Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If you have been down at a trackday, and covered by Mass. insurance...

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

Re: If you have been down at a trackday, and covered by Mass. insurance...

take a giant dump on their front steps... wont solve any issues but will make their day a little shittier

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

2 posts and nothing helpful what so ever rolker...ahh well at least you admitted your a dick.

I am going to write a couple letters to the company, registered mail ofcourse. Ill climb the ladder untill they stop talking to me, then I will decide if they violated their good faith policy and take it from there. My agents statement has been recorded by the claims people and put into my folder, but I will still get it in writing.

uuummmm ............ just sayin .... at track-days most all of the glass is taped up ..... plates are usually not on .... IS IT STREET LEGAL AT THAT POINT ?

At rider training classes , most of that I've seen anyway .... bikes are usually street legal ...............

Don't bring a bike you cant afford to FIX ! If YOU do something that You wouldn't do on the street !!!

Accidents happen on the track .... DONE !

Quote Originally Posted by Sbk12rs View Post
    uuummmm ............ just sayin .... at track-days most all of the glass is taped up ..... plates are usually not on .... IS IT STREET LEGAL AT THAT POINT ?

At rider training classes , most of that I've seen anyway .... bikes are usually street legal ...............

Don't bring a bike you cant afford to FIX ! If YOU do something that You wouldn't do on the street !!!

Accidents happen on the track .... DONE !
    K, Im going to say this again, and this is not directed at you Sbk....

People..I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON RIDING ON THE TRACK. I CAN AFFORD TO FIX IT AND EVENTUALLY PLAN TO DO IT. I DONT LIKE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. THAT IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD, TO GET MY INSURANCE TO DO WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO IN CASE OF A CRASH.

This is directed at you SBK.
    Accidents happen on the track? NO SHIT SHERLOCK

Dont bring a bike I cant afford to fix? Your assuming I cant afford to fix something when the thread is clearly about being wronged by my insurance company...right.....

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

2 posts and nothing helpful what so ever rolker...ahh well at least you admitted your a dick.
    Make that 3!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

I am a CLAIMS manager at a regional insurance company. I am FULLY insured at the track as the activities performed at the track do not nullify the contract I have with my carrier (also my employer).

All I can say as advice to anyone is if you get denied by an insurance company for damages to your bike at a track day, PM me to see if it is my company and I can get the claim covered for you as it is in fact covered.

and no- I dont work for Arbella

Last edited by Lxpony; 10-01-10 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    I wish I could really say what I want but I don't want to get banned for life.

KB
    I'm willing to take that chance. Go on...

Original

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    That is not the point of track days.
    I bet it is to about 90% of the people that ride them.

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Ok, what the fuck is wrong with you people. If you are going to ride a vehicle beyond you abilities and crash it why do you expect the insurance company to pay you and jack up my rates? I never brought a bike to the track that I wasn't ready to total.

Sorry I wasn't born in this country so I don't quite understand this lack of personal responsibility people seem to have here...
    First, I apologize for the tone of my initial response. I had a bit of vodka flowing in my veins at that time (Thanks EX mafia!) so I didn't filter my response as I should.

If you think I'm a dick because of the tone of my response, you're right, that was a bit dickish. Now, if you think I'm a dick because of the unpopular opinion I expressed, go fuck yourself.

I think you are a dick because you are full of shit, If you crash your car/bike/boat etc and it's clearly your fault do you call your insurance company, yup. If you got into an accident in any vehicle that was your fault would you take responsibility and say "you know what I was at fault so I'll pay for all of the damages we don"t need to involve insurance companies" nope. And I know you wouldn't ever expect your health insurance to pay for any care that you needed due to your own actions, because you take responsibility for your own actions.

So like the OP said no Bullshit needed just help

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The way I see it. The insurance company is like a big giant corporation like trying to make money of you in like the loopholes of the system. They like totally don't want to pay. So like tell them WHATEVER and like stuff. And fight them tooth and nail. If you break a nail like totally get it fixed though. It could get like injected or something.

In all seriousness chris, fight it. Do not give up. This is accountability only on the INS company. They will gladly take your money but try and skip out when shit hits the fan. The attorney generals office will look into it, as they are the ones who uncovered the companies overcharging for motorcycle policies.

