Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tire Mounting

Tire Mounting

Any one here do tire mounting in RI? or know of places that will do it cheaply? i went to Razees and they quoted my at $125 just to mount and balance the tires i already have.

the sooner the better, i got a 5 day tag yesterday and cant get it inspected with those tires.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Tire Mounting

I'm in learning mode so this offer is at your own risk
    $20 per tire off the bike. $5 disposal for each tire you leave with me.
    The at your own risk part is, if I scratch your rim, tuff shit. I changed mine without scratching them, but I can see the potential for it happening. Also, clean the rims before bringing them to me.
    I'm available most evenings, except for today.
    Let me know

Yamaha

do you have any stands? i have nothing to lift the bike to get the wheels off.... and scratches dont bother me. there are scratches already on it and i have some black scratch fix paint...

Holy smokes, buck and a quarter to swap the tires out? I would have to assum thats with you just droping the bike off though. Last I knew they were about $30 off the bike with a disposal fee also, per tire..... Oh, and whos Mark kidden. Scratches, ha! Have you seen his toys

Quote Originally Posted by JonT View Post
    do you have any stands? i have nothing to lift the bike to get the wheels off.... and scratches dont bother me. there are scratches already on it and i have some black scratch fix paint...
    I have pitbull front and rear stands. The front is under the fork type and the rear is spool type. The reason I can't offer off/on the bike is I don't have all the proper tools for various bikes. You're welcomed to the stands, what tools I have and I can assist you getting them off and on.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    Holy smokes, buck and a quarter to swap the tires out? I would have to assum thats with you just droping the bike off though. Last I knew they were about $30 off the bike with a disposal fee also, per tire..... Oh, and whos Mark kidden. Scratches, ha! Have you seen his toys
    Yeah, seems $60 per tire is the going rate if you just bring them the bike, which IMO is reasonable for a shop with overhead and whatnot.
    My last set was $22 each carry in the wheels, but they said it was going upto $30. The extra cash combined with the distance/time to get there and back is what made me get my own changer. Razee's has never once scratched any of the many tires/rims they changed for me

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I have pitbull front and rear stands. The front is under the fork type and the rear is spool type. The reason I can't offer off/on the bike is I don't have all the proper tools for various bikes. You're welcomed to the stands, what tools I have and I can assist you getting them off and on.

Yeah, seems $60 per tire is the going rate if you just bring them the bike, which IMO is reasonable for a shop with overhead and whatnot.
    My last set was $22 each carry in the wheels, but they said it was going upto $30. The extra cash combined with the distance/time to get there and back is what made me get my own changer. Razee's has never once scratched any of the many tires/rims they changed for me
    i think i can borrom some spools from a friend. i will look at what i need to do to take of the wheels and hopefully i will have the tools. . . once i get in contact with my friend, i will get into contact with you. you going to be available saturday?

i think i can borrom some spools from a friend. i will look at what i need to do to take of the wheels and hopefully i will have the tools. . . once i get in contact with my friend, i will get into contact with you. you going to be available saturday?
    I have some errands to run in the morning, but should be around in the afternoon if that works.

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I have some errands to run in the morning, but should be around in the afternoon if that works.
    its my only day off so its going to have to

how bad is it to ride on a suspended registration?

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

its my only day off so its going to have to

how bad is it to ride on a suspended registration?
    why is it suspended ? No inspection?

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSVkid View Post
    why is it suspended ? No inspection?
    nope... got a 5 day tag on monday... just checked i out online... $252 to reinstate the registration and sit in operator control... i hate sitting there...

so... when is the earliest you can do this man?

so... when is the earliest you can do this man?
    Any evening this week that works for you will work for me. I'll PM you my number.

Yamaha