Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trackday Prep...

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Trackday Prep...

Started prepping the bike for the trackday, taped over head/tail lights disconnected lights. Removed directionals, removed mirrors and tie wrapped fairing. Going around bike checking all bolts, screws and nuts something catches my eye. Take a closer look and there is a small shiny piece of metal in my NEW (750 miles) rear tire. Start to pull it out PSSSSSSST, F#$K. Its a 2 1/2" long finishing nail.

Start pulling wheel, Double"D" starts making calls and finds one in stock at a local parts dealer. They can mount it but have to leave for there now they're close to closing but will wait for me.

Off in the truck I go. Got new tire, mounted it set and lubed chain.

Now for the fun of shredding it in at the track.

Thanks Degs for the track break in method......

Rant over......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

Trackday Prep...

Dude should have just plugged it like I did my street rear tire... I'll show you at the track! Works perfect and saved me the tire...

I have my bike 98% ready,
    Swapped rims to the ones with my new Michelin Races !
    Removed stock plastic and put E-Bay specials on for the side fairings and tail section.
    put stock seat back on and put the Corbin away.
    Removed tail light bulbs and headlight bulbs.
    Taped over tail lights and front directionals.
    Removed rear directionals.
    Headlights are are already covered with trick tape!
    Taped over rim wieghts.
    Removed everything from my tail section.
    Put extra "HP" stickers on the Track plastics.
    Cleaned the chain and sprockets.
    Cleaned the whole bike!
    Corrected my high idle ...
    Topped off oil.

Only thing left is take the mirrors off and put blank of plates on, Lube the chain.
    Trim up the tape on the lights.
    Warm up the race tires!!!

Oh yeah I need to prep the R1 tomorrow too! Remove mirrors, tape up headlights, front directionals, tail lights.... Hopefully borrow someones R1 tool kit to adjust the suspention?? ANYONE ????

Tomorrow Night Myself, Skiierx, and cyberxen will be having dinner and a frosty cold at uno's around 8 if anybody is interested to join us. We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard seeing the "Roof was booked....

Wooohooo I am psyked!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Lifer

Trackday Prep...

KB and I ust took off my pilot sport that I ran with 2 plugs and a can of slime in it from the time it was brand new till it was spent and never had an issue. We got a fresh set of pilot sports mounted up tonight over at KB's supershop garage and lubed the chain. I'll scrub 'em in before and after work tomorrow, tape the lights wed night and I'm ready to go.

What did you do with the tire with the hole in it? I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Trackday Prep...

Originally posted by hessogood
    I'll scrub 'em in before and after work tomorrow, tape the lights wed night and I'm ready to go.

What did you do with the tire with the hole in it? I'd be happy to take it off your hands.
    Wed Night??? You doing the NTSR/NESR track day or the Wednesday SRNE "Tony's" Track day???? I just might have to take the day off Thursday and ride up if the weather is good for some pics and maybe get there early enough to do some corner working.. I'll just call in sick, They can't fire me I already gave my notice!!!!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Trackday Prep...

Originally posted by hessogood

Will be having it plugged. It's always nice to have a spare.

With it being my first track day I didn't want any mental distractions that would be caused by a fresh plug. I've ridden with them before but never really start trusting them until I get some milage on them. So the piece of mind from the new skin is definately worth it to me.

Just wish I didn't have to spend the money for it. The 208's that I had on there were bought cause I needed new for the trackday

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS