Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Triumph Sprint ST?

Triumph Sprint ST?

Anyone have one, have any thoughts about how comfortable it would be for a taller rider?

Looking for a sportier but comfortable bike to ride out the rest of the season once my leg comes out of its cast/brace.

Anyplace you know of that has any deals on leftovers?

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Triumph Sprint ST?

Yeah greg, if it isn't too much trouble, I would be curious how much they want for it.

Been doing my reading and it 'seems' like this would be an ideal bike for me. I am more into sport tourers since I would like a bike on which I can get a knee down if I want to yet is still comfortable for a tall guy doing 2 up riding, and of the sport tourers out there, this seems like a great bike.

Cheers,
    Chris

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

same as im looking for

let me know how it works out
    sean got 1 but hes not real tall

Triumph Sprint ST?

The Sean that Beet may be talking about has a Sprint RS, which is different than the ST. The RS has the same motor and frame as the ST version, but a standard double-sided swingarm, less bodywork, a little less weight.

With the current offer of free hard bags (which don't fit the RS), the ST is a really great deal. Consider that it's a modern bike with modern motor (120HP), and selling nearer the price of a 1980's technology Kawasaki Concours. It comes with accessory socket to plug-in your heated clothing or other devices, and has two different tank bags available. You can also add heated grips, I LOVE mine.

The torque band of the motor is just GREAT. Put it 3rd gear and ride all day. Problems? I have had only two minor issues in 40,000 miles on my 2000 RS. Nothing more than any Japanese bike would. But a 2 year warranty took care of one of them. The bike has NEVER left me stranded, that important to note.

The only complaints I hear from owners: Runs hot anytime the ambient temperature rises above 85F. The area just in front of the seat gets warmed, as does the frame at your knees. Nothing really bad though. Also, the suspension tends to be too soft. Most riders crank up the pre-load near the max, but eventually (over 20K miles) do a "RaceTech" revalving of the forks, and put a Penske or Ohlins shock on. Mine has the stock stuff at 40K, I'm in no hurry to change it, and I seem to be able to keep up with some pretty fast guys on the street.

Stone reliable, great motor, awesome brakes, good handling, and really nice bags that FIT (they're made by Givi.) Best part is you can usually find a dealer that has one as a demo bike. Call around. Triumph WANTS you to ride it!

Good luck.

Ken M.
    '00 RS

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black