Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unionjackass

Unhappy Unionjackass

I didn't want to bastardize the other thread about Adam, so I figured this would be the best place for this.

Does anyone have any high-res photos of Adam that they could post up?

I think it might be somewhat therapeutic to post some pictures and tell some stories about Adam to remember him by. Also, if anyone has any info on what happened, please post it.

I am deeply saddened over the loss of a great friend. We'll miss you mate

RIP Adam

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ducrappy; 08-09-05 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Unionjackass

Tim Moore and I rode through the winter with Adam, and talked via e-mail every day. I just got back from vacation and found out about this tragedy today.

Tim keeps a site of rides, and this link is a ride he did with Adam (I missed it unfortunately):

http://www.hoghillstuff.com/bikes/ri..._05/Trip1.html

Adam was a good friend of mine and a true gentleman, and the world is a lesser place without him.

"So utterly at variance is Destiny with all the little plans of men."

2005 BMW F650 Dakar
    2004 BMW K1200GT

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Unionjackass

A few pics from the other thread. Least I can say is that he went out doing something he loved (hope that dosn't come off as being disrespectful).

-chr|s

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Unhappy i met him @ the bean this year

so sorry

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Unionjackass

Tim, this is a good idea

While I don't have any good pictures to post up, I have a good memory of one of the rides we were on. It was the day of the big "easy paced" ride posted on this site in the beginning of the summer. At the end of the day we split into smaller groups for the ride home. I forgot exactly who was there, I think it was Mike R, Kham, R-S-V, Adam and myself? We had just got to the end of 8A and stopped for a quick rest, Adam was in the back and Kham and I stopped to wait for him for a couple minutes before we stopped. He waved us to go as he got near.
    When we were all stopped, the moment was priceless. Adam got off his bike, took his helmet off, lit up a cigarett and said "I put the fucker on the ground back there" Those who knew him, know his accent and can imagine the tone he said it in. I didn't know what to say at the time, but I will never forget that moment

RIP Adam

Yamaha

Unionjackass

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Unionjackass

Originally posted by R7
    Tim, this is a good idea

While I don't have any good pictures to post up, I have a good memory of one of the rides we were on. It was the day of the big "easy paced" ride posted on this site in the beginning of the summer. At the end of the day we split into smaller groups for the ride home. I forgot exactly who was there, I think it was Mike R, Kham, R-S-V, Adam and myself? We had just got to the end of 8A and stopped for a quick rest, Adam was in the back and Kham and I stopped to wait for him for a couple minutes before we stopped. He waved us to go as he got near.
    When we were all stopped, the moment was priceless. Adam got off his bike, took his helmet off, lit up a cigarett and said "I put the fucker on the ground back there" Those who knew him, know his accent and can imagine the tone he said it in. I didn't know what to say at the time, but I will never forget that moment

RIP Adam
    That easy paced ride was a blast and I'm glad I went on it. To this day I can't understand how Adam could eat a bowl of really hot chili and wash it down with a cup of coffee for lunch when it was something like 80 degrees outside and he was wearing full leathers.

I feel privileged to have met and ridden with him

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Unionjackass

I have one at my house that he took of himself on this years camp meade ride. It just about sums him up - a great self protrait

I will post it up tomorrow unless someone else has that same photo and wants to do it before tomorrow.

He is certainly one of the funniest bastards I've EVER met.

Bras cause cancer.

Unionjackass

Originally posted by R7
    Those who knew him, know his accent and can imagine the tone he said it in.
    hah. i can so see him saying that. first time I met him people were introducing themselves by nesr screen names. Adam just makes a face and says "oh...me, I'm the Jackass". Like Mark said, it was priceless. I knew right then I liked him.

-sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Unionjackass

remember his shirt from the same ride?

white shirt with nothing but 4 words on the left front chest
    "Small Dick. Big Bike."

I laughed my ass off when I saw it. Never saw him without a smile on his face.

What a sad day for all.

Bras cause cancer.

I Dance With Will

Unionjackass

i still dont believe. i dont know if this appropriate but i've heard of some bike acident over the weekend and like to know more info if anyone has it?

"fuckit!"

Sorry to hear about this.

I viewed the album so I could better understand.

I think its respectful you're changing your avitars in his honor......

Do you think the admins could post their picture avitars on the NESR homepage in Adams', Joes' and our other fallen friends?

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Re: Sorry to hear about this.

Originally posted by Suf Daddy
    Do you think the admins could post their picture avitars on the NESR homepage in Adams', Joes' and our other fallen friends?

-Suf Daddy
    i think it's a great idea.

-chr|s

LISTEN TO SLAYER

Unionjackass

Here are 2 pics Adam sent me after a visit to the Triumph dealer to check out the 2005 models (second pic in second post). The first shows his comical nature (Sprint) and the second his genuine interest in learning about motorcycles (S3). God, I miss him so much already

2005 BMW F650 Dakar
    2004 BMW K1200GT

You ***WILL*** be missed Adam!!!

Sat here at my keyboard for a long time, thinking of what to say . Going to try typing between my mind wandering of thoughts of my friend Adam ....

I have known Adam for a while now, we worked together at Lucent, hit the gym together, he always believed in knocking off a couple of cancer sticks before, and so did I, but this season was when I got my bike, and had the opportunity to ride with him. We did a short ride to Wachusset, was a hell of a ride!!!

I was wondering why he didnt return my e-mails monday and tuesday, when a common friend of ours called me and informed me about what had happened !!! It never occurred to me that something so drastic could have happened to him, I simply thought he was tied up with work!!!

He was the first person I have ever ridden with in this country, and he struck me as a kind, gentle, caring, helpful, gregarious, ... adjectives fail me ... with a touch of the most humourous sarcasm I have ever seen in a guy. To cut a long story short, those 6 hours that we rode was a hell of a ride!!!

I am shocked at this unfortunate turn of events, and at the same time extremely saddened that I will never have the opportunity to shake hands, share a joke or ride with my friend Adam ever again !!!

My deepest condolences to his near and dear ones, and here's me wishing you all the best for your "LONG RIDE HOME". So till we meet again my friend, I will remember the times we shared to gether and miss you deeply!!!

Your friend,

Manish.

P.S. I hope there will be posts regarding last rites for Adam? Will keep checking back.

Unionjackass

Originally posted by Jarhed
    Here are 2 pics Adam sent me after a visit to the Triumph dealer to check out the 2005 models (second pic in second post). The first shows his comical nature (Sprint) and the second his genuine interest in learning about motorcycles (S3). God, I miss him so much already
    Here is second pic - sorrry!

2005 BMW F650 Dakar
    2004 BMW K1200GT

Unionjackass

These are from a trip to Camp Meade last year with NTSR. (Triumph Group)

I'll look for more later.

Last edited by Half Squid; 08-13-05 at 08:16 PM.
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Unionjackass

Here is a pic of Adam that shows his lifelong passion for bikes. I still can't grasp the fact that I won't see him at Moto Market tomorrow night...

2005 BMW F650 Dakar
    2004 BMW K1200GT

Unionjackass

that's a great photo.

Lifer

Unionjackass

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Half Squid
    [B]These are from a trip to Camp Meade last year with NTSR. (Triumph Group)

A few minutes after this picture was taken Adam climbed on my CBR and joked about how it felt like it was designed for a cMan God little guy... He looked over at me with that sh*t eating grin... "Gotcha..." He will be missed.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Another pic

Tim just sent me this pic of Adam with Pistol Pete and Andrew at MM. I guess it is older as the Daytona doesn't have the Union Jack hugger?

2005 BMW F650 Dakar
    2004 BMW K1200GT

In memory of my friend Adam ...

I was reading something that Adam had written up a few months ago after riding his friend's zx-10r.

I do not have any photos of Adam to post, but his writings called attention to his deep-rooted love for the sport of motorcycling, his indepth knowledge in the subject, and of course the sharp, humourous guy that he was!!

Being a newbie, I am not sure whether posting something he'd written would be appropriate for this forum, But it was a good read, and Im sure Adam would want to share his experience with fellow motorcyclists!!

I can either personal post it to someone who would like to read it first and deem it appropriate, or if general consensus prevails, I could post it myself!!

In either case, please let me know, it is a word document, that I converted to a text file, since documents cannot be posted.

Wayne, I was there last thursday. In fact it was Adam, who'd introduced you to me, and we continued talking about houses and the fact that he wanted to move from Wayland. Was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the news, about how delicate life is and that we must live it to the fullest, as Adam did!! My heart goes out to his near and dear ones, who will dearly miss him, as will I, fully knowing that I will never see my friend at MM ever again for as long as I live !!!

What a guy !!

-Manish.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Unionjackass

I think it's completely appropriate but in case anyone has a problem with it I posted it since I don't really care if I offend. I think we could all use a chuckle right now and who better to provide it.

Here is the EXCELLENT text Adam wrote:

I AM THE LITTLE GREEN MONSTER HEAR ME ROAR

One sunny day in early June of 2005, I rode my Triumph Daytona to work and back and generally enjoyed it, although as usual I felt like it was a fish out of water and a general waste of performance in commuter traffic. I had been wondering whether my Tiger's ideal-for-the-street suspension was spoiling me, or whether the Daytona's ride characteristics had indeed actually got a lot worse since I'd owned it. So when I got home, for the purposes of comparison alone, I decided to ride my friend Peter’s Kawasaki ZX-10R. He had been offering for a while and, since he keeps his bike in an apartment complex car park, the weekend before had deposited the bike in my garage in order to facilitate a worry-free week in the Isle of Man.
    As a brief backgrounder, this was the same bike that spent 4 months or so in the corner of my garage during Wintertime looking pissed off and threatening my wife's Subaru with buggery.
    Now, I consider myself an averagely competent street rider, and recognize that I have probably much better judgement and self-discipline than I have skill. I am fairly comfortable with things that way around, and I expect it's why I am still alive. But I am as fond of completely overspecified literbikes as the next man, and having read many articles praising the ZX-10R as The New Boss, wheeled this incredibly small and amazingly light tool out onto my driveway with a mixture of trepidation and excitement.
    Over the next couple of hours, I found it was a motorcycle that spoke to me clearly. And this is what it had to say:
    - I am actually much greener in color than you have noticed previously, and will be stared at by people as if I were an alien spacecraft abducting their children.
    - Although my bars are well-situated and my tank is a joy to grip between your legs, my footpegs are so very fucking high that you will wonder if they're even there. However once you find them you won't notice it much, for reasons I will come to shortly.
    - I know you have ridden a number of so-called performance motorcycles before, but they have the focus of a Chinese-made $2 disposable camera compared with me. Believe me when I tell you that — thanks to the hard work of a very large number of tiny Japanese engineers — I go, stop, and turn much faster than you or anyone you have ever spent much time with is capable of addressing effectively. I make the Ducati 999 you rode last year feel like a Volvo. Like the public roads you force me onto, you are so fucking unworthy - the only difference is you know it, because you've had your license for more than 18 months unlike the twats in t-shirts that it is my mission to maim or kill.
    - You had better not make any throttle mistakes or grab too much brake at the wrong time or I will spit you into the gutter in a highside you won't fucking believe.
    - You should know that if we encounter any 19 year-old squids, they will decide they need to ride in formation with us, or have a race. You will probably decline to participate in either because you're such a fucking pussy and you don't want anyone to die in the busy part of Route 9. You suck!
    - You can short-shift through to second and third if you like you fucker, but you are only delaying your inevitable doom. You know I can make triple digits without changing out of first; your meagre attempts to keep the front wheel on the ground will fail.
    - Even though I am so very fast, it is not my job to make speeds feel slower than they are. Particularly with this Devil exhaust - I am so fucking loud that last week Motorhead moved in next door and called the police to deal with me. Fucking deaf people will jump into hedges when I pass. When you're doing 35 through a town center in third, I will make it sound like MotoGP and you will think you are doing 70.
    Honestly I did really enjoy the ride as limited as it was, but I was quite stunned by how focussed the 10R is. You can read the magazine articles all you like and it doesn't convey the message properly. Ride one if you get the chance because it's a loony little bitch.

Unionjackass

I remember talking to Adam outside the diner that we stopped at during our large "easy-paced ride" and we were comparing chicken strips. He looked at me and said, "for some people they are called 'sensible-person strips'." We both had the chili, that day, and Adam was quick to warn others not to follow too close behind either of us. Good stuff!!!!

I hope he is enjoying the "Endless Ride" on the bike of his dreams!

LRRS#167

Unionjackass

Fucking deaf people will jump into hedges when I pass.

I must admit I laughed at that one. I haven't posted in any of these recent tragic threads because I'd never met anyone and I'm still new here. But this guy sounded like a riot, and I'm sad I'll never get the chance to meet him. RIP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast