Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trailers

Trailers

I'm likely going to build myself a 4 place trailer this summer, with some bike carrying specific's to it, and I've thought about building a few 2 place trailers as well. (All open trailers, with a front stoneguard - none fully enclosed)

So the question to those that do have an open trailer - what feature is most important to you, and what feature or option do you wish you had?

And the question to those that don't have a trailer - would you buy an open trailer, or just buy an enclosed trailer? Is it all price, or do you want something bike specific?

Plans at the moment are for pretty standard stuff - torflex axle(s), tilt deck, stone-guard front wrap, tie-downs or wheel stands, etc.

Thanks,
    pb.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Workload for sale. Job sale possibility. Caretaker needed for housework and entertaining kids. I need some time back.

A steady job and a family has ruined many a good biker.

Trailers

I've got an open landscape trailer . Its is simply the best tool I have ..... Its been used for EVERYTHING ,, I used it today to go to Home Depot . There are limitations to both , but for my dime the landscape worked the best. Storage is one thing . Do you want to look at an enclosed one in your yard all the time your not using it ? The landscape is low profile ,, I sort of hide mine behide a swing I have in the yard . I use my trailer everyother weekend , my girl lives 100 miles away and with two dogs I have to take ALL my stuff when I go . I have a lot of friends that take it when I'm not using it and they love it . it seems to be a lot EASIER to haul around ,, small ,, light ,, moves easy . I spent about a season on the debate my self ,,, and went for the CHEAPER START !!!! Good luck !

Littering and........

Trailers

Tie down hooks. Lots of them.

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Trailers

I have a 5 x 8 utility / landscaping trailer. Works great, Drop gate rear so there is no need to carry ramps. Had a set of rails made that I just screw down to the deck when I haul the Bike(s). Can fit two on it with no problem. Use 5/8" screw eyes for tie down points, four for each bike. Made metal threaded receivers for the screw eyes so that the can be removed when they're in the way when carrying other loads.

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS