Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Did DocCola break the law? No.

Did DocCola try to do something nice? Yes.

Did DocCola's actions absolve the motorcyclist of his obligation to execute a safe left turns across 2 lanes of traffic? No.

Could the motorcyclist have chosen to wave DocCola forward because he did not see a safe gap across 2 lanes? Yes.

Did DocCola's actions annoy some of the drivers behind him? Apparently yes.

Did DocCola's actions absolve those annoyed drivers of their obligation to operate their vehicle safely? No.

Did DocCola's vehicle strike another vehicle? No.

Was one of the annoyed drivers cited at the scene because he struck and severely injured the motorcyclist? Apparently yes.

What can be concluded from these reasonably indisputable facts?

DocCola is a poor driver who causes more accidents than a drunken driver, irritates the shit out of other drivers, places innocent motorcyclists in grave danger and generally deserves to be pilloried for a good deed gone awry.

Makes perfect sense to me
Steve, I greatly appreciate your efforts to help but it's pointless. After fully explaining the situation I have failed. I understand where these guys are coming from if your talking about a busy road (there are several that come to mind when I think of someone who stops in the middle of traffic to let someone go and I would be bothered by it) but it is pointless to try to reason with them. You would have better luck trying to teach a wall spanish.

I have decided I am going to drive directectly to the RMV as soon as I am released from work this afternoon & turn in my licence. I will then procede to torch my beautiful car in the parking lot, walk the 20 miles home and torch my motorcycle and other car as well. I will never again try to look out for another person, what was I thinking...We all know I should have just left that total jerk of a biker there on the other side of the road so that one of the several large vehicles could clip him and ruin his day that way, probably would have been less traumatic

:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.