On another note yeah premiums are totally increased cuz everyone else sucks. It has absolutely nothing to do with you having a crap driving record and being lumped in statistically with those who make more claims. Notice the people with good driving records are very happy with how low their costs are compared to those of us who have been from time to time fucking idiots onthe road.

So, answer us this question.

Did you get, in writing, that you are covered.

Or was it just some dude at the agents office that said you were?

If its the second case, there is no way in hell you can prove it and he will deny it till he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    So, answer us this question.

Did you get, in writing, that you are covered.

Or was it just some dude at the agents office that said you were?

If its the second case, there is no way in hell you can prove it and he will deny it till he dies.
    He has said, and still says I am covered. He has called the claims person on speakerphone, with me in the office and openly stated to the person that I should be covered. I do not have it in writing...yet.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think I would've just git the bike home and said that I was in a single vehicle accident on some back road and I towed the bike home myself. Sorry no witnesses. You can send the check to the same address you send the bill

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think I would've just git the bike home and said that I was in a single vehicle accident on some back road and I towed the bike home myself. Sorry no witnesses. You can send the check to the same address you send the bill

Well atleast your not planning on insurance fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    I think you are a dick because you are full of shit
    Wow, are we back in high school? Just because we disagree about insurance coverage at the track doesn't make you a dick in my mind. Too bad you think otherwise...

If you crash your car/bike/boat etc and it's clearly your fault do you call your insurance company, yup. If you got into an accident in any vehicle that was your fault would you take responsibility and say "you know what I was at fault so I'll pay for all of the damages we don"t need to involve insurance companies" nope.
    Are you talking about crashing at the track or on public roads? If I get Tboned in 3, I will not be expecting the other rider or his/her insurance to repair my bike. I just don't equate track riding with street riding from an insurance point of view.

And I know you wouldn't ever expect your health insurance to pay for any care that you needed due to your own actions, because you take responsibility for your own actions.
    You do make a good point here, I do expect my medical insurance to cover me at the track.

So like the OP said no Bullshit needed just help
    You do know that this is a thread on NESR right?

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Just pointing out that you take personal responsibilaty when it is convenient for your wallet. Guess I was vague but my point was will you call your insurance company if while on the street you damage someones vehicle/property/person in an auto/moto that you have insured? Because what you are preaching is that you should take responsibility for screwing up basically and pony up the cash with out expecting your insurance to cover any of the expenses.

eta: I might be a dick as well as i'z been drinkin too

truncated phrase here trider143's Avatar

You do make a good point here, I do expect my medical insurance to cover me at the track.
    On the topic of medical insurance, your expectation may fail you. Here is what I experienced.

Crashed at track day. Looked at bike and figured < $500 worth of damage and did not even think of filing a clam for bike damage.

Went to Dr., citing it was a motorcycle accident, for what turned out to be wrist fracture and shoulder soft-tissue damage. At Dr. visit, said I was not filing a claim.... here is where the trouble starts.

Medical insurance expects vehicle insurance to pay out first, up to the limits of the vehicle insurance. If you don't file a vehicle insurance claim, no pay from med insurance.

And for moto insurance, you have to elect for MEDPAY coverage to cover expenses for medical treatments to yourself.

Bottom line. Expecting med insurance to cover for a moto accident, may not be something to rely on, without also filing a claim on the vehicle insurance for medical.

Quote Originally Posted by trider143 View Post
    On the topic of medical insurance, your expectation may fail you. Here is what I experienced.

Crashed at track day. Looked at bike and figured < $500 worth of damage and did not even think of filing a clam for bike damage.

Went to Dr., citing it was a motorcycle accident, for what turned out to be wrist fracture and shoulder soft-tissue damage. At Dr. visit, said I was not filing a claim.... here is where the trouble starts.

Medical insurance expects vehicle insurance to pay out first, up to the limits of the vehicle insurance. If you don't file a vehicle insurance claim, no pay from med insurance.

And for moto insurance, you have to elect for MEDPAY coverage to cover expenses for medical treatments to yourself.

Bottom line. Expecting med insurance to cover for a moto accident, may not be something to rely on, without also filing a claim on the vehicle insurance for medical.
    Actually I have taken a trip to the hospital after a high-side at NJMP and my medical insurance covered it. They did ask about vehicle insurance and I just explained to them that the incident was on non-insurable non-street legal motorcycle and it happened on a closed course. They didn't ask any more questions and covered the expenses.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

truncated phrase here trider143's Avatar

Actually I have taken a trip to the hospital after a high-side at NJMP and my medical insurance covered it. They did ask about vehicle insurance and I just explained to them that the incident was on non-insurable non-street legal motorcycle and it happened on a closed course. They didn't ask any more questions and covered the expenses.
    Fair point. Knowing my street bike at the track day was insured, this did not cross my mind. So I don't know if I my accident happened on an uninsured track bike what my med insurer would have done.

Curious what others have found in this case?

I am continuing an ongoing battle with Arbella insurance company blah blah blah, blah blah blah.//
    Call up the consumer protection division of the MA Attorney General's office.

Yeah... for any accident I've had on the track that required medical attention, I explained that it was not on a public way and did not involve any other people (regardless of if it did or not).

This lets your medical insurance know they are not going to be able to go after someone else (vehicle insurance, other person's insurance, etc)

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Just pointing out that you take personal responsibilaty when it is convenient for your wallet. Guess I was vague but my point was will you call your insurance company if while on the street you damage someones vehicle/property/person in an auto/moto that you have insured? Because what you are preaching is that you should take responsibility for screwing up basically and pony up the cash with out expecting your insurance to cover any of the expenses.
    What I'm preaching is that the track is not equivalent to the street. Sure, if I'm involved in an accident on the road I'll go through insurance. In fact, I'm the idiot who left my contact info on a parked car I lightly bumped in a parking lot so my insurance could cover the damage even though I could have gotten away with it. So yes, I took the financial hit with the resulting higher premiums and took responsibility for my actions.

In my mind, insurance is meant to cover us under typical street riding conditions, where we should not be at the edge of our abilities. Track days are meant to be a safer place to push our abilities than the streets, not a because the track is magically crash proof, but because the track day environment attempts to minimize crashing and minimize the resulting damage. Ideally, no one would crash at a track day, but realistically, many of us push ourselves to a point where the risk of crashing increases significantly. The fact that we are knowingly increasing our chances of crashing is the reason I believe we are no longer within the sphere of insurance coverage.

Anyways, that's my opinion. It might be wrong and opposite to everyone else but I'm sticking to it. I know a few guys that successfully claimed track day damage and I don't hold it against them.

eta: I might be a dick as well as i'z been drinkin too
    Yeah, DDK is no longer allowed to feed me vodka without first disabling my internet...

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

I am continuing an ongoing battle with Arbella insurance company and its condescending claims people. I was told by my agent that I was covered for my track days, he still says I am covered and has said so to the claims people, yet they are still being resilient. I've received two letters. One stating the auto policy they are using to deny me, and the second stating the letters I have in my defense don't mean shit to them.

Basically:
    We will not pay if an accident occurs while an
    auto covered under this Part is being operated in any prearranged of organized
    racing speed, stunting or demolition contest or activity or in practice or
    preparation for any such contest or activity.

This is all I am asking. I dont need a bunch of bullshit about why I shouldn't be covered. I will however accept reasons I should be covered

If you have had an accident at a track day and successfully went through insurance, what company did you have, and how smoothly did it go. What did they require from you, if anything? How long did it take? If they all use the same auto policy I don't see how some can be covered and others not...
    If you have what your agent said in WRITING - then you can go after his errors & omissions insurance and you would be most likely covered. If you do not have it in writing - then just the contract between you and the insurance company matters. Giving them an official letter from the track day organizers that spells out that its not timed and not competitive racing would help as well. As would a letter stating all written by an attorney (but you need to do cost benefits analysis yourself based on bike damage, raised insurance premium in the future etc.)

He has said, and still says I am covered. He has called the claims person on speakerphone, with me in the office and openly stated to the person that I should be covered. I do not have it in writing...yet.
    I had a situation where dealing with carrier on a total loss value was not getting me where I wanted. Talked to my agent, who I was a lil friendly with, and after he spoke to carrier, the paid out value went to where I wanted it to be.

So.....keep on keepin on.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast