Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

TLR wont prime

TLR wont prime

I pull of my sub-frame today on my TLR to install my Penske, and when I re-installed everything (double and triple checked all connections) the bike won't prime. Key turns on lights etc, bike cranks over, but nothing else. The tip over switch is reading open through my meter, and I'm not getting voltage to fuel pump relay across coil. Could my problem be somewhere in the start circuit? I do have the wiring diagram, but can't seem to pinpoint my gremlin. I can work the relay, so I know the relay works, and I don't think they are polarity biased. Is there an interlock I should inspect? I should be reading ground through the PCU on part of the fuel pump relay, but it isn't. If I manually ground the relay I can get it to prime, but I think the PCU doesn't know this so it isn't allowing spark.

Anyone have this problem before?

The tip over switch is fine, it's showing code C-41, fuel pump relay system code.

Alright, I can get it to start if I jump the relay from the yellow/blue coming out of the ECU that's supposed to read ground. All my black/whites are reading through the harness so I know they are all working, but the ECU isn't supplying ground on the yellow/blue to turn on the fuel pump relay.

Is it ok to supply my own ground to the relay since the ECU isn't communicating with it? The only think that I notice that's different is it doesn't turn off the pump after 5 seconds after I initially turn the key to ON postion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Friend: man riding this really hurts my balls

Me: Well you're not supposed to sit on your balls!

Re: TLR wont prime

The fault code clears when I jump the relay as well

I'm gonna go with the obvious here and tell you to make sure the fuel relay PLUGS are FIRMLY pushed into one another, then make sure they're secured to that little cross section under the seat (use wire ties). I won't even get into the hell that tiny little overlooked plug put me through...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I even went as far as taking those apart and soldering them, replacing the krimp connectors. I also read continuity from the relay back through the ECU output, and no problem there as well as relay output to interlocks/pump.

With the relay closed I'm reading 0.07 ohms through the coil, but relay ground yellow/blue (ECU output) to black/white (input to ECU at the harness) I'm reading 80 ohms, which might make sense since it's normally not reading ground until the ECU tells the relay to turn on the pump, at which point the ECU supplies ground through yellow/blue.

Check everything again, it could be intermit under load thing. But check your connections carefully , makesure your wires are not only in there conections are nice and tight replace
    for fix as needed.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.