I popped down to the Cape today and realized my worst fear just after MM28 on Route 3 South.

I've been scared of having the wheel swept out by a 4X4 or similar big piece of wood on the road.

There IT was, in a line of 60 MPH traffic today, straddling the center line at an angle, part of a railroad tie approximately 5" high and tapered down to a splinter on the other.

I cruised on by. Unable to stop to get at it. (Like move it)

I just hope no one else got spanked by it.

Earlier I avoided the lady on 53 who came to a dead stop in the middle of the intersection while it was green, then proceeded to turn right which was okay except she took soooo long to do it that a van undercut her, turning right and further bottled up the intersection.

Cruising by Oreo's work (In Chinatown) I was rolling along when a truck blew its airhorn a good distance away, while I didn't think anything of it apparently my body freaked and I locked up the front for a quick chatter, then came to my senses and released the lever all while continuing to roll on like nothing happened........

Strange huh?

So tonight I was torn whether I'd write about it. A few days ago I cycled around to move hand sized rocks from the streets they are working around here on. So maybe it was payback? I kicked a rock from the road in front of my house before I left too.

On the way home I followed an ambulance for about 25 miles into Boston. I reflected into the back of it thinking of the person inside it and what their situation was...............
Thankful it wasn't me.

So concentrate on the road and never stop watching out:
Here's a great example: this story by a fellow rider:
http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewt...=140305#140305

-Suf Daddy