Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What's the catch on this suit?

Lifer

What's the catch on this suit?

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...drag_suit.html
    I have an old Fieldsheer which was large on me when I bought it and even more so since I lost some weight. I would be riding in this mostly on Sunday fun rides, maybe a track day per year maybe not. This seems to be slightly more comfortable for the street. It is available in my size 38 as well. Anybody can tell me what the catch? It seems way too cheap. Was also thinking about waiting for the winter Seacoast sale and picking up a used revit or dainese. Not looking for anything too fancy, but want good protection for the street. I am 5'8", 137 lbs, so a 38 US should fit me well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Re: What's the catch on this suit?

America is fat, you're small. Most likely a leftover they can't get ride of. That deal isn't unbelievable though...lots of other brands have similar price cuts.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 07-21-14 at 05:29 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

I had a Fieldsheer drag suit back when I used to drag race for fun at Epping, it fit nothing even close to how a set of roadrace leathers should fit. For drag racing, there is very little movement, and that's what that suit is designed to do. I would stay away from it, unless of course you plan to dragrace.

Yamaha

Lifer

That's not that cheap of a price. I paid less for my clearance/demo/blow'n-'em-out Teknic a couple years ago. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

R7's comments about the suit not fitting right for your needs may be right. But the problem with the suit isn't the price.

I would ask what their return policy is. Speed and Strength seems to be middle to bottom of the barrel. If you plan on crashing in this multiple times you may want to pick something that's heavier leather and more track worthy.

Lifer

Thanks for the advise guys. I think I will skip on this. I'd rather buy a better quality suit and pay more when I have the money or buy a used one that is still in good condition.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

It’s a Drag suit also.....not the same as a Road race suit. Notice there is no pucks on it???

Lifer

Yes, I understand. This would be almost exclusively for the road. I decided to wait and see.