I hadn't ridden my beloved track machine since NJMP's Lightening and hadn't even put anything back on it to do so. The SV650S with Woodcraft rearsets isn't really that appetizing to ride when you also have an R1200RT especially from the city where one must poke along for at least 10 minutes to get to a highway and then escape the area via slab for 15 minutes. The RT does everything well and the SV650S is just way fun on the track and far less to worry about at the track. Still... it's a great bike and deserves more love.

In went fuses for high and low beams, connected wire for tail light, checked oil, brought tires up to street pressures, mirrors back on and adjusted, license plate, off with the painters tape, check all the important bolts, lube chain and then ride. Mmmmmmm, it is a great bike and a nice day for a ride.

On the way home I stopped for a pound of fresh coffee at the 1369 Cawfeehouse in Inman Sq and a Boston Sunday Globe for my wife. Then I walk out and realize this bike has no hard luggage and the space under the seat is tiny and already jammed with stuff. Stuffed both items inside my RevIt suit. Looked like a backward Quasimodo.

Note: SC2 compound Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro might not be thrilled with 50 degree temps and colder shady roads when you can't really get any heat in them. Careful out there track nuts!

Note2: I haven't even close to kept up with NESR so I apologize for missing stuff. I hope everyone is well and that others get to go south and play with bikes and not have to wait MONTHS for a track day like me.

Cheers,
Dave