Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Triumph Adventure

Re: Triumph Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Nope. Instead, those look like dual 2 pot sliding calipers.
    OH WOW! My 1982 Honda has that! So technologically advanced!

Everything seems great.....now toss some good brakes on there damnit!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

It's an enduro, not a sport bike.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

I disagree, it is an adventure bike.

I'd be fine with the dirty version having those brakes, but that street version needs grabby grabbers. It's a sleeper twisty weapon for sure with that 675 motor in there.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

SV650s have dual 2 pot sliders. Street Triples (the standard one, not the R) also have them.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

SV650S also has a dampening rod front fork with pre-load only adjustability.

I hope this isn't dumbed down for "cost saving" measures.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

well why else would you purposely make parts suck, if not for cost saving measures?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Show me ANY adventure bike that has radial-mount calipers. None of the BMWs do. None of the KTMs do. Don't bother bringing up the Multistrada 1200 because that's not an adventure bike, it's an upright sport-touring bike.

I will once again point out that this new Triumph has a 19" front wheel, not a 17". What does this tell you about its intended purpose? Triumph already has a sleeper twisty weapon with a 675 motor. It's called the Street Triple.

--mark

Last edited by markbvt; 07-21-10 at 03:36 PM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Why not use radial mount brakes?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

I don't know, but since no one puts them on ADV bikes, there must be a reason...

--mark

Overkill on unpaved/loose roads?

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

speaking of riding on / off road

Big bike loop in central mass
    mostly dirt roads , country back road bumpy pavement , some double track unmaintained roads . Loop can be done on ktm 950, Big GS tiger , etc , assuming you are comfortable off road . Little bikes welcome as long as you don't mind that kind of seat time on a little bike

I'll be on a KLR 650 with 50/50 tires

roughly 130+ mile loop with a lunch stop

pack some water and snacks as other breaks will be on the route but not necessarily at a store .

ride leaves the dunkin donuts parking lot in the big Y plaza on rt 9 in spencer mass at 9am sharp .

Respond here if you plan to go as if there is no response I will just be leaving from home instead .

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

There's a whole dirt-riding subforum here, and a rides/events forum. Those would be much better places to announce your ride instead of hijacking a thread about a not-yet-released adventure bike.

--mark

Well, there's big news in the V-Strom world too! In 2011 (there are no 2010's) the DL650A will be available in white or black! Way to go Suzuki!

# of changes to DL650 since it was introduced in 2004 [excluding the 2007 motor change, which resulted from the twin-plug SV650]: ABS. While the GSX-R gets updated every two years.....

Of course, DL riders have been asking for longer suspension travel, spoked wheels, and switchable ABS since introduction. And during that time Honda introduced a new Veradero and Transalp, BMW redid the 1200GS twice and introduced the F650 and F800GS, Yamaha introduced the 1200GS-killer Super Tenere' [except in the US].

But the v-Strom development team, not to be outdone by Triumph, has introduced their own teaser video: this just in.

YouTube- Cricket Sound

Last edited by Garandman; 07-23-10 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post

There's a whole dirt-riding subforum here, and a rides/events forum. Those would be much better places to announce your ride instead of hijacking a thread about a not-yet-released adventure bike.

--mark
    They have this whole other forum too! Advrider: ride the world.

just kidding kids, keep your panties on.

Triumph adventure: I'd hit it. I don't know if I'd spend probably upwards of 12-13k on it though. I ride the tiger at boos's demo, and while fun, I think a bike that's marketed as an adventure bike and costs 15-16k should come with some more creature comforts. Heated grips, a 12v outlet, handguards, stuff like that. My next bike will be my car, so I'll probably get something along these lines. Probably used and already farkled though.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    # of changes to DL650 since it was introduced in 2004 [excluding the 2007 motor change, which resulted from the twin-plug SV650]: ABS.
    For the record, the Wee-Strom also received a slightly stronger alternator for '08, the swingarm was lengthened just enough to require an additional two links in the chain (don't ask me how I found that one out...), the exhaust system was changed for '07, and the switchgear was changed for '07.

Aside from the alternator, none of these changes meant a thing to Wee-Strom owners. And the alternator wasn't enough more powerful to be very significant (I think it's only 20 watts more)... although a buddy of mine with an '07 has mentioned that he's run down his battery when riding with both heated vest and heated grips on full, and I've never had that problem with my '08. It's also possible, though, that my heated vest just doesn't draw as much as his.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper
    Triumph adventure: I'd hit it. I don't know if I'd spend probably upwards of 12-13k on it though. I ride the tiger at boos's demo, and while fun, I think a bike that's marketed as an adventure bike and costs 15-16k should come with some more creature comforts. Heated grips, a 12v outlet, handguards, stuff like that.
    I'm guessing the Tiger Cub/Adventure/Whatever The Fuck They're Calling It will come in around $10-11k. The Tiger 1050 starts at $12k, so I would think the smaller bike would need to be cheaper.

--mark

I've always liked Triumph's ability to make accessories and clothing that I actually want to buy for it's fit/feel/function/features. I see them loading up showrooms with "cash on hand" purchaseable items to help dealerships out on day-to-day cash flow (paying the RENT).
    Once they hop into adventure, wham... all kinds of farkelnous opens up. I wouldn't be surprised if they've had their lines of clothing and accessories already manufactured or bought from other famous aftermarket places and branded and waiting for the process of "bike hype" and the waiting game.

Good points on here, of how our internet generation wants immediate gratification, photos, video, color swatches, instead of falling for the "wowwww wonder what that is, still wondering, another 4 months for another picture, next year to get on a waiting list for the bike...." I'll put myself in the, "Give me the Damn Bike Now" or shut the hell up until I can buy the damn thing, category.

But I'm old and grumpy, unless I'm riding, then I'm a cordial, happy, sexy beast.

2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200ST
    CanAm Spyer RSS SE5 (Wifey's)
    DRZ400S
    Pitster Pro X4i MiniMotard
    Yamaha TTR

Die Livin'

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    For the record, the Wee-Strom also received a slightly stronger alternator for '08, the swingarm was lengthened just enough to require an additional two links in the chain (don't ask me how I found that one out...), the exhaust system was changed for '07, and the switchgear was changed for '07.//
    I didn't list the longer wheelbase or uprated alternator because they were both done to accommodate ABS. And the switchgear didn't add any new functionality. Not a big diff from my 05 DL650 to 09 DL650A.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-23-10 at 04:56 PM.

Some new info today, and another teaser video on the Triumph Adventure site.

Front brakes/suspension on the road version:

Definitely a welded-on subframe and passenger peg hangers (boo!). I predict a lot of sawn-off passenger pegs. Really don't know what they were thinking on this one.

Looks pretty good from the back though. Skinny. That rear tire does not look like a 150... Is it possible the dirt version runs a 140/80-18 rear? That would be a big plus in my book.

Similar front view to what we had before.

The teaser video and email talk about a long-stroke triple... so at least we know how they got the extra displacement out of the basic 675 mill.

And some new "spy" shots from MCN:

--mark

I didn't mean to ruin your black panther party jenny ,

BUT
    there is obviously interest in this sort of riding on this website because there is talk of this type of bike .

secondly I am also a member on ADV but know for a fact that there are riders here that are leaning towards the dual sport side of things .

Sorry I hi jacked your thread about a dual sport bike with a ride planed to ride dual sport bikes but at least it was still a related to the topic.

Besides the fact I have been a member on this site a hell of a lot longer than most of you guys so deal with it

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by theothersean View Post
    I didn't mean to ruin your black panther party jenny ,

BUT
    there is obviously interest in this sort of riding on this website because there is talk of this type of bike .

secondly I am also a member on ADV but know for a fact that there are riders here that are leaning towards the dual sport side of things .

Sorry I hi jacked your thread about a dual sport bike with a ride planed to ride dual sport bikes but at least it was still a related to the topic.

Besides the fact I have been a member on this site a hell of a lot longer than most of you guys so deal with it
    Um...what? So I can post up a potential ride in any thread that has to do with sport bikes or sport touring bikes? Just because this thread is about an adventure bike (I suppose you could call it a dual sport bike) doesn't mean it's the place to post about a ride and say to respond to this thread about interest. And finally, what the hell does your tenure have to do with anything? Do you want to compare penis size next? Because neither of those matter when it comes to hijacking somebody's thread. There is an entire forum dedicated to posting about rides, try that next time (oh wait, you've been here for so long you should already know about that...sorry). Sorry, I feel like arguing tonight.

Edit I want that bike so badly, and after riding the Sprint I could very easily make another triple my next bike

Last edited by NobodySpecific; 08-04-10 at 06:36 PM.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

:whogives
    The bike looks decent, like I said before...kinda.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    Um...what? So I can post up a potential ride in any thread
    no your a fng

you have to had been a member before 2002 to do what ever the fuck you want.

sean keep up the good work!

let me know when you want to add another 150 or so miles to your loop, or if you ever want to do a sat ride.

jim

"Molon labe"

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    no your a fng

you have to had been a member before 2002 to do what ever the fuck you want.

sean keep up the good work!

let me know when you want to add another 150 or so miles to your loop, or if you ever want to do a sat ride.
    the good work? I appreciate the slurs, that really helps make your point! Nothing like being an asshole to make you look like a total dick. Can you at least post something about the new Triumph?

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    the good work? I appreciate the slurs, that really helps make your point! Nothing like being an asshole to make you look like a total dick. Can you at least post something about the new Triumph?
    I managed to get my old triumph dirty, does that count ?

and if the price was right I would buy another one

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast