Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Triumph street triple

Triumph street triple

I was looking at a 2020 triumph Street Triple R, for a second motorcycle, it is listed for 9450 at a dealer.
    I was wondering if that is that a good price?? any help would be appreciated!

Ninja 400 girl

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Triumph street triple

Used or new? Miles if used?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Used or new? Miles if used?
    it is new, in the dealers showroom, never been ridden.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Sounds good ... is that the "out-the-door" price? Sometimes dealers will list a price, and then you find out about additional freight, set-up, and documentation fees which can run to hundreds of dollars.

Maybe also check around some other dealers?

Look slike MSRP on a 2021 is $10,800 (it reads "starting at $10,800")
    https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m.../street-triple

I had a 2010 Street Triple R, bought it new -- great bike. There's nothing like the sound of that triple revving to 10K+ ...

HTH,

Kurt

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 04-11-21 at 02:38 PM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

Lifer

I have a 2011 Street Triple R. Terrific all around bike. Excellent at pretty much everything with possibly the only exception being long highway travel. I geared up the front sprocket as I think it is too high RPM for my old age ;-)
    The price seems very good -again with the understanding that it depends what other add ons the dealer is not including. If the total add-ons are $500 that is reasonable.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Lifer

I have a 2011 Street Triple R. Terrific all around bike. Excellent at pretty much everything with possibly the only exception being long highway travel. I geared up the front sprocket as I think it is too high RPM for my old age ;-)
    The price seems very good -again with the understanding that it depends what other add ons the dealer is not including. If the total add-ons are $500 that is reasonable.

On a side note, the Street Triple R is a much better bike than the Ninja 400. They STR uses top notch brakes, adjustable suspension, and engine components. The Ninja 400 is a very good bike built with a price point in mind. Which begs the question as to why a second bike and not just replace the Ninja 400? The Street Triple R is also likely better at track days.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    The Ninja 400 is a very good bike built with a price point in mind. Which begs the question as to why a second bike and not just replace the Ninja 400? The Street Triple R is also likely better at track days.
    I'm guessing you haven't ridden a Ninja 400? They're a hoot.

If your goal of a trackday is to improve your skillset as a rider, I would argue there aren't many bikes better suited for the job...newbie or experienced riders alike.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't ridden a Ninja 400? They're a hoot.

If your goal of a trackday is to improve your skillset as a rider, I would argue there aren't many bikes better suited for the job...newbie or experienced riders alike.
    No, I haven't. years ago I had a Ninja 500 and then my wife had a Ninja 250 for a short period of time (which I rode more than she did). I have no doubt it is a hoot to ride. It is probably a better bike than the STR for improving your skills, but ultimately it is built at a budget. I have nothing against the 400. I bet it is a hoot! I liked the 250 a lot

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Well, we haven't heard from the OP. Maybe "a second bike" means "my next bike."

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And don't believe everything you think.

^^^ this. We forget that many people consider one bike to be 100% more than zero bikes, rather than 20% of the way to 5 bikes.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)