Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Tires for the 06 ZX10R

  1. #1
    Senior Member LiononaLeash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    502

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    Yes, I'm looking at buying a 2006 ZX10R for the right price.

    The tires that come on it are the new Q's from Dunlop. The rear is a 190/55 and I'll be darned if I can find that size sold anywhere. I know they exist out there... cuz DUH!!! its right there on the bike. I just can't find where they are sold in that size and how much it is. Every place I look online, they only go up to the 190/50. I'd prefer to stick with the Pilot Pwer Tires from Michelin since I really like their grip and durability(they good for 2 track days + about 6500 miles for me on my TLR).

    Basically doing all my homework on it right now.

    can anyone find a place that sells the 190/55's in either the Q's or the Powers?

    oh yeah... and my TLR's possibly for sale.




    Bob

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

  2. #2
    Lifer Karaya One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Springfield, Mass
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,091

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    The Pilot Power 2CT will be coming in 190/55-17. This tire will be the hot set-up.

    Michelin USA should have them in stock in about three weeks. They are on the water as I type this.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

  3. #3
    Senior Member LiononaLeash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    502

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    hot set-up?


    Are you speaking metaphorically? or literally?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

  4. #4
    Just Registered wylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,149

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    Originally posted by Karaya One
    The Pilot Power 2CT will be coming in 190/55-17. This tire will be the hot set-up.

    Michelin USA should have them in stock in about three weeks. They are on the water as I type this.
    I need a rear for my TLS and was looking for a 190/55 myself.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

  5. #5
    Lifer Karaya One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Springfield, Mass
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,091

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    It is a tire size that we have wanted for a long time. Taller, rounder profile that will make bikes that need a 190 much nimbler than with a standard 190/50-17 and put down a larger footprint when leaned over (like a 16.5).

    The bike may need to be set up for it, but when that is doen the size just plain WORKS. It has been a huge success this year in Pilot Power Race and we now mount it at Loudon on 1000's where we would previuosly use a 180/55 to help the big bike turn.

    It's also a size that has done very well at other tracks like Roebling, VIR, Road Atlanta and Willow on smaller bikes like a 750 and 600's.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

  6. #6

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    It's about fucking time Bib came around to the 55.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Just Registered wylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,149

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    Originally posted by Karaya One
    The Pilot Power 2CT will be coming in 190/55-17. This tire will be the hot set-up.

    Michelin USA should have them in stock in about three weeks. They are on the water as I type this.

    Any idea how much longer till I can score one of these? I need a rear tire yesterday...my M1's are about toast.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

  8. #8
    Lifer Karaya One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Springfield, Mass
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,091

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    We ordered 150 on Monday. They are in the States right now.

    What we don't have is pricing. Michelin should have all the $$$ stuff by the end of this week. I should have them within two weeks.

    120/70, 180/55 and 190/50.

    The 190/55 is not in country yet.

    If you want a 190/55 I do have it in Pilot Power Race.

    Also - Conti makes the Sport Attack in 190/55.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    15,160

    Re: Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    Originally posted by LiononaLeash
    Yes, I'm looking at buying a 2006 ZX10R for the right price.

    The tires that come on it are the new Q's from Dunlop. The rear is a 190/55 and I'll be darned if I can find that size sold anywhere. I know they exist out there... cuz DUH!!! its right there on the bike. I just can't find where they are sold in that size and how much it is. Every place I look online, they only go up to the 190/50. I'd prefer to stick with the Pilot Pwer Tires from Michelin since I really like their grip and durability(they good for 2 track days + about 6500 miles for me on my TLR).

    Basically doing all my homework on it right now.

    can anyone find a place that sells the 190/55's in either the Q's or the Powers?

    oh yeah... and my TLR's possibly for sale.




    Bob
    That is a factory-only size for the Dunlop Q. The Kwak dealer can order them for you....for about $700 a set!

    derek

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Just Registered wylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,149

    Tires for the 06 ZX10R

    Originally posted by Karaya One
    We ordered 150 on Monday. They are in the States right now.

    What we don't have is pricing. Michelin should have all the $$$ stuff by the end of this week. I should have them within two weeks.

    120/70, 180/55 and 190/50.

    The 190/55 is not in country yet.

    If you want a 190/55 I do have it in Pilot Power Race.

    Also - Conti makes the Sport Attack in 190/55.
    I may end up buying the Sport Attack. I was hoping the Pilot Power 2CT 190/55 would be here pretty soon so wouldn't have to buy something else while I wait. One thing is for sure, I won't be buying M1's again; seems they're only good for about 3-4k.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 ZX10R
    By CDOG1974 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-13, 07:25 PM
  2. 2004 zx10R
    By zxme in forum For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-12, 07:56 PM
  3. New guy here with a 2004 ZX10R
    By Guitarboarder28 in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-03-11, 10:48 PM
  4. Newbie here... ZX10r
    By AzN-ZX10R in forum Welcome and Intro
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-26-08, 12:35 PM
  5. FYI ZX10R owners!
    By Rye in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-04, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •