Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

THINKING About Getting Some Gear... Joe Rocket Phoenix Pants

The price is about the same for Draggin' Jeans

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have these phoenix pants... I think I got mine for about $60 (new) on ebay. Definitely look on ebay if you're gonna get em, there's a lot of them for sale there, much cheaper than retail.

they are ok pants, they let air in better than jeans (if you're naked underneath ), but I wouldn't trust them any more in a crash than a pair of jeans (they are MESH, after all!!). the knees are padded and the hips are nylon or something, and that's about it for protection. I usually wear a pair of jeans under.

WSMC #940

I have these ballistic 4.0 they seem ok..I hven't been down on them though.....

Pros - Water resistant, removable/upgradeable armor, legs zip up to the hip for easy on and off, good for 3 seasons, legs can tuck into boots or are big enough to fit over them.

Cons - can get hot...the water resistant part doesn't let air flow very well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

Yah man... get at least the ballistics... the mesh is not suitable for track riding... not really even for street riding if it is "mystery squid style riding".

I was not comfy following you last week in my mesh... we were riding at "full leathers" speed IMO.

Also the mesh is pretty useless as the temp drops. Not as big of a deal with the pants as it is with the jacket though. I froze my ass off last night wearing my mesh stuff. If it is like 60 you are going to freeze in it.

Ben

holy crap, you were planning on wearing MESH at the TRACK??? are you insane??

i'd be surprised if they even let you on the track with only mesh on... seriously that stuff is maybe ok for street riding, definitely not track riding.

WSMC #940

I wouldn't go with the phoenix pants. They are just a little better than jeans because of a little padding and they can zip onto JR jacket. Lowest I'd go for normal rides is the Ballistic 4.0 (mentioned above). They can get hot (water proof) but they are well made and well padded. Although, those kevlar lined jeans look pretty interesting. For track stuff...full leathers (full suit or two peice w/ 360 deg zip together).

Io amo la mia Ninja.
    Fai una cavalcata con me.

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    I read something about being able to wear jeans... They suggest two pairs, so I figured jeans+mesh pants?
    The website says jeans are ok, but i didn't think anyone ever actually just showed up in jeans... well, it's not my track day

WSMC #940

Joe, check out kneedraggers. You can rent leathers there. If you are happy with your safety gear for the street and don't really wish to purchase something (especially something cheap that won't last for shit anyway) I would suggest going this route. For $90 you can rent a Joe Rocket one-piece suit. For about $15 - 35 more you can rent top-shelf brands like Alpinestars and Spidi.

Glad to see you followed-thru with the sign-up for the trackday. You are going to have a blast!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400