Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

The New TLR??

The New TLR??

Got this from another site..... Bummer!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TLRMan; 05-05-07 at 11:36 PM.
    Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

The New TLR??

I dunno, looks cool to me You can bet that zook is gonna sell a lower fairing for it, if you're a skeered of running nekkid

btw, nice to meet ya on saturday

Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

The New TLR??

what don't you like about it, mark?
    no hump?
    FZ1 fairing?

-t

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Lifer

The New TLR??

Rumors are flying about an SV1000 too...

Who knows what it is. Look like a cartoony artists concept anyway.

Ben

holy shit its the first kawsuki

i can read jap thats what it says & i read & type with my feet that could b me

Last edited by beet; 08-06-02 at 04:29 PM.
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Red face The New TLR??

There is no way it's a TLR(Twin Litre Replica?)

I did want an SV1000s but I got it from Honda instead, uuumummm, get new stickers that say SV1000s, how many people would think I was a freak with SV1000s on a honda????

The New TLR??

who knows what the hell they are up to.
    The SV1000 rumor has been around for almost 3 years.
    It would be easy to update the TLR, if Suzuki really wanted to.
    The have the next generation fuel injection dialed in, like on the V-Strom, and I don't see why they couldn't loose a little weight in the process. We all know what drives what bikes are produced.
    An that's what they are RACING! Then there are just spin offs of that. What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday.
    If I wanted a Fizzer, I'd buy one....And since this is just an artists rendition, I'm not gonna get upset about it yet. Christ, the TLR motor is good to 175 HP before it'll kick the rods out of it, why can't Suzuki give us something in the 150 HP range, in a set up like the Gixxer 1K. Wishful thinking at best...

BTW, the Super Chicken is a poor copy of the 1 liter Chicken eater! Dude, that Honda has the worst set up in a chasis, since the Kaw H2.... and the engine isn't exactly the greatest either.
    Just ask the few who had the chance to compare the bikes....

Last edited by TLRMan; 08-06-02 at 06:20 PM.

The New TLR??

Originally posted by TLRMan

BTW, the Super Chicken is a poor copy of the 1 liter Chicken eater! Dude, that Honda has the worst set up in a chasis, since the Kaw H2.... and the engine isn't exactly the greatest either.
    Just ask the few who had the chance to compare the bikes....
    IMO it handles like my SVS but with more go juice if I wanted a TL I had the choice between the two went with the Hawk cuase the carbs, just MO that's what is wrong with the TLS, haven't ridin the R, but then that compares to the RC51 which is still racing while I haven't seen a TL in a while

The New TLR??

1)I'd be happy to discuss comparo between the two...

2) If Suzuki went racing with the TLR and spent MILLIONS of dollars on the program like HRC did.......aw, fuck it....

3) *IF* Suzuki does something new and radical in terms of streetbikes w/ TL engines, I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be that. Pay attention little wee ones, Suzuki's got something planned...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

The New TLR??

Originally posted by Stoneman
    1)I'd be happy to discuss comparo between the two...

2) If Suzuki went racing with the TLR and spent MILLIONS of dollars on the program like HRC did.......aw, fuck it....

3) *IF* Suzuki does something new and radical in terms of streetbikes w/ TL engines, I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be that. Pay attention little wee ones, Suzuki's got something planned...
    Do you realize that the HRC race kit for the RC51/SPII costs $125,000? Just to be competitive?
    Hmmmm..if the Honda was that good, do you think you would have to spend all that kind of money on it?

There are guys in Europe, and Australia, that are kicking the tar outta the SP's with their TLRs . What's that tell you?
    Suzuki spent a minimum of cash on the TLR for one year. It took 5th overall in WSB. But the Gixxer series was more important to sales in the States, and with AMA Superbike.
    Let me ask you a question...If the TLR was such a crappy Bike, why in Hell did Suzuki keep producing them? Why did Bimota choose the TLR engine over the Honda and Ducati?
    Because the TLR engine is by far the most reliable of the bunch....
    In street form, it's so understressed, you can't hurt it.
    Ask the boys with 35,000 hard miles on their TL's....Without one problem. The proof is in the pudding.
    And If you caught the superbike comparison in one of the recent mags, pitting the TLR, with the Duc, and RC51..I think it's tough to compare 1998 technology with 2002 technology. There has been a lot happening in the past 4 years. So if Suzuki did decide to bring the TL line up to date, believe me, it would be one helluva machine!

