Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trailer my bike to Loudon trackday?

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I know some of you have offered me to trailer my bike up to Loudon...it seems after all I have more than good chances to be able to attend this. I just need my Man God to come home for 2pm from work on that day 'cause the babysitter cannot do it later than that. I am located in Springfield MA. If someone could trailer my bike up there who don't live far from me, that would be awsome. I will drive up there the morning of the trackday and come back home the same day (I can't stay overnight ) If someone living close to me or on my way up there also have their bike trailered by someone and would like me to pick you up to drive up there togueter, let me know!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I had 1st extended the offer to Court, as she lives about 6 miles from me. She at first said she didn't need it. Then I offered it to you, but you couldn't go up the night before. Then Court's trailer deal hit a snag, she asked if it was still available. She's got it.

Now...if you get in a pinch and still need it, I can actually put your 2fiddy in the back of my van. I just need help getting it in at both ends of the trip. And you would need to find some tie-downs for it, because with 2 bikes on the trailer, mine are all used up.

Let me know if you really need the haul up there.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Sprintposer....when I said in my previous post "I know some of you have offered me to trailer my bike up to Loudon..." I was saying this because I feel bad having you guys offering me this and I couldn't give you a straight answer, and I know I really seem like a yoyo with all this...lol...Man God is not really trying to get me to do this trackday. But I told him I need to do this to improve my riding skills...he think I'm going only to have fun while he's going to work. Yes I want to have fun doing this, but mostly and more importantly, I think I really need to do this for myself to get rid of some fears I have. (out of my damn soap box now...LOL)

when you say tigh downs, do you mean bungie cords? I have plenty of thoses...as far as getting the bike "in", if you come and pick it up on evenings, Man God will help you....we might even have some planks to roll it in. I'll just wait ands ee if someone even closer offer me the haul for the bike so you don't have to come all the way here...

I'm really feeling bad looking like a stupid yoyo...thank you so much for you guys trying to help me out.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Bungee cords will NOT be good enough. Hit Walmart, go to the setion for Auto/trailers/camping. They have a selection of tie-downs. There are two types, many different widths, ratings, lengths. You only need 12ft. long ones, 1" wide should do for a 250.

You only need the "1000 lbs" rating. Even those are a little heavier than needed for an inside-a-van transport, but should you ever trailer it in the future, you'll have them. The two types are rachet pull down and tension. I buy 2 of the slightly more expensive rachet type to tie down the front. then use two light-duty tension-type to steady the back of the bike.

BTW, no problem with the yo-yo thing. Don't worry about it. Between various NESR members, you're going to get there, you're going to have fun....and you're going to LEARN!

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Copy that Roger! I'll make sure to go and get that stuff! Thanks!!!!