Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trailer-in-a-bag Group buy idea

Here is the scoop..

I am seriously considering one of these trailers: http://trailerinabag.com/main.html

I have limited space in my garage and will only use it for the Shop and track. Does anyone else have interest? I have spoken with the company and they may be willing to work out a group purchase but need to have an accurate number of interested people. The retail price is $995. I know this is big $$$ so indicate what you would consider to be a fair price.

They would not give me a specific $$ per person but said that they would be willing to knock off $100 or more (depending upon the number of orders). They would also include 4 tie downs, the kick stand plate and the caster wheels. Obviously this does not include shipping...they use UPS

They are in the process of testing a double that can be converted to a single but right now this deal would be for a single (the kit will also work to convert from a single to a double).

If you are seriously interested please post here so I can give them an accurate number. If you are not interested please don't post.

I will post this on the svrider and srne site.

Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It appears that that trailer has zero suspension

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

Looks like you could make that yourself for a lot less than $900.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Habor Frieght has their folding trailers on sale for $199.

I have one and it works great...folds up like a ping pong table.

I have driven to NC to ma and back with my bike one the back and loaded up the stuff the movers would take on it and pulled it back to NE.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90154
    LARGER PAYLOAD CAPACITY
    Stow this folding trailer just about anywhere--it only takes up 2 ft. x 5 ft. 3'' of floorspace! Steel frame has built-in slots for stake siding (stake sides and trailer contents not included). Add your own plywood decking for a 4 ft. x 8 ft. bed. Bed tilts all the way to the ground for easy loading. Easy assembly.
    DOT certified tail light, fenders and safety wiring harness
    Heavy duty steel construction with baked enamel finish
    Includes coupler assembly with safety chains and 1-7/8'' ball hitch receiver
    Three leaf spring suspension
    4.80''-12 tires
    Max. load capacity: 1175 lbs; Axle thickness: 5mmOverall dimensions: 140''L x 61-1/2''W x 19-1/4''H; Weight: 287 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by bigred875
    Habor Frieght has their folding trailers on sale for $199.
    Yip! Just got me wunna those too. Although I set mine up to NOT fold. Far more utilitarian for far less cake, IMO...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

Yep. got me one too, used it all last race season. comes in handy for haulin stuff from the local nursery.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

My friend Nancy has the same trailer... which I towed the FZR home with... it worked great.... so I ordered one...

what she did was cut the flooring along the fold... works well... obviously this would get a little more difficult once you put sides on it... but I'm planning to make some sort of quick removable sides for mine.... I don't have enough yard to keep a trailer in it... ya know...

Sorry we stole your thread Pearldog....

No problem..

...this is good. I didn't realize so many people had the HF type trailer. For the price/utility it can't be beat...I suppose what I like about the TIbag is you can trailer the bike and then take the trailer apart and keep it in your car. That said....it has very limited use.

Based on these posts....I'm probably going with an HF.

Thanks for the opinions.

Pearldog

Pearldog... just an FYI.... HF has backordered the trailer at least 20 business days... something to think about if you were gonna order...

Originally posted by VinceF2
    My friend Nancy has the same trailer... which I towed the FZR home with... it worked great.... so I ordered one...

what she did was cut the flooring along the fold... works well... obviously this would get a little more difficult once you put sides on it... but I'm planning to make some sort of quick removable sides for mine.... I don't have enough yard to keep a trailer in it... ya know...

Sorry we stole your thread Pearldog....
    All you have to do is get a sheet of plywood and cut it in half. I have sides on mine that can easily be taken off........you just have to build'em

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Just wondering what kind of vehicle you are using o tow with. Do you think an Honda Accord could pull one Bike??? I found a class one trailer hitch for my car but wasn't sure if it coule handle towing my Ducati.

All you have to do is get a sheet of plywood and cut it in half. I have sides on mine that can easily be taken off........you just have to build'em
    Or you can order their kit for a mere $70.00. Materials & labor made it well worth it for me. And THOSE aren't back ordered!

Originally posted by Roots853
    Just wondering what kind of vehicle you are using o tow with. Do you think an Honda Accord could pull one Bike??? I found a class one trailer hitch for my car but wasn't sure if it coule handle towing my Ducati.
    should not be a problem

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Or you can order their kit for a mere $70.00. Materials & labor made it well worth it for me. And THOSE aren't back ordered!
    True it cost me that for the pressure treated wood to build the sides...and it was a pain in the ass.

I personally wouldn't pull ANYTHING with a 4-cylinder (the car, that is). Not saying it couldn't easily be done. But that puts a bit more strain on a 4-cylinder drive train (tranny, diff, cooling system). That's my opinion though...

True it cost me that for the pressure treated wood to build the sides...and it was a pain in the ass.
    Yip. I figured the cost of the wood (heh, heh), finding and buying the right bolts, all the labor involved (not a helluvalot), and getting it to look half decent (gotta look good ya know!) was well worth the $70. I haven't gotten the kit in yet though. I'll be sure to update ya on the quality once I get it...

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Yip. I figured the cost of the wood (heh, heh), finding and buying the right bolts, all the labor involved (not a helluvalot), and getting it to look half decent (gotta look good ya know!) was well worth the $70. I haven't gotten the kit in yet though. I'll be sure to update ya on the quality once I get it...
    Ya I was lucky enough to live 5 min. from HR in Raleigh and I saw the kit and wasn't that impressed with it...i mean it should work fine. But I like the way mine turned out

I personally agree w/ Jay about towing w/ a 4cyl car... however my cousin used his 4cyl Z24 to tow his bike for the last couple of years without an issue... so I'm sure your Honda can do it... just really not made for it...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this post are merely my opinion... I have no exacts facts to back up whether someone should or should not tow w/ a 4cyl car... Take my opinion for what it's worth...

How's that BigRed????

Thats what i've been thinking. It could probably do it but would most likely cause problems for the car. I might have to trade my car in for something that can tow. Need to get my ass to a track day but thats tough with no trailor or truck..

Thats what i've been thinking. It could probably do it but would most likely cause problems for the car. I might have to trade my car in for something that can tow. Need to get my ass to a track day but thats tough with no trailor or truck..
    I stand by the "you should be fine" post. Here is another forum that touched on it a little. I wouldn't go buy a new car just yet...unless you are just looking for an excuse to get something new....

http://www.trailerlife.com/forums/in...id/3559276.cfm

http://www.uhaul.com/trailers/motorcycle/ Not that I would take uhauls word for it

I am considering getting a Goldwing as a tow vehicle... ok, its a flat6 and not a four..

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I wouldn't worry about towing with a 4 banger,especially if its just one bike. And your not looking to go cross country, just a way to get your bike here and there.

KevinB