Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trailer Setup - AC and Etrack Question

Trailer Setup - AC and Etrack Question

I picked up a 6x12 enclosed vnose trailer. This things seems like quite the luxury now that I won't have to jam the bike and all gear into my truck.

Looking for some feedback on setting things up.

1. I am putting E-track in... my original plan was to run three strips (left, center and right) down the length of the trailer for tie downs. Now I am thinking it might be overkill and I would only need a strip front and back (trailer width). Thoughts?

2. AC Power - Planning on installing some outlets and lights. What type of cable should I use? I have a ton of romex lying around. Would BX (Armored) be a better option or is there something else I should consider?

3. Most of the time I will only have one bike in there, but on occasion will bring along a second. Do I need to center the bike (for driving weight distribution purposes) or is it ok to leave it on one side so I don't have to put three chock positions in there?

Thanks,
    Matt

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Trailer Setup - AC and Etrack Question

Hey Matt, I have a 6 x 12 too. I made a bunch of stuff that I got by using angle iron and rivits and some aluminum. I have etrack and floor ties. I used a lot of extra ones so I can move the bike(s) around to suit. I made towel dispenser, rubber glove box holder, fire extinquisher holder, aerosol cans(3) holder, flashlight holder, helmet holder, and a super heavy duty leather suit hanger. More than welcome to check it out for ideas.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

FYI- if you use Condor wheel chocks they now have an ETrack mount attachment.

High maintenance priss

Quote Originally Posted by FirstLightning View Post
    3. Most of the time I will only have one bike in there, but on occasion will bring along a second. Do I need to center the bike (for driving weight distribution purposes) or is it ok to leave it on one side so I don't have to put three chock positions in there?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Nice grab; I'm jealous...I have a measly landscaping trailer.

I was told that positioning the bike on 1 side or the other (vs. center) does not matter one bit; its negligible due to the overall weight of the trailer and cargo. Centering is really only important on super light trailers (like those little harbor freight foldy jobs). So just put your chocks, tie downs, etc...setup for 1 left and 1 right position.

It *is* important to keep your front/back distribution of weight in check to keep tongue weight correct though.

have these guys set up your A/C

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    More than welcome to check it out for ideas.
    I'll send you a PM. Thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

FYI- if you use Condor wheel chocks they now have an ETrack mount attachment.
    Good call Ted. Maybe that might work.

Quote Originally Posted by keeena View Post
    I was told that positioning the bike on 1 side or the other (vs. center) does not matter one bit; its negligible due to the overall weight of the trailer and cargo.
    Thanks... frees up a ton of space on one side if I am only transporting one bike.

Quote Originally Posted by DBKromz View Post
    have these guys set up your A/C

Jim- I'll give your boys a call once I get the power situation taken care of. I am a bit concerned that the strippers might be too cold to perfrom. Why do you think I bought all that ETrack???? Raised Stage!