Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Today's Ice Rip Video

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Today's Ice Rip Video

I tried skipping around - is it just your head bobbling back and forth?

no no its not

I think i need to make the trip we aint gut shit for ice

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Its hard finding good ice for sure, there was alot on water on top made it ruff plowing

Lifer

Nice video. I haven't been ice riding/racing in quite a few years now, but I have very fond memories of when my friends and I started ice riding back in the mid '70's. I started on an MR 175, then a DT-175, and Can-Am Qualifier 175, then I got a Rokon RT-340 (big fun on the ice, with proper gearing!), and quickly graduated to XR-600's after a few years of beating our NETRA Enduro bikes out there. The big 4 strokes were a lot of fun, as we could just grab a tall gear and power slide, feet up, for what seemed like miles. Today, everybody has their potent modern MX machines out there, and that makes what we did seem like child's play (which, I guess, it was). It is interesting that "Screw Technology" has not really progressed very far since those days. Kold Kutters are still the norm.
    I miss it. There is *nothing* like ice riding. The ability to slide controllably, at sane speeds, can not be reproduced on any other surface. I think that it is a great way to bone up on your riding skills through the winter, although it can get a bit boring after a while. Through my childhood, I did see one early Katana studded up, but he did not look like he was having as much fun as we were.
    Over all those years, the only motor that popped was my DT-175, and that was because I was pulling an ice skater on a rope one day, when the ice was *perfect*. When I think back, I am amazed that we did not get hurt, or arrested. I was able to see 75 MPH on the speedometer of the little DT, before the skater would start cutting back and forth. It really was amazing fun, and I wish that I had pictures or video of it. I doubt that you would get away with it for very long today...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!