Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Triumph TT 600

Triumph TT 600

Anyone know anything about this bike? Reliable? Stay away? I'm trying to move into the 600 cc bike category and I saw one of these in my price range. (I guess they don't really hold their value so that makes me nervous?)

If I am off base in thinking that or anyone has any info, can you post up here?

Thanks !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cam

Triumph TT 600

Used... The one I saw was about $3600...???

Thanks for the info!!

Cam

Triumph TT 600

Hmm... have to get back to you tonight...

Cam

Triumph TT 600

iyam in shock.
    shock, i tell you.
    QUEE saying that a TRIUMPH is a good idea?!?

it's the coming of the apocalypse!

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Re: Triumph TT 600

Originally posted by Cam22
    (I guess they don't really hold their value so that makes me nervous?)
    There's your answer right there, I'd say. Anything that can't be easily resold you should stay away from. I'm not dissing the li'l Trumpet here. But lack of resale value isn't a good sign for ANY vehicle...

Keep looking. You'll be able to find some KILLER deals REAL soon. This is a great time of year to be in the market for a used bike...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Triumph TT 600

or, you could just crash 'em out at the end of the season, and get insurance to give you a good resale value.

'swhat i do!

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Triumph TT 600

Just buy the thing and sell it to Jay at the end of the year.

I seem to recall Jay had a good line on a TT600 from one of the forum members here a few years ago..

Triumph TT 600

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    if you're buying new, lack of resale might be a consideration... but if you're buying used, the lack of resale has worked in your favor. since when does any (reasonable) person buy a plaything (motorcycle) thinking "I wonder what it will be worth when I sell it?" maybe a Harley owner, and I believe that bubble will burst at some point. basically, depending on year, that bike is at half it's retail price. how can you go wrong? you could ride it for a year and it would still be worth that amount (well maintained).

sorry Jay, your logic is flawed.
    There's a reason, Greg, that these things are selling for so little. Even Triumph has given up on the marque. They're inferior in every way, and were outdated and outgunned in every way before they even hit the salesroom floors. It's a black flag on an otherwise noble return to the sportbike segment...

I stand by my approach of judging used vehicles by the attractiveness (or lack of) resale. Not just value alone, but whether or not I'd be able to even sell it or trade it in at some point and be at least somewhat happy with my 'return'....

I know it's your preferred brand Greg, and I'll respect that. But the market out there for the TT is anemic at best. While it may be a decent scoot for the money, you'll never get ridda it. If you're trying to move into the 600 cc sportbike catagory, you'd be best waiting a few more weeks. It's almost time that the used market gets flooded with 2-4 year old Jap sportbikes (that usually have lots o' goodies). Jonny Public's gotta keep up with the Jones's here. You'll be able to take your pick soon enough...

I coulda got that TT (last fall) for an unbelievable price. There's a reason he was selling it for so little, and there's a BIGGER reason I didn't end up buying it: I didn't want it sitting in my garage for the next fifteen years...

I'll try to keep my future posts more up to your standards of excellence...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Triumph TT 600

Well I'll jump into the fire.
    ford vs chevy
    dunlop vs michelin
    tits vs ass
    etc

It all come down to what you prefer. I owned a couple of Jap made sport bikes , now I own a triumph. will I ever buy a triumph again, I guess it all depends on what I am looking for at the time.
    Triumphs are not meant to be the fastest bike on the market. they are comfortable sportbikes that perform well on the street for a resonable price, they will never compete with the jap bikes on the track in my opinion, BUT for the money you can't beat them on the street. Besides where in the hell are you going to "out ride" a street bike in a street situation .
    As far as resale value goes, ALL of these plastic bikes we ride lose a lot of there value right out the door of the showroom. So ask yourself, are you looking for an affordable new toy that you will have fun riding, or are you looking for an investment with high resale value, in which case buy a harley.

I got a killer deal on the triumph I am riding, I have fun on it . the resale value might not be as high as some others but the money I saved up front will more than make up for it in the selling end of things.

I guess everyone has there own idea of the perfect situation thats why there are soooooo many choices when it comes to consumer products. Whats right for me is obviously different than whats rigth for you.
    Bottom line is this. buy a bike that fits what you are looking for, Plan a ride and we can all get out on the twisties together instead of arguing about it here on the web.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

RIP Adam, we will miss you. unionjackass's Avatar

Triumph TT 600

With regard to resale, I must agree that buying a TT600 is not a wise decision unless you plan to keep it. The dealership I traded mine off to has had it on their books since the middle of last year, and it's as nice an example as you will find.

So, they are not especially easy to sell, but the market's inability to appreciate the bike is not a reflection on the machine itself. I owned a TT600 for a year and it was a very fine middleweight all-rounder. Triumph's biggest mistakes were not getting the FI sorted on day one, and not giving the bike the aggressive appearance that the 600 market wants.

I'd have to say "outdated and outgunned" is off the mark - as an everyday streetbike they make more sense than the latest crop of R/RR models. But usefulness and street-worthiness isn't what buyers are getting turned on by in an increasingly fickle and fashion-led market.

If you are buying for the long term and you fancy the individuality, it's a superbly balanced and stable machine, and you can be very confident in the engineering and reliability. Fantastic stoppers on the thing too.

If it's for the track though, just buy a Big Three bike like everybody else does. Triumphs are too unusual which will make finding bits for them a pain when you bin it.

RSVMILLE661

Triumph TT 600

Ok try this one.. I know this may be an unpopular answer too.

The TT is an ok bike. Depending on the year you get will depend on if the damn thing works the way it should.

They had serious mapping issues for the first few years which made the bike "nervous" at best. The mapping issues could result in reliability issues due to fouling plugs and what not.

As for fun factor and comfort they are ok but you may just want to be careful with the year you buy and check to see what if any re-maps may have been done to the e-prom.

If your looking to jump into a no headache 600cc machine your best bet would be a honda. Actually any of the jap bikes will do just fine. But the Hondas tend to hold a bit more resale.

Triumph TT 600

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't meant to start an argument, but you've all definitely helped me out here!!!

I have to hope that my tax $$ comes in fairly soon, so until then I won't be buying anything for a little while.

Thanks all! Keep you posted on what I end up with. I sat on a few at MOM's South yesterday (yes I know they're a ripoff, at least in my opinion), so it's peaked my interest in some bikes vs. others.

Cam

Triumph TT 600

Cam,

Okay, here's my somewhat biased opinion, I'm a Triumph rider, I'll admit to that.

Resale value aside the TT is a great bike. Don't let the FI issue worry you, buy it and ride it up to Great Bay Motorcycles (Hampton, NH), have them load the correct tune for the bike and ride away with what is (according to the moto rags, not me) one of sweetest handling, most comfortable 600's on the market. Great Bay helped Triumph sort the FI issues and I'll never let anyone else touch my bike.

The only legitimate knock on the TT is that it's not a track machine but it wasn't really designed as such. It'll handle track days just fine and for day to day use and comfort it's got the big 4 covered. I test rode one 3 years ago and didn't notice anything odd about the FI and it was a blast to ride. The bike got the bad FI rap from the likes of Motorcylist and Cycle World and was never able to shake it, even though loading a revised map was usually all it took to sort the problem.

Let's face is, 99.9% of the time on the street it's the rider that makes the biggest difference in how quickly a bike can be ridden. So if you can get over the hurdle of not owning the latest and greatest and be happy with a bike that has more potential than 95% of the populous can use you're all set. Why go into a purchase worried about how much you can sell something for? If you like it, buy it and let the rest work itself out.

That's my 0.02.

Nate
    00SprintRS

Triumph TT 600

Reguarding MOM"S I went last year to look at a 2001 sprint rs they wanted $7900and it had 8000 miles on it
    I bought a 2002 left over brand new for less money because triumph was running a deal with $1000 cash back.
    When I told mom's that I could buy new for cheaper they said oh well thats the price we aren't coming down on it, if you don't buy it someone else will. I wished them the best of luck with that and bought a new bike.

This might say that the resale value is low but like I said before I made out in the deal up front so it becomes a wash in the end,. Besides I don't plan to get rid of it any time soon.

So Moms might be a good place to sit on a bunch of different bikes but they are very pricy

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Triumph TT 600

Yup I agree.... They are convenient now because they are in Foxboro and I'm in Norwood so it's on my way home from work...but other than that I'd never buy a bike from them!

Cam

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Triumph TT 600

Go to Cooks cycle up the street from MOM's in Foxboro and save ya self some $$ Across from the Red Wing on Rt. 1

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce