Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Triumph service options

Re: Triumph service options

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Kinda sorta. They come up if you search by name, or if you put in Massachusetts. But if you put in a zip code, even their zip code, no dice.

I got an error again when I tried their contact form, so I sent an email.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    It looks like I'm buying an 08 Tiger 1050. It has around 7,000 miles and the owner was honest in stating the 6,000 mile service was not done.

The 6,000 mile service is mostly checks for adjustment. But it also includes a throttle body sync and there have been a number of factory tunes for this bike. Is throttle body sync straightforward on this triple?

I don't have the bike yet so I haven't delved into if it has the latest or recommended tune. It seems that you can download the tunes and buy a cable to load it, so I'm not sure it would have to be done by a factory authorized dealer. OTOH I understand 1050's have been plagued with cracked pistons from using low octane fuels and the latest factory tune (though they admit nothing) apparently retards the spark timing for lower octane fuel to minimize this issue.

I live in Boston and work in Peabody most days, so the only nearby dealer is Riverside. Are there any independents who work on these as well? It's also going to need new tires, I'll probably wait for a track day for that. And suspension upgrades. Yikes - better sell the SV asap!
    there's a dealer in salem mass actually. i work there lol. it's north river motors on 83 north street. stop by we'll definitely help out

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns
    my cell: 339-440-6023 (mike)
    north river motors: 978-745-7166 (feel free to speak with either Dennis or myself Mike)

Mike, I sent you folks an email yesterday. The Triumph website does not list your dealership if you search by zip code or town. It is only listed if you type in Massachusetts or the dealer name itself. You should really get on Triumph to get this fixed.

Also I couldn't get your Contact Us web form to work. I sent the email to Info.

First off I'll need an oil filter, so I'll try to stop by tomorrow. I may be interested in the tall saddle as well.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-12-12 at 08:24 AM.

Mike, I sent you folks an email yesterday. The Triumph website does not list your dealership if you search by zip code or town. It is only listed if you type in Massachusetts or the dealer name itself. You should really get on Triumph to get this fixed.

Also I couldn't get your Contact Us web form to work. I sent the email to Info.

First off I'll need an oil filter, so I'll try to stop by tomorrow.

thanks for letting me know. we are working on a new website, as you can see the current one really needs a big update. you need the oil filter for the 1050?

Michel Francois

The Triumph link can be fixed whether you upgrade your website or not. You are losing a bunch of opportunities.

Yes to the 1050 oil filter, and I'm trying to get some details on the tall saddle, which I believe is a factory accessory.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-12-12 at 08:40 AM.

Congrats on the new to you bike. It looks pretty mint from the picture.

Don't get to spending too much money before the title in in your hands. Just sayin'....

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Mike, to you have genuine Triumph key blanks? Do you make keys there? The guy has only given me one and is looking for the other. I still have the bike in the back of the van so we can test it on the spot.

Yes, they have blanks. Made an appointment for service Friday but dropped off the bike today since it was still in the van. This is a pretty sophisticated bike so having it checked out by experts seems prudent. Got to see the McQueen bike in person - the paint job in person is much cooler than the pictures.

Along with the rest of the line they have a Tiger 800XC and the new Explorer on the showroom floor.

Yes, they have blanks. Made an appointment for service Friday but dropped off the bike today since it was still in the van. This is a pretty sophisticated bike so having it checked out by experts seems prudent. Got to see the McQueen bike in person - the paint job in person is much cooler than the pictures.

Along with the rest of the line they have a Tiger 800XC and the new Explorer on the showroom floor.
    nice meeting you today. To answer your questions from earlier Triumph does have the hard bag kit for the 1050 but the top box would require the sliding carriage bracket and the infill panel also.

Michel Francois

Quote Originally Posted by R8td-R View Post
    nice meeting you today. To answer your questions from earlier Triumph does have the hard bag kit for the 1050 but the top box would require the sliding carriage bracket and the infill panel also.
    Thanks, likewise.

I'm interested in the tall saddle, not the top box.

Sometimes it rocks to live in Boston.

North River Cycles is 0.3 miles from the commuter rail station so I decided to take the train up.
    My wife dropped me off at the RMV in Chinatown. I was A108 and when I walked in they were on A107.
    Less than 10 minutes later I was out of there with registration and on the Orange Line headed for North Station - 12 minutes.
    Picked up the 10:20 train - arrived at Salem Station at 10:49, right on time.
    It was a five minute walk from the train station and though warm, nice and breezy.
    North River Cycles did a good job on the service and seems to have paid attention to all the details.

