Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Title Status: Review

Title Status: Review

I registered a bike in Massachusetts in February. Paid sales tax and registration fees at the RMV. In May I got an email telling me I owe more sales tax. Ok fine it was $30.

Now we're in July and I still don't have the title. It has a title number issued but it says "REVIEW" when I go to check Status here
    https://www.mass.gov/how-to/check-th...vehicles-title

Has anyone seen this ? Why would it take longer than 5 months to issue a title ? Don't tell me the coof either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

Re: Title Status: Review

What are you trying to title? Did it come from mass already? I have processed hundreds of titles and I have never seen this come up. I can only imagine it's some strange dirt bike or something.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    What are you trying to title? Did it come from mass already? I have processed hundreds of titles and I have never seen this come up. I can only imagine it's some strange dirt bike or something.
    Regular on road motorcycle. It's literally registered and inspected and ride it often.

Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

And you went to a physical rmv to title and register it? Ive had problems titling online but never like that in person. Was there a lien on the old title?

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    And you went to a physical rmv to title and register it? Ive had problems titling online but never like that in person. Was there a lien on the old title?
    No. Bike is almost 30yo I had the title in my hand when I registered it. I find it strange they calculated the fees and taxes at the RMV then two three months later asked for more money.

Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

Yeah, it's all very weird. I'm thinking the clerk did some odd shit to your application and now it's haunting you. Give them a call and see what's up. I don't think going in person would do any good unless it was the main office in Boston. They are usually pretty helpful on the phone after a 3 or 4 hour wait.

Call the RMV ? I'd rather punch myself in the dick with a rusty pick ax. Fuck

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

I would rather put bags of rice on my head and bamboo shoots underneath my finger nails than call the mass rmv myself.

rides bikes

I've titled a lot of questionable shit in this state and never ran into that...good luck. Very curious what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Call the RMV ? I'd rather punch myself in the dick with a rusty pick ax. Fuck

Title dept is (617) 351-9550
    not your typical DMV B.S. line

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'll call tomorrow

Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Finally called the RMV. The lady was shocked I still didn't have the title.

She said after I registered it, the NADA value came back higher than what I was told when I registered it. I said yes I got an email saying I owed like $35 more and I paid it. She said it shows as paid but Revenue never "acknowledged" it as paid which would have sent the status to Processing.
    So she said it's now being moved to Processing and to check in a few days for an updated status. If the status hasn't changed I was told to call back.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Guy stole a $250,000 Porsche out of a museum in FL, then registered it using the VIN from a similar, wrecked car.

"It was through this collaboration that officials were able to determine that Boyce allegedly registered a brown Porsche 911 under a company called Triton Engineering LLC on June 21. The VIN associated with that registration belonged to a 1976 Porsche 911 owned by a California salvage yard, which had been wrecked 23 years prior.

A Maine bill of sale, an odometer verification letter, and an approval letter from Triton Engineering used in the registration process were all allegedly fraudulent."

Finally called the RMV. The lady was shocked I still didn't have the title.

She said after I registered it, the NADA value came back higher than what I was told when I registered it. I said yes I got an email saying I owed like $35 more and I paid it. She said it shows as paid but Revenue never "acknowledged" it as paid which would have sent the status to Processing.
    So she said it's now being moved to Processing and to check in a few days for an updated status. If the status hasn't changed I was told to call back.

Title came today. Less than a week. Damn sun

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Guy stole a $250,000 Porsche out of a museum in FL, then registered it using the VIN from a similar, wrecked car.

"It was through this collaboration that officials were able to determine that Boyce allegedly registered a brown Porsche 911 under a company called Triton Engineering LLC on June 21. The VIN associated with that registration belonged to a 1976 Porsche 911 owned by a California salvage yard, which had been wrecked 23 years prior.

A Maine bill of sale, an odometer verification letter, and an approval letter from Triton Engineering used in the registration process were all allegedly fraudulent."
    Is this was why Vermont stopped allowing out of state registrations ? People trying to register stolen shit ?

Too many bikes to list
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Is this was why Vermont stopped allowing out of state registrations ? People trying to register stolen shit ? //
    Would not surprise me. There was a thread on Advrider by a guy who bought a KTM with a title history through a number of states that seemed legit. Police showed up one day, told him it was stolen, and hauled it away. No recourse.

As huge a PITA MA RMV is, MA titles are very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Would not surprise me. There was a thread on Advrider by a guy who bought a KTM with a title history through a number of states that seemed legit. Police showed up one day, told him it was stolen, and hauled it away. No recourse.

As huge a PITA MA RMV is, MA titles are very solid.
    With a stolen bike/vin# going through several states, it sounds a lot like corruption, including the final buyer.
    Any out of state vin# needs a vin verification, however a new loophole with that process opened up during the Covid pandemic when states started waiving in person vin checks, including Vt.
    When I registered my 07 R1 in Vt, I still had a vin check done for my own piece of mind, even though the state waived it.

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    With a stolen bike/vin# going through several states, it sounds a lot like corruption, including the final buyer.
    Any out of state vin# needs a vin verification, however a new loophole with that process opened up during the Covid pandemic when states started waiving in person vin checks, including Vt.
    When I registered my 07 R1 in Vt, I still had a vin check done for my own piece of mind, even though the state waived it.
    The final buyer was not aware of the issue as the bike had a title in his state, and only one previous owner listed on the title.

Don't recall what state was used to "wash" the VIN, nor the exact process used.