Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Traded the RSV4

Re: Traded the RSV4

Yeah, I'll chime in! I'll borrow jcbell's phrase and agree that this bike has given me a new lease on streetriding, which was all but dead to me but not because of mileage per tank. Being on a full sportbike on the street was becoming cumbersome and unpleasant. The way I thought about riding a bike designed for the track was fundamentally at odds with living near a city. This thing is just fun any speed. Of course, none of this sentiment is new. Countless others have come to the same or similar conclusion; it just took me longer. I've ridden the outgoing Hyper several times and enjoyed it as well.

I expect the bike to perform reasonably well on track as well (with the possible exception of rearset height), but I'll know more after this weekend.

Traded the RSV4-hyper-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    /s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

Yea I'm gonna end up picking one up as well. In fact the bike jcbell picked up came damn close to ending up in my garage. As much as I love my R6 it just isn't fun anymore on the street.

I figured you would've picked up the 796 you guys had Ryan. Thanks for not stealing this one on me. I owe you a beer at least.

I'd be curious to try one of the new hypers to see how different the engine feels.

I came close on that, but sold it soon after as well. I haven't ridden a 796 before (though I could have taken that for a rip)... I guess the new ones are likely more what I'd be looking for. That said I'm usually a smaller engine guy so I may have liked it more. I like wringing the shit out of the throttle Either way, awesome f'n bike. By far the most fun I've had all around the few times I've tried them. Also, I'd rather a blacked out one than the typical Ducati red.

Last edited by RyanNicholson; 08-29-13 at 10:08 PM.

xxaarraa

So.. are these hypers only for tall people or does Ducati sell lowering links from factory like BMW does? I could manage on their superbikes (749/848/1198) and Monsters, but always thought Hypers and Multis were beyond reach. Jcbell, do you know?

They are tall. But it's not any talker than my RSV4 was.

We bought the comfort low seat this weekend and it helps but I'm no where near able to flat foot.

I'm used to it though. I'm 5'6" on a good day with a 30" inseam. I haven't been able to flat foot any bike I've owned.

The 2013 SP has a ridiculous seat height of 35.2". The race/lower seat drops it 20mm, but it remains a very tall bike.

/s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by dhawks View Post
    The 2013 SP has a ridiculous seat height of 35.2". The race/lower seat drops it 20mm, but it remains a very tall bike.
    No height adjustor links from DP or lowerking dog bones like on beamers?

Mine has an adjustable link in the rear. From the looks of it, the PO adjusted it all the way down or it came on the lowest setting.

Even if the rear has been brought down, it hasn't slowed the steering down one bit. This thing turns so easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12