 890 Rally had me part with some extra cash and it followed me home. I tried to talk myself out of it but I thought about the way I ride my 790R I may be one of those people that would really love the Rally. The next ride was to the dirt to to test out the suspension. The extra travel is not felt over the 790 until you are at speeds that require the extra travel or jumping stuff that is really small bike territory. Sure I tried it and was super impressed. Low speed the 890 motor is a gem. The thing never came close to flaming out or stalling. Also the motor will wheelie the bike in 3rd like a SuperMoto at higher speeds.

Overall the advancement is minor over my 790R but I am glad to own this beauty. I ride it hard and that suspension really is a treat. Plus the extra ponies of the 890 down low and in the mid range make the bike easier to ride in the woods. I hope I can hold onto my license with those 3rd gear wheelies at 50mph. LOL

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-63727467554__78ead2c7-72f9-4ed8-8a84-0d166036f921

The stock RALLY Seat is narrow on top like a dirt bike seat. It also has the comfort of the dirt only seat. I happened to purchase a Seat Concepts Low seat for my 790R and never used it. I actually liked the stock R seat over the SC seat. After tip toeing in the woods and feeling uncomfortable with the reach to ground for slide turns and the like I remembered the SC seat and tried it out. It fits the bike well and the lack of height helps get me to the stock 790R height. It is a plank but it is all day comfortable in compared to the dirt shaped Rally Seat.

Awesome. Yeah I got the rally seat because the stock one felt too wide for me. It is not very comfortable, and super high, but it definitely feels like I have more control over the bike!

And yes, the 3rd gear roll ons are hysterical. Definitely some hoolaganism!

It makes me happy just knowing one of these is getting flogged within an inch of some other dude's license.

-Jared

I finally put my dual sport back together.

All sorts of mods over the winter, but I'm most excited about the Ohlins suspension front and rear.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

That Honda Rally is one good looking bike. I wish that the 450 had the same Rally treatment. I took a 250 Rally for a demo ride and I just couldn't live with the lack of power wheelies. Matter of fact I found it really difficult to get the front tire off the ground using all my wheelie efforts. I guess its the wrong bike for that. It does look like a great explorer bike for the Jeep trails. I know that the stock suspension was a damp sponge without any damping. I bet the Ohlins helps carry the weight a lot better than the stock setup. Have you taken it off road yet?

That Honda Rally is one good looking bike. I wish that the 450 had the same Rally treatment. I took a 250 Rally for a demo ride and I just couldn't live with the lack of power wheelies. Matter of fact I found it really difficult to get the front tire off the ground using all my wheelie efforts. I guess its the wrong bike for that. It does look like a great explorer bike for the Jeep trails. I know that the stock suspension was a damp sponge without any damping. I bet the Ohlins helps carry the weight a lot better than the stock setup. Have you taken it off road yet?
    Hahaaa, we rode some euro spec honda 250 dualsports around guatemala. And while we all felt they were the best bike to be on after a jarring 100+mile day in the dirt, the fact the the front wheel was magnetically drawn to the core of the earth left whomever was on it with a case of blueballs. Very frustrating indeed. Especially when everyone else is riding wheelies at the slightest provocation.

Paul_E_D

On my WR250R, I have to clutch it up and pull back. Gearing and a PCV made it easier.

A friend let me ride his brand new KTM 500 on my recent Baja trip and there was definitely power envy. But when the WR started on the last day and the KTM didn't, I was thankful I didn't have to pay a local to take me and the bike to the border.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by OneCheekRider; 03-24-21 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    On my WR250R, I have to clutch it up and pull back. Gearing and a PCV made it easier.

A friend let me ride his brand new KTM 500 on my recent Baja trip and there was definitely power envy. But when the WR started on the last day and the KTM didn't, I was thankful I didn't have to pay a local to take me and the bike to the border.
    The WR has buckets of power next to the honda. Not the same at all.

Paul_E_D