Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Truck bed size etc...

Truck bed size etc...

Dood you need to get a 1993 ford f-150 with a 8 foot bed, 150,000 and change. No ac, rust, sweet homemade bike rack..............and you are hooked up!!!!

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by lee955i
    I'm the Titan owner of which you look, Manny. What you wanna know that you can't get from TT? .
    My 06 CC seats 6 adults comfortably. The rear seat is the biggest in class except for the Dodge Crew-Maxx thingy. Get a bit over 18 hwy and will beat a Hemi Ram stock for stock. Plus I got it for 21K out the door . I test drove every 06 CC truck and this was the most fun to drive, amazing real world horsepower, and best price for the options I wanted. The 04 bugs have been all but eradicated and it's really a great truck.

Cheers, Lee S.
    Lee - can you get your 955 in the back OK? Have you tried?

TT is alright, but I don't know who the hell Im talking too. Id rather trust the guys on here for some unkonw reason.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Truck bed size etc...

Actually, I haven't tried as I just hook up the trailer . There were a few threads over there about this though and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I realistically wouldn't think it would be. The only issue is the rear of my 2wd is about the same height as my 03 Silverado 4wd Ext. cab was and is quite a bit higer than the GM 2wd's. The Dodge 2 WD's are higher, though, and the Fords about equal. Like I said, I drove every 06 2wd crew cab and the Nissan did it for me. The GM's were EXACTLY the same as the last 2 i've owned and were a known quantity with the same bugaboos (crappy front ends, terrible 4 speed tranny, etc). The Rams were too unweildy around town and the stock V8 was a slug over 60. Toyos were nice but not very roomy and dull as dishwater to drive. Very "antiseptic" feeling and a bit underpowered for towing. Fords, well, they were allright but not up to the performance/handling of the Titan. Plus, I don't find them very attractive.
    I even tried the Ridgeline but it was small and me and Honda interiors don't get along (my wife drives nothing but Accords and they're the same). I don't find them the least bit comfy. Plus, i'm neither a Yuppie or Gay so it was no on the Honda .
    After getting out of my Silverado, the titan felt like a really big sports car. Good power and good handling.
    The best advise I can give you is to do what I did. Take an afternoon and go drive some different trucks and see what YOU like. My truck stickered for almost 29 and I got it for considerably less but everyone will be dealing big time on leftovers right now.
    Cheers, Lee S.

I know i'm slow, you don't have to rub it in.
    Why, Yes! I do think you're a Wanker!

Littering and........

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by RandyO
    cause he's got an 8' bed and doesn't know it
    Yeah, thats it. You're such a genius, Randy. Go put a yellow tank on your black bike because you're a cheap fuck, and leave the measurements to the people making payments on the truck.

I assume it has something to do with the fact that I compress the forks a whole bunch. My truck is a "short bed", so I think its a bit more than 6 feet exactly.

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by lee955i
    Actually, I haven't tried as I just hook up the trailer . There were a few threads over there about this though and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I realistically wouldn't think it would be. The only issue is the rear of my 2wd is about the same height as my 03 Silverado 4wd Ext. cab was and is quite a bit higer than the GM 2wd's. The Dodge 2 WD's are higher, though, and the Fords about equal. Like I said, I drove every 06 2wd crew cab and the Nissan did it for me. The GM's were EXACTLY the same as the last 2 i've owned and were a known quantity with the same bugaboos (crappy front ends, terrible 4 speed tranny, etc). The Rams were too unweildy around town and the stock V8 was a slug over 60. Toyos were nice but not very roomy and dull as dishwater to drive. Very "antiseptic" feeling and a bit underpowered for towing. Fords, well, they were allright but not up to the performance/handling of the Titan. Plus, I don't find them very attractive.
    I even tried the Ridgeline but it was small and me and Honda interiors don't get along (my wife drives nothing but Accords and they're the same). I don't find them the least bit comfy. Plus, i'm neither a Yuppie or Gay so it was no on the Honda .
    After getting out of my Silverado, the titan felt like a really big sports car. Good power and good handling.
    The best advise I can give you is to do what I did. Take an afternoon and go drive some different trucks and see what YOU like. My truck stickered for almost 29 and I got it for considerably less but everyone will be dealing big time on leftovers right now.
    Cheers, Lee S.
    I feel the same way. Ive driven the ram, tacoma (too small, but figured Id try) frontier (same situation) and a couple of others. I own a pathfinder now and I like it very much. Either way Ill wait for the new tundra to come out and try it first.

I've driven the Titan three times over the last year and I like it more and more each time. The thing is that I am not planing on a trailer and do plan to put the bikes in on a somewhat regular basis in the summer/fall so I want to be sure that its a good fit.

I measured a couple of times and I think Ill just make it will the 88 inch motard, but was waiting for someone else to try and tell me.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by highsider
    Yeah, thats it. You're such a genius, Randy. Go put a yellow tank on your black bike because you're a cheap fuck, and leave the measurements to the people making payments on the truck.

I assume it has something to do with the fact that I compress the forks a whole bunch. My truck is a "short bed", so I think its a bit more than 6 feet exactly.
    You compress an 88 inch bike into 72 inches with a foot to spare?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Littering and........

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by Manny
    You compress an 88 inch bike into 72 inches with a foot to spare?
    Maybe you measured wrong.

If anyone actually cares, I'll go out an measure with a tape measure, and take some pics. Also, I could have been exaggerating the "foot of room to spare".

Truck bed size etc...

If anyone actually cares, I'll go out an measure with a tape measure, and take some pics. Also, I could have been exaggerating the "foot of room to spare".
    Measured what wrong? The published length of the SM or the multiplication of 12x6?

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Truck bed size etc...

Maybe you are just a moron???

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Littering and........

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    Maybe you are just a moron???

KB
    Which do you think is more likely?

Truck bed size etc...

I'll go with MORON!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Littering and........

Truck bed size etc...

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    I'll go with MORON!

KB
    But you told me size doesn't matter.

Truck bed size etc...

I have nothing you win.

TRUMPED

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Truck bed size etc...

I have a honda ridgeline and I highly reccomend it to anyone lookin for a nice truck. Its not a heavy heavy duty truck but drives nice and can fit bikes no prob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12