Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tiger 800 Roadie

Re: Tiger 800 Roadie

Like Mark said, try the stock screen out, you might like it. I still have the stock screen on my bike and don't really have any issues with it after 18,000 miles. I think the buffeting a lot of people complain about is more helmet related than anything else. I personally don't want to be stuck in a bubble of no air, it sort of defeats the purpose of a motorcycle IMO. I rode my dads R1200RT and hated the fact you get no air on you at all but others like that. If you're on the highway and stuck behind a big truck you're going to get buffeted around, tough to avoid that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jeff

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Stock handguards are flimsy; fine for weather protection, useless in a crash. Tusk D-Flex handguards ($60) are a good alternative to the Barkbusters ($200ish).
    Nice tip! I may look into a set of those for the 'strom.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

National is advertising 0-mile 2016 Tiger 800 XRs for $8k.
    That seems pretty darn reasonable to me.

364 Beers Shy of a Liter Trajiks9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    National is advertising 0-mile 2016 Tiger 800 XRs for $8k.
    That seems pretty darn reasonable to me.
    Buy the darn thing!
    Merry Christmas to you.
    Love,
    Buffy

🇯🇵 2001 Honda CBR 929RR R.I.P
    🇯🇵 2009 Honda CRF 250X
    🇯🇵 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX636R
    🇦🇹 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure-S

That's a really cheap price! Wow. Been underwater? Salvage title? If not, that's really quite a bargain.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

National Powersports Distributors - Pembroke, New Hampshire - 1-603-410-4120

Bubs, better check the brake lever feel before you buy. What's the difference between the XR and the X(xx) models?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

That's not a twin.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

I'm NOT IN THE MARKET for another bike. Upgrade-itus has passed. Simply saw it advertised and figured it was worthy of share. Also caught me as interesting. Does this mean the Tiger 800 XR hasn't sold for poop? Maybe this is fallout of National acquiring the business from Second Wind.

XR => "roadie" => 19" front, alloy wheels, more street oriented. Very V-Strom-esque. This is what I rode for 4 days in Kali a couple years ago. Nice bike.
    XC => 21" front (still 17" rear), spoked wheels, more dirt oriented.
    Fit "x" in there and it has more stuffage. Ie the XRx has electronic cruise I believe. XCx is the one to have with much better suspension and the cruise and, and, and.
    There's now an XCA that has a bunch of aftermarket-y crap bolted to it for moar $.

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    National Powersports Distributors - Pembroke, New Hampshire - 1-603-410-4120

Bubs, better check the brake lever feel before you buy. What's the difference between the XR and the X(xx) models?
    XR = roadie, cast wheels, 19" front, traction control, ABS
    XRx = same with added features heated grips, riding modes, center stand, hand guards, comfort seats, cruise control, self-cancel turn signals
    XRt = same as XRx, with mounts for panniers, uprated alternator, 3rd power port, LED fog lights, heated seats, GPS mount

XC = adventure, spoked wheels 21" front, traction control, ABS
    XCx = same with added features riding modes, center stand, hand guards, sump guard, plastic radiator guard, crash bars, 3rd power port, cruise control
    XCa = same as XCx with aluminum radiator guard, CNC aluminum footrests, pannier mounts, LED foglights, GPS mount

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

It's just an XR, they can't give those things away anymore with the X, A, T models out there now.

National is probably over stocked on them now that they bought Second Wind. And dumped BMW.

Last edited by GearHd6; 12-24-16 at 11:43 AM.
    Jeff

That 800 is a steal at $8,000.

In case anyone wants to read my experience with my 2016 XRx. Long-Term Review: 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XRx | Riding in the Zone
    I put 8,000 on the 800 this past year.

And the accessories I installed: Adventure Accessories for the Triumph Tiger 800 | Riding in the Zone

Just an update on the XR's we have at $8k... we worked out a deal with Triumph America to scoop up and blow out a bunch of overstock they had in their warehouse. I think it was an allotment of 70 or so bikes of a few different models. They're being sold just as any new Triumph would, no gimmicks or anything. Just trying to help corporate get rid of their overstock. They're being marketed nationally, and won't last very long.

If I didn't love my Multi so much, I'd seriously consider one of the Tiger's myself at that price.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123