Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TICKET HELP!

Angry TICKET HELP!

So I know most of you have fenaguled (sp?) your way out of a ticket like I have, and I know you always ask for the picture of the ticket to be posted. So here you go:

This was on the Lowell Connector at 8:10 this morning, my friend was driving and I was in the car with him. I was a Lowell Cop using LIDAR standing in the middle of the connector.

Any help guys and girls?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by HBerry; 11-28-04 at 08:03 PM.
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

I Dance With Will

TICKET HELP!

sorry about the ticket. well you know the next 2 steps. send it in for hearing and write for the certificate.

the other way as suggested by some here is you play you pay and the question is were you playing? i never understood this because i never play. i drive or ride for real because it really sucks to crash. i should know something about crashing by now. even if it's double the posted speed, i know it's real.

"fuckit!"

TICKET HELP!

Also please note the officer did not say the normal speach that Mass cops say after they give you about 20 days for the appeal, ect. Does that give us anything?

How do I got about asking for the LIDAR cert?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

TICKET HELP!

why is speed estimated ?

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

TICKET HELP!

deny it outright?

you play you pay ....well its true... but that is what youll be doing if you LOOSE. personally i will lie if i have to , to get out of a ticket.
    deny it completely that you were speeding, you saw the cop...first thing you did was look down, (always do it when i see a cop...) and tell them you were doing Exactly the speed limit or under. and there were cars passing you...
    i dunno. i havent gotten out of many speeding tickets, normally if the cop shows up for the hearing (not the magistrate hearing the 2nd one) they usually say...minimum 50$ blah blah.
    i have gotten out of other shit tickets...driving uninspected, doing a wheelie while standing up on the wrong side of the road, another uninspected, (i did get out of one speeding ticket, cop never showed up)

either way, it sucks, loose work to fight it...then if you loose on top of it.. sucks man

Littering and........

TICKET HELP!

A fun trick I used in College - tell the officer that you are studying Criminal Justice to become a police officer. I got out of about 12 tickets that way (although I really was studying Criminal Justice)

Alternately, so many people short change the art of negotiation. The state has no interest in assessing point on your license, but they DO want your fine money. Call up the DA, whine about being a poor college student and how you'll NEVER do it again (a bit of remorse always helps), and I'll bet you will be surprised at the results.

Good luck!

TICKET HELP!

Originally posted by highsider
    A fun trick I used in College - tell the officer that you are studying Criminal Justice to become a police officer. I got out of about 12 tickets that way (although I really was studying Criminal Justice)

Alternately, so many people short change the art of negotiation. The state has no interest in assessing point on your license, but they DO want your fine money. Call up the DA, whine about being a poor college student and how you'll NEVER do it again (a bit of remorse always helps), and I'll bet you will be surprised at the results.

Good luck!
    He is studying criminal justice! Perhaps hell try that.

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

No KIDDING?

PM me for the letter I just sent to the SP and the distrcit court.

The bottom of the ticket where you're supposed to sign it is MGL 90C -section 2.

It says:
    the violator shall be requested to sign the citation in order to acknowledge that it has been received."

You copy printable after you search it is here:

www.state..ma/us/legis/laws/mgl/90C-2.htm

DON"T BRING THAT UP UNTIL AFTER you get jerked around in the clerk mag hearing and you loose. A judge enforces the laws....

There's no distance on the ticket and estimated is checked.

There is NO calibration for a lidar/laser unit unless the offcer measures out a target (sign) and distance checks the unit.

Couple this with the no distance for tracking history and you could argue similar points to what I'll do in Dec 2005 in Dist Court.
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Mister E SAYS

Squid says it, but the script they use is:
    1. visual estimate speed
    2. then verify with the laser/lidar unit

The court and other sources require the officer to first visually estimate spped first.
    The exact reason I don't know....except its fair to say then they can't be indiscriminantly using it on everyone.

Fair to say: You could challenge the officers ability to estimate speed of passing traffic.........but most can't defeat the equipment used.
    -Suf Daddy 4 radar units and counting

Originally posted by richw
    why is speed estimated ?

Suf Daddy.

PLATE TYPE?

Never heard of a "PC" tag type.
    PAN
    PAV
    others too...................

Check the DMV.
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Here's the MAGICAL twist

Squid:
    The judge looks more at application of the law.

If you get a guy who likes your story you're golden.....if not you're the "golden shower."

The trick with the laser is IMHO:
    Tracking history 1/3 second reading? So where's the tracking history?
    BEAM WIDTH TYPE:
    Kustom signals puts out a SQUARE beam. WTF? Its done with mirrors Pro 2 & Pro III.
    So here's the bitch:

Radar reflects off whole car body as its ALL going the same speed.
    Laser/Lidar reflects light impulses measured as distance change over time (calulated to achive speed)
    See the problem if the reflective surfaces are at different "depths" to the laser gun?
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    No.
    I've gotten nailed in the same manner in the same place, the only reason I lost that one, was because the Judge got seriously pissed at the guy before me. I argued distance, width of beam, etc., I could see the Judge was on the fence about it, then suddenly, he just angrily found me responsible.

Suf Daddy.

FIND OUT

In prep for trial

Request the officers notes on the back of the ticket and ask what's the (W) after Lowell in the location rectangle about?
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Just Registered

TICKET HELP!

I think the W is for Walking most likely, since he said the dude was standing there. Connector doesen't really have a W(est) if you're on an exit ramp.

HBerry - if you get the same magistrate I did @ Hurd, just prep for the trial now and be prepared to waste as little time as possible @ the magistrate hearing.

He let me ramble all on about this and that, then just told me my ticket had a L in the Radar box which meant Lidar, and I could basically pay his "thanks for coming" rate of 75% of my fine, or pay the full amount + 20$ more to appeal it in court. He didn't care who did what or when or where. I specifically charged my statement with truth and accurate facts only - to which he paid no mind, only that that officer on that day at that time had someone on Lidar and my plate was what the ticket was written for.

My trial is 12/9, and I've been up to my eyeballs in schoolwork lately so I'm not going into this thing prepared as I should be. No letters have been sent, nothing requested, ask me how confident I am

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Littering and........

TICKET HELP!

As much as all of Suf's technical stuff is cool, it tends to royally piss off the police and judges involved.

I have had phenomenal luck (to the tune of almost 16 tickets now, with 0 points on my license) by simply admitting that I fucked up, being willing to pay a fine, and asking the judge/DA/police officer to change the ticket to something with no points.

You can always keep the other stuff as a last ditch card up your sleeve, but I always try to kiss ass to get out of tickets, and so far I have been successful every time.

I Dance With Will

TICKET HELP!

this is what i had in mind with my ticket.

at the magistrate

"you're mgistrate, i don't believe i was doing that fast. i don't normally drive over the posted limit. i'm really a save driver for the past sever yrs as proved by my record. "

what do you think?

"fuckit!"

TICKET HELP!

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    I think the W is for Walking most likely, since he said the dude was standing there. Connector doesen't really have a W(est) if you're on an exit ramp.

HBerry - if you get the same magistrate I did @ Hurd, just prep for the trial now and be prepared to waste as little time as possible @ the magistrate hearing.

He let me ramble all on about this and that, then just told me my ticket had a L in the Radar box which meant Lidar, and I could basically pay his "thanks for coming" rate of 75% of my fine, or pay the full amount + 20$ more to appeal it in court. He didn't care who did what or when or where. I specifically charged my statement with truth and accurate facts only - to which he paid no mind, only that that officer on that day at that time had someone on Lidar and my plate was what the ticket was written for.

My trial is 12/9, and I've been up to my eyeballs in schoolwork lately so I'm not going into this thing prepared as I should be. No letters have been sent, nothing requested, ask me how confident I am
    I had a magistrate like that in Worcester in June. He listened to me for about 3 minutes and then told me I was guilty. I am supposed to go back December 17th for court.

My friend who is fighting this ticket has an uncle who is a big defense attorney in Boston, do you think him being there will help out with this at all?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

TICKET HELP!

I have had luck with a lawyer and telling the DA that the officer appeared a little unhinged and kept grabbing at his gun. Very excitable and nervous twitchy so that I felt I should agree with him at the seen regardless of how outrageous I believed his claims to be.

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Lifer

TICKET HELP!

Originally posted by Kham
    this is what i had in mind with my ticket.

at the magistrate

"you're mgistrate, i don't believe i was doing that fast. i don't normally drive over the posted limit. i'm really a save driver for the past sever yrs as proved by my record. "

what do you think?
    Yah that should definitely work unless the judge realizes "ZX-10" means 9 second quarter mile, 180+ top speed, 0-100 in 5 seconds, etc..

I Dance With Will

TICKET HELP!

not the judge. the magistrate. i'v heard before some magistrates get offended if you call him "your honor"

how would one plead for reduce fine and no point?

"fuckit!"

TICKET HELP!

WRONG!! Parking tickets do not give you points on your license!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

TICKET HELP!

I have heard of it happening in the past, but it was in NY, not in MA so who knows.

So far I feel my two best points of attack are both myself and my friend who got the ticket are RA's at ULowell and therefore work very closely with the UMass PD who it turn work extremely close with the Lowell PD. Hmmmm

Also my friends uncle is a big lawyer so maybe that will help also?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

TICKET HELP!

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    Hey, ANYTHING is worth a shot.... even requesting a parking ticket...you really do have nothing to lose....
    Its not my ticket, I have nothing to lose!

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Ticket

Your buddy needs to call in one of HIS favors.................
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by HBerry
    I have heard of it happening in the past, but it was in NY, not in MA so who knows.

So far I feel my two best points of attack are both myself and my friend who got the ticket are RA's at ULowell and therefore work very closely with the UMass PD who it turn work extremely close with the Lowell PD. Hmmmm

Also my friends uncle is a big lawyer so maybe that will help also?

Suf Daddy.

But Dude..........valve stem kicker.....

I've been polite, compromised and even admitted guilt (on occasion). Truth is the Commonwealth doesn't have the plead down factor like NY does. (I dunno about VT, but I'll find out 80/65)

Here's the kicker in MA: Its basically all or nothing.
    Its a BIG secret what they use for law enforcement.
    So I ask for stuff and dismiss them on proceedural issues.

THEY NEVER PROVIDE LASER/RADAR info. Why not?
    They ignore subpoenas. So if they're gonna ignore the law by not responding to my subpeona...I'm going to ask for a dismissal.

Its the laws at work and my right to use them too............

Back one day on 495 when a lady SP got smoked by a 300ZX and pulled me over for racing him? NEVER. Screw the innocent for a buck and expect the backlash......................

Only NH has shown "concern" about subpoenaed information.

-Suf Daddy

Originally posted by highsider
    As much as all of Suf's technical stuff is cool, it tends to royally piss off the police and judges involved.

I have had phenomenal luck (to the tune of almost 16 tickets now, with 0 points on my license) by simply admitting that I fucked up, being willing to pay a fine, and asking the judge/DA/police officer to change the ticket to something with no points.

You can always keep the other stuff as a last ditch card up your sleeve, but I always try to kiss ass to get out of tickets, and so far I have been successful every time.

Suf Daddy.

Re: TICKET HELP!

The location on the ticket is vague. No mile marker, block or exit number? A real pro can focus here and the other points I brought up.
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by HBerry
    This was on the Lowell Connector at 8:10 this morning, my friend was driving and I was in the car with him. I was a Lowell Cop using LIDAR standing in the middle of the connector.

Suf Daddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast