Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

TTD / Lean Angle Track Days

(posting in GENERAL, I'll leave it to the mods to decide if appropriate)

------------
    I would like to extend an internet handshake and say "welcome" to the guys from Lean Angle.

Congratulations on what sounds like a successful first day and I wish you the best for the future.

Given some of the recent posts and happenings, the above statement may seem like an odd thing for me to say, so I'll explain a little more.

First off, this is Jay and Company's place, and TonysTrackDays.com is an invited guest and for that I am truly grateful.

When the decision was made to invite another trackday organization into the mix, I was certainly caught off guard and my initial reaction was to feel threatened. I realize now that I reacted in a manner that is out of character for me, and I've been "stressing" about it since. Well, that stops now and that is the reason for this post.

I'm 41 years old and have learned that a simple life suits me best. I've been with my wife for 15 years now and can count the number of arguments we've had on one hand. I have best friends that go back 20+ years and I can't remember one single time of conflict. Basically, I do everything possible to avoid stress and drama in both my personal and professional life.

If something is causing drama or stress, I try to fix it, or I extricate myself from the situation.

To that end, I want to bury any bad blood (is that mixing two euphemisms or whatever they're called?) and move ahead.

TonysTrackDays.com is my business and I'm certainly in it to make a living. However, it started because I wanted to show riders the thrill and benefit of riding on a closed course, and that continues to be my primary goal. I like to think our success was simply a by-product of doing the right thing and treating customers the way we want to be treated.

My hope moving forward is that this forum does not become a "TTD vs LEAN ANGLE" type of environment, which I believe is counterproductive to our companies and a giant disservice to the board members.

I would like our mutual goal to be getting new riders to try a track day. I truly believe that riding on a closed course, with the proper direction and control, can absolutely save the lives of motorcycle riders by improving their skill level.

So please, let's focus on why people should try the track (Loudon, Pocono, whatever!)... and let's not waste any more time and energy on the very small differences in which trackday people attend.

In the end, it would be great if the forum members had two great choices, and could decide simply based on what date fits their schedule best.

Thoughts and comments are appreciated by all, so feel free to speak your minds. (I know, you were going to anyway!)

Thank you for listening.

Tony

NOTE: I'm busy preparing for the track, and then will be gone for a few days (in case I don't check back in).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

wow sounds good to me - so i should stop crossing my fingers for the price war to begin?!!?

Nice posting

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Banned

Having instructed for Tony for a few years and run my own trackdays at Loudon and VIR in the past, I know what goes into running a good event. I am going to a laps day in August as a participant and I'll offer my critique both good and bad (if any) and hopefully my comments will be taken at face value.

Undercutting and loss-leading is never a good thing. It dilutes quality in the product. People will pay a fair amount for a well-run event. Let's keep the inter-organization dialect there and co-existance in harmony will prevail.

derek

After my last trackday I talked about this exact situation with PK on the way home. I havent done a LAPs day only because time and money hasnt allowed. Unfortunately I dont think Ill be doing anymore trackdays this season I did have the opportunity to meet Mike at bike night a few weeks back. I think he was a bit excited to see my bike since he has the same thing. If time allowed I would definitely do one of their days.

Ive done two days with Tony and both have been awesome. I dont really think you have anything to worry about with the way you run your program. Its well organized and very rider friendly. Its well worth every penny.

I think most people that are thinking about doing trackdays are much like me. A few bucks here and there isnt going to make the decision. For me it was what fit best into my schedule and what fit best into Petes schedule since he gets the privilege of taking my bike up for me

I think there is plenty of room for both groups. If I had the time Id do every day. Hopefully next year Ill be able to get them all in

James

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Let's keep the inter-organization dialect there and co-existance in harmony will prevail.
    derek

Jeesh... the guy has ONE baby and starts talking over my head!

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I hadn't realized that it was coming to this. When I finally decide to get my ass to the track, it won't be because I like TTD or LA, it'll be because of which day fits into my schedule.

I hope that the two groups can work things out, because it oinly make it better for everyone in the long run.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Lifer

this is why I enjoy this site so much, the ability everyone has to get back to what we are here for....our motorcycles and riding

'22 Aprilia rs660
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

Man,
    So is this like a big group hug?

Nice...

2008 Honda CBR 600RR

I'm indifferent, just get me to the track, but - the first to introduce umbrella girls will have my undivided attention.