Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike

Lifer

Re: Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    3 of us are planning on doing an overnighter on the Flatlander in the next few weeks, so this weekend we got out and did ~80 miles of it from Danbury to Dublin. It was a great opportunity to test out packing for an overnight trip on little bikes. It worked absolutely beautifully on the Rally, never had a single problem with anything coming loose, shifting or needing to adjust luggage. Surprisingly the huge ass on the CRF makes dealing with rackless adventure luggage so much easier. All I had to adjust on the bike was to increase compression and rebound (unfortunately I can't adjust preload because the shock body threads are stripped out).

The trails were actually in great shape north of Antrim. Once you get down to that area, they start getting very wet and extremely washed out. There are a few spots where a simple 1 foot rock wall obstacle has suddenly turned into a 2+ foot rock face needing to be scaled, and a typically no problem mud puddle has turned into a bike swallowing hole. My buddy got swamped in one up to his tail light on the WR in Antrim.

I also just realized that I had my camera on Macro mode the entire time I was taking pictures, so they are pretty atrocious.

I also figured out how I can bring my 11 month old daughter and get weight off the CRF.

I got this seat when my Son was 6 for riding with me and strapped it on my VFR
    https://www.amazon.com/GIVI-Scooter-.../dp/B007218SWC

Thinking about dual sport/ ADV bike-10696336_10152528856727404_5797654151953864428_n-jpg

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR/Interceptor, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

Just did a nearly 800 mile weekend motocamping trip. A little over 400 miles of the NEBDR from the start in Hancock NY to the middle of Mass.

Only had 2 casualties; pulled the USB socket right out of my Packtalk Bold headset, and my Tusk tank bag zipper detached from the tank bag.

The bike was wonderful! Even on the infamous CR3 hill, the bike performed flawlessly both up (softball sized loose rocks on a moderately steep climb) and down (football size loose rocks on a stupid steep descent). No drops, thankfully.

Southeastern NY is really beautiful and makes for phenomenal riding. It has a different feel from the quintessential northeast riding. While most of the northeast (i.e. upstate NY, VT, NH, ME) is hills and mountains with gradual inclines\declines, and a much more pragmatic approach to road building and layout, northeastern NY brings to mind the southern US, with very abrupt changes in elevation, extremely curvy and rollercoaster-like paved roads, and a surprising lack of "nanny-like" speed limits the further out you get.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

And this morning marks a special occasion for me. I love this bike.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

Damn! I NEED your job!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hoping to pick up a WR250R to tackle the NEBDR this coming year with a buddy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!