Bike was all ready and they checked and lubed everything. Got it inspected and a new battery and was on my way a little after 11:30.

Bike runs great and there's hardly a scratch on it. RMV book value was $7,725 and I paid substantially less with the side bags (which are $899). Very tractable at all rpms. Very relaxed at highway speeds. Engine sounds good, seems to have less mechanical noise and a bit more tone than the Tiger 800 I rode. Smoother than most twins and very free revving. Windshield works well for me, takes pressure off my chest but still get some breeze. Front end works well, rear shock sucks - might even be worse than the stock V-Strom shock. Any bumps and it transmits it right to your butt. Brakes work really well. The engine produces a lot of heat. It was 93 and you can feel it on your legs and even the fuel tank gets warm. The bags are pretty easy to attach and detach, open with the ignition key and seal well, but don't hold much and are pretty heavy for their capacity. I like the instruments and standard trip computer. Almost everyone who has seen the bike has commented favorably on the looks.

These are all pretty much per reviews. I'm bringing it down to GMD for a Penske shock and other suspension upgrades. I'll still use the V-Strom for a lot of commuting and trips but this will be a fun bike to tear around on! And per the post from the guy who lost his only key - I know have a total of five Broadway Lock in Southie is great!

Last edited by Garandman; 06-20-12 at 04:32 PM.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that by the time you get done with upgrading the very few shortcomings of that Tiger, the other bikes are going to get lonely.

I doubt it, but that's fine if it does.

The V-Strom is pretty tought to beat for everyday use due to heat [lack thereof in traffic], weather protection, luggage capacity, fuel economy, range, passenger accommodations, luggage rack, highway pegs, throttle lock, headlights, etc.

I bought this as a track day / fun bike as my knees can't take a sport bike riding position. It seems like it will be great for that. I expect to ride it as well on my "short" commute - 18 miles one way. The longer commutes (37 and 56 mi one way) I expect to keep piling on the V-Strom miles.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-20-12 at 05:41 PM.

Well, the triples do have a tendency to run hot in the days like today, that much is true. That said, you do have the panniers for it. Did it also come with the top box? If not, I do suggest you get one before they're discontinued. Does it have the hand guards, heated grips, accessory power port and/or any other farkles?

That bike should be fun at a track day with the right tires and suspension setup. So what would you be using the SV650SF bike for?

Lifer

Again, 'grats. Ride the snot out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    That bike should be fun at a track day with the right tires and suspension setup. So what would you be using the SV650SF bike for?
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...boston-ma.html

Last edited by nhbubba; 06-20-12 at 06:43 PM.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Great score on a great bike. And thanks for the write-up on North River Cycles.

And don't believe everything you think.

Dennis test rode it and said you bought a great bike. (thumbs up)

Michel Francois

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

North River is a solid shop, authorized Triumph sales and service all the way around. I've bought 2 bikes there and have never had any issues with sales or service. The fact that R8td-R is on here now is a bonus.

Just a happy customer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    no bikes currently

I'm bringing it down to GMD for a Penske shock and other suspension upgrades.!
    Peter put a Penske 8983 and race tech bushings and penske fork compression and rebound kit on my speed triple. awesome upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mojobreakfast View Post
    North River is a solid shop, authorized Triumph sales and service all the way around. I've bought 2 bikes there and have never had any issues with sales or service. The fact that R8td-R is on here now is a bonus.

Just a happy customer.

Michel Francois

Dana - new bike to the stable - hope to see you at Heath - we're passing on YB Breakfast tomorrow - I'm bikeless for now & still working on OT on the hand. Wife & kid- LOL my kid won't stop growing - are off on vacation & left me with the dogs & no bike.Kay & Dacary are not going out west - as they have the Ural that I could of jumped into for the ride BUT NO - see you soon.Enjoy

Two things help getting older - BMW'S and Metamucil

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge K View Post
    Dana - new bike to the stable - hope to see you at Heath - we're passing on YB Breakfast tomorrow - I'm bikeless for now & still working on OT on the hand.
    Want to take the SV650S tomorrow? Though not the most comfortable bike for a three hour ride. I'm riding the V-Strom, the Tiger needs some more setup.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-23-12 at 06:43 AM.

My wife would kill me if she found out! I have not been out on a bicycle or motorcycle in 2+ months - not sure about the vibration of a 2 cyc. my 4 cyc 4 BMW might be better on the finger. The other issue are my dogs getting them out to pee or holding it for 6-8 hrs. Dana you are evil ! DAMM YOU ....

Two things help getting older - BMW'S and Metamucil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast