Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Title never sent to finance company

Title never sent to finance company

So I paid off my 1290 a few months ago. I got a lien release letter from the finance company, but no title. I called and they said they never received one from the DMV. I registered it at CT DMV when I bought it new. What's the process? Do I need request a title search, or do I just apply for duplicate title?

Thanks,

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Title never sent to finance company

I had this happen recently in RI with my 2016 Aprilia Tuono. I paid it off and put in a request for the title, at first they told me they didn’t have the title. Don’t accept that as an answer, they are the lien holder and they own the title. It is their responsibility to apply for a duplicate title from the state and get it to you. This is exactly what the finance company did with me, it did take a couple months to finally get my title from state.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: Title never sent to finance company

Mark's scenario is exactly what a family member of mine ran into when they paid off their car. He had to fight with them a little bit but ultimately the bank/lien holder did the legwork and paid the fees to get a duplicate title. This was in Massachusetts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909