Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

$$$ tire change$$

$$$ tire change$$

.....its time for another set of tires for me....i just checked with the guy i normaly do biz with and got a case of tire sticker shock...they want approximately $400.00 for the "qualifiers" including the tire changing & balancing.....is it me or is that pricey?...is there a place in NH that has better prices?...im here in the stix, so local buisnesss dont feel the pressure of competition....its a take it or leave it attitude.

also...i was wondering if anyone in here has done their own tire changes...invested in a wheel balancer,tire irons, etc.....im thinking about that....
    thanks!!!
    keet

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: $$$ tire change$$

talk with Degsy he can help you out with the changing of the tires

Seems pricy... I bought a set of qualifiers when they came out for $230 shipped plus $50 to have em mounted and balanced(wheels off bike)

I'm cheap and impatient so I buy tires online and mount them myself. My experience has been good with leaving the weights on the wheel and not balancing when I change tires.

I'd offer to do 'em for ya, but I don't want to chance scratching someone's rims. You're welcome to borrow my irons and rim protectors if you wanna try it yourself.

SW Moto has em for $263 shipped. 120/70 & 180/55.

Last edited by wylee; 05-13-08 at 11:24 PM.

Way pricy! The last set of Qualifiers that I put on the 750 were $199 for the set and I obviouslyl mounted them myself. That wasn't a dealer price either. Cycle Gear had them on sale and none of my distributors could touch the price.

Now... question about your local dealer's pricing...

How much were just the tires?
    Were you bringing him just the wheels for the total of $400? Or were you bringing him the whole bike?

If you were bringing him the whole bike then it's not that rediculous. He's gotta charge at least 1.25 hours in labor to take them off the bike, change the tires and re-install them back on the bike. In my shop that would run $93.75 in labor alone. Add another $10 for wheel weights. And if he's charging you to actually swap the tires and balance, then you can add about another $60. That's roughly $160 in labor. Which means he's charging roughly $240 for the tires themselves. that's not actually so bad.