Oh...
    Carburetors, are a thing of the past, ancient history as far as I'm concerned...you can set an engine up with more precision with fuel injection, than you could ever do with a carburetor. The superhawk is OLD School, and just a marketing gimmic to get rid of all those leftover engines they built.

Banned

The New TLR??

$125,000 Mark? I don't think so.

Check this out
    http://www.hrcusa.com/hrc/vtrsp-1.html

More than enough bike to be competitive. It has the full HRC motor. The complete racer is $107,000.00 and for that you get a WSB spec bike. NO ONE even gets close.

BTW, Bimota wanted the SP1 motor for their bike, but Honda would not sell.

As for Suzuki motors being more reliable than Hondas, i would beg to differ, BUT I will say that I haven't heard of a TLR motor failing yet.

The RC51 and the TLR are never going to be competitive racers without plenty of bucks being put into them, but the fact that TLR owners are Sooooooo defensive makes me go hmmmmmmmm.

degsy

The New TLR??

Um, yeah....okay....

The New TLR??

LOL!
    I thought I'd finally get Degsy out!
    Hey, let those who ride decide...
    I'm just havin' some fun!
    But you can't deny all the millions that Honda did sink into the SPII project......

The reason TLR owners are so defensive is because The TLR is a great platform, But in the meantime, we are pretty well pissed off at Suzuki, for letting it go by the wayside. It really never had it's chance....

Last edited by TLRMan; 08-07-02 at 08:47 AM.

Banned

The New TLR??

heh heh, yeah, ya got me out.

I have ridden both the TLR and the RC51 (obviously) and there is so little between the bikes that it negates any argument. Both are crap racers in street trim, but with a few tweaks they can both be made to perform excellently.

The New TLR??

Not that I care, 'cuz I don't. I love my TLR, and I'll most likely hang on to it for damn near forever. But....

Suzuki made it very clear to Team Yosh that they had ONE year to get results and gave 'em very little support. I guess 5th overall in WSB wasn't quite good enough...

On the other hand, Honda told HRC to do whatever it took to make it a winner...

Again, keep your eyes and ears open. Suzuki's gonna be doing something BIG with a "V" propelled bike real soon. Be it a V-Four or a V-Twin....

The New TLR??

speaking of big V4's i heard honda was chopping a cylinder off of some V5 to make a 1 liter V4? anyone else catch that one?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

The New TLR??

V5, Id like to see that!

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Banned

The New TLR??

The New TLR??

why does it have one exhaust in the middle of the tail and them some other one off to the side like a red headeed step child.

that swing arm looks super beefy. really sweet, reminiscent of the Mille swingarm... but not quite as curvy.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Banned

The New TLR??

Brent, that is the GP bike that Rossi is campaigning right now. It is fitted with lights for endurance racing. The pipes are situated to get maximum lean angle from the bike. The swing arm is probably not symmetrical so they probably couldn't fit a pipe on the left side.

The New TLR??

Originally posted by TLRMan

Carburetors, are a thing of the past, ancient history as far as I'm concerned...you can set an engine up with more precision with fuel injection, than you could ever do with a carburetor. The superhawk is OLD School, and just a marketing gimmic to get rid of all those leftover engines they built.

Hey what can I say I'm old skool, If suzuki is doing things so right with feul injection then why isn't the SV injected??? Man they must be way behind cause honda was making a twin 650 in the 80's nt650???

The New TLR??

cuz they wanted to make it an entry-level price...

same reason the suspension needs work.

The New TLR??

Originally posted by twrayinma
    cuz they wanted to make it an entry-level price...

same reason the suspension needs work.

listen man I had an SVS so you don't have to tell me it's an entry level I fucking loved it until the day she died I needed bigger and faster but not stupid

The New TLR??

and how exactly did she die?

i know it's not a perfect bike, but it's damn sure the perfect bike for me.

Unhappy The New TLR??

It was a beautiful sunday moring, I had just stopped at the local parts store to pick up a couple of relays so I could use my brakes as blinkers(home made fender eliminator) so I could spend the day at hooters for bike day, when all of a sudden I see an old fuck taking a left hander at the intersection I'm going through. Next thing you know I lying on my back screaming where's my bike, no don't call my wife call racya, tell him to get here and pick up my bike...............One year ago on Monday August 5th