Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Road conditions?

Road conditions?

So last weekend I ventured over into NH to Lincoln, and of course I took the cage over some of my favorite bike roads. With the condition of other wise good roads, I was horrified. Never before have I seen the local roads take it this hard over a winter. The road I live on was fine last summer and in the 3 mile stretch from home to the highway, there are probably 6+ holes that would cause you to wreck the bike.

Granted they will be fixed (well, most, I hope) but I'm still amazed.

Here I am itchy to ride, and after seeing what the roads are like, I'm not so interested anymore.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Road conditions?

Lots of snow = lots of plow activity. The local roads around me are in tough shape as well. While it's par for the course around here, I agree they seem to be a bit worse then in previous years.

I'm going out this afternoon. Nothing too exciting, just bringing the bike to the shop.

cold, warm, melt, cold, warm, melt, cold.......not a good combo.

the best part is when the holes fill with water and you stroke them with the cage... ~$400 to fix

Lifer

I dropped the corner of my Exploder into one that was filled with water on our towns main street yesterday. It was like a depth charge went off - damn near soaked the person walking on the sidewalk...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

I dropped the corner of my Exploder into one that was filled with water on our towns main street yesterday. It was like a depth charge went off - damn near soaked the person walking on the sidewalk...

oh man that sucks

Had someone jet over into my lane yesterday on the way home from work. Must have saw that hole a bit late and panicked. Almost took me with them.

Is it April yet?

Think I gotta sell the gixxer and buy a dual sporter. But then again some of the holes I've seen....don't think you'd fair too well on a DS either.

Coming back from Littleton NH on RT302 one evening I stroked a hole so hard I thought the cage and I were going airborn and into the other lane. Luckily there wasn't much for traffic, unluckily, I hear sqeaking, clunking, and can garantee the struts are shot.

Along with my excise tax payment, I am including a little note: I am paying this contingent on you fixing the roads. Thanks!

I had to put lower ball joints in my truck this year no thanks to the craters all over town.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

I have a plow on my pickup and I tell you it is no fun driving on the roads. I'm slower than grandma trying to keep the suspension from bottoming out or the plow from touching down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    Think I gotta sell the gixxer and buy a dual sporter. But then again some of the holes I've seen....don't think you'd fair too well on a DS either.

Coming back from Littleton NH on RT302 one evening I stroked a hole so hard I thought the cage and I were going airborn and into the other lane. Luckily there wasn't much for traffic, unluckily, I hear sqeaking, clunking, and can garantee the struts are shot.
    302 North of Woodsville I don't think is too bad...112 from Bath to Easton on the other hand.

It's not got stop me from putting around on the KLR though.

Sounds like I'll be leaving the Triumph in storage for another couple months and just riding the Honda dual-sport.

Roads around Burlington aren't too bad for the most part, but Rt 30 south of Middlebury is nasty.

--mark

My truck LOVES potholes! It also loves gas at 10.2mpg.

The access road to my college has a few craters that they have stuck road cones in because they were so bad.... I love straddling the cones and kocking em over w/ my pumpkin

but man, yesterday was a killer, We went to the Suzuki/Honda/Ford Dealership in Nashua to pickup my gf's new wheel's yesterday, and it was killin us watching all the guys out riding today. Even a Goldwing w/ the wife on the back!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from a trip to Microcenter in Cambridge. Between there and downtown boston I saw:

1.) Cambridge cop on BMW
    2.) Some old bike
    3.) New zx6
    4.) New zx14
    5.) Another bimmer

I'm getting my bike ready to roll today, or at least get the new oil in it. I can't take watching everyone else ride!