Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Uh Oh..

Lifer

Unhappy Uh Oh..

Argh...

My bike needs to be inspected by the end of July...

I don't think it's going to pass, the rear brake pad is so worn that it started squealing last night.

I was going to go get it inspected tomorrow morning, now I think I need to get the brakes done first.

I tried to call the guy from AZMC tires because he had told me I would need it soon and had gotten the parts, but if I can't get him to do it fairly quickly, would anyone be willing to help me do it this weekend if I go buy the parts myself?

I definitely need work stands and a few other tools right? Do I need a kit to bleed the brakes? (Fluid is toast too... it's brown)

This of course pisses me off, I had asked them to change the pads and fluid at the 7500 mile service less than a month ago and they didn't do it and when I went to pick the bike up they told me it didn't need it.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Uh Oh..

No need for stands then?

What about the fluid?

Ben

Uh Oh..

I don't know that they would fail you because of the color of the brake fluid.... so as far as getting it inspected goes I wouldn't worry about it...

when you go to change the fluid you don't NEED any special bleeding tools.... although they help to not make a mess.... I did all the lines and a new master cylinder on my F2... and just put a pan under the tire with some rags around... (the bike was on a lift...)

anyway... point being... swap the pads out... 10 mintue job... and you should be good to go with the inspection...

Mike

Lifer

Uh Oh..

Ah, OK then.

I'll try to find some pads today and do it tonight.

Ben

fluids easy open up the bleeder & keep bleeding till clean

Originally posted by JC

you can do it on the side stand. dont' worry about the fluid for inspection. I personally never use my back brake so I've never changed my rear fluid and I passed MA inspection just fine.
    your not suposed 2 mix fluids but i've done no trouble not telling you 2

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Uh Oh..

My advice would be to go to a shadier moto inspection place. The first place I went (Riverside in Somerville) just gave it a quick once over and then failed me because my back tire was bald. He said it would have passed otherwise.

I went to some other place and they just checked blinkers and lights.

Parkway cycle brought it out back and did god-knows-what, but I don't think they checked the brake pads.

Lifer

Uh Oh..

Well I just went and got the pads during my lunch break so I'll install them tonight and then it won't be an issue.

Regardless of whether I could have passed without them, they were squealing and worn out so I wasn't even that comfortable riding around last night.

Ben