Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E Track

E Track

Thinking of installing some E Track in the trailer. Seems itd be a lot easier instead of having fixed tie down points. Any negatives to it at all?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Re: E Track

I thought you sold the trailer?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Selling the one in Boston to buy one down here

Zip Tie Alley #505

I have it installed in my trailer . . . three 8' rows (front-to-back). I was torn between E-Track or the fancy schmancy Pit Bull restraint system, and ended up going with E-Track so that I didn't have to worry about always having the right pins for particular bikes. If I knew I'd only have the same two bikes in the trailer all the time, I probably would've gone with the Pit Bull system, but I travel with different people/bikes to trackdays . . . E-Track is more versatile.

'15 MV Agusta F3
    '08 Hyper 1100s

Will u be using fixed chocks?

If you go with fixed chocks then the tie down points are obvious, may as well just throw a few d rings and be done.

How many bikes are you setting up for?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Will u be using fixed chocks?

If you go with fixed chocks then the tie down points are obvious, may as well just throw a few d rings and be done.

How many bikes are you setting up for?
    Havent decided on fixed chocks, might just use some of those cheap ride in type things, then 4 point tie down the bike.
    Gonna be trailering probably 2, but will be used for storage for 3-4 as well

Zip Tie Alley #505

IMO its much easier to pack and plan when the bike location is fixed.

Condor trailer chock (s) and some d rings OR a strapless stand is money well spent.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

For you guys complaining about pitbull pins. I have and love this, http://www.ivieracing.com/ Never given me trouble.

E track is good. Just did my walls...debating on doing the floor.

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sully749 View Post
    I have it installed in my trailer . . . three 8' rows (front-to-back). I was torn between E-Track or the fancy schmancy Pit Bull restraint system, and ended up going with E-Track so that I didn't have to worry about always having the right pins for particular bikes. If I knew I'd only have the same two bikes in the trailer all the time, I probably would've gone with the Pit Bull system, but I travel with different people/bikes to trackdays . . . E-Track is more versatile.
    Damn girl! You sure get around....

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    IMO its much easier to pack and plan when the bike location is fixed.

Condor trailer chock (s) and some d rings OR a strapless stand is money well spent.
    Or the cheaper ($60 as opposed to $200) harbor freight version works well too.... although I almost couldn't get my bike out after the cross country move and had to disassemble the chock around the bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
    For you guys complaining about pitbull pins. I have and love this, http://www.ivieracing.com/ Never given me trouble.
    Ok for dirtbikes but not even close to as secure as the pit-bull trailer restraint for a sportbike. What's holding the back end of the r1 up in the picture on their website of the r1 leaning at about 45 degrees? I don't know may sportbikes where that fork holding section would fit without rubbing bodywork.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)
    Ok for dirtbikes but not even close to as secure as the pit-bull trailer restraint for a sportbike. What's holding the back end of the r1 up in the picture on their website of the r1 leaning at about 45 degrees? I don't know may sportbikes where that fork holding section would fit without rubbing bodywork.
    They are no where near as unstable as you're making them out to be, I've never tried flipping it as the photo but I can say I've never strapped the rear and I've never noticed it moving.

As for rubbing, I have yet to find a bike mine won't fit on. Tried a gsxr 750, daytona, street triple, sv, 919, drz400 and my rs 50 with the smallest forks known to man came from NC to CT in it.

At the track and in my garage I use it as a stand because my cbr does not have a kickstand and I do not use warmers. It's great, I ride it right in when I need to get the bike out of it. You pull the pin, get on the bike and walk it back out.

Banned

I must be missing something with how it works.

Anyone know who sells this crap locally? Auto zone or any of those? Shipping like doubles the cost of the crap

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

I must be missing something with how it works.

This may help, OP sorry for the highjack before I even start... This was my rs50 with all the body work off.

The top T piece fits over the fender and under the upper. The height is fully adjustable. On the sides of the T are two little U pieces. In the unlocked position they look like this.

You roll the bike in, watch to not pinch brake lines, and it will lock them in place like this.

Once it's in, locked and the chock is bolted to the floor, your baby isn't going anywhere. The extra space around the forks because of how small the rs50 is. My triumph and my cbr have no where near that much space.

This season I'll be at a bunch of TTDs so feel free to drop by and ask questions, I get a million any time anyone sees it and have convinced a few people out here to buy them.

Anyone know who sells this crap locally? Auto zone or any of those? Shipping like doubles the cost of the crap
    I've seen some at a couple places that do trailer hitches and whatnot, so I would try there first.

Original

Hello,

My name is Mark Ivie and I am the inventor and manufacturer of the Freestand. I know you dont like manufacturers invading the forum but I just wanted to answer a few questions that have been raised about my stand.

It is very stable and secure and it does not rub off the finish where it comes in contact with the bike. I put heavy vinyl tubing over the clamps to ensure there is no marring of the surface it contacts. I even put soft padding along the bottom of the extension that holds the clamps just in case it were to accidentally come into contact with the fender, which would only happen during setting up the height of the stand.

This design was made specifically with sport bikes in mind and the fact that it works on other types of bikes is a bonus. I have tested the stand personally on all of the modern Japanese sport bikes, and I have Ducatis and BMWs using them as well among many others.

And as far as shipping goes, the most it would cost is around $40.00 and if you mention this post, I will waive the shipping.

Thanks drinkingmymilk for your support and explanation of how the stand works. I really appreciate it.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Good riding,

Mark

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

And there you have it.
    Db I'm pretty sure they make wheel chicks that clip into the e track and I know they make d rings that do.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Find a trailer/ transport place in your area.

Call these guys and they can tell you who sells it locally.

http://www.kinedyne.com/interiorvan/...=LogisticTrack

High maintenance priss

Thanks for some very useful info posted.

Pitt: regarding e-track, it can/will trap dirt and small objects if you install on the floor. Not specific to e-track...any recess or slot in the floor would do that. Very minor. Its also not quite flush; may or may not be an issue to you.

Oxx is right: I know condor makes an e-track adapter.

Only other floor system i've seen is one ProLine offers in their trailers. Slick. Don't know where you'd be able to buy.

Still dont know what Im gonna do. Dealing with ETrack is more of a pain in the ass than anything. Those wheel chocks look nice, but a lot of money.
    Thinking maybe Ill just permanently mounting them. How much space should I leave between the tie down point and the chock?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Dealing with ETrack is more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Secure them to the floor or wall and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post

Secure them to the floor or wall and you're done.

Meant getting them, finding what I need, affording them. Yknow, the important shit

Zip Tie Alley #505

Ahh yes...the all important "buy-in".

I'm an E track addict so it was all worth it for me.

Good luck, DB and I miss you dearly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast