Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

A whole pile of upgrades...

A whole pile of upgrades...

So my winter projects never got started and my R6 has been sitting in the garage all in one piece, not what I had planned. I have a pile of stuff (listed below) to install before the nice weather gets here... Hopefully I will be done and ready before its time to hit the road again!

So my pile includes:
    • Frame Sliders
    • VFX Fender Eliminator Kit
    • Proton Flush Mounts
    • Driven D3 Grips
    • Pazzo Shorty Levers
    • Graves Blockoff Plats
    • Full Leo Vince SBK Exhaust
    • Third Eye Mod
    • New Headlight Assembly (With HID's already retro-fitted)
    • New GYTR Gel Seat
    • Bazazz Z-FI
    • Bazazz ZAFM
    • Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm

I think I have just been putting it off because I am not looking forward to the electrical work. Also I still need to send in my passenger pegs to get fitted with turn signals so that I am legal.

I should probably pick up a service manual so I know where all the fairing fasteners and torque specs are too huh? It always seems to be something that you want to change on a bike! At least I have almost everything that I need to get it to where I want it.

I will be sure to have before and after shots of it also.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: A whole pile of upgrades...

same here bro my bike is scattered across my garage~

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Yeap, I've wasted about three weeks waiting for little parts for my wife's bike. Once that's put together and running happily I can move it into the back of the garage and start working on one of the other two bikes I have to deal with.

I'll probably be working on the bandit next to get it track ready-ish. something I have on there no one wants on the track (like the chain oiler )

i'm still deciding over which exhaust to put on my r6, I also have a radiator to install, and an Elka rear shock to install.... Planning on getting it all done next week.

Current:
    00 Aprilia RSV-R

Past:
    06 R6
    05 R6
    97 Honda F3

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

Nice list of mods! I wouldn't be able to wait. I was out there in my POS shed with no insulation doing stuff to the bike (full exhaust system). Yeah I froze but I couldn't wait to see/hear it. I still have to put all the plastics back on but I don't want them to get dusty so I'm gonna wait till the first ride to do that.

Post some pics when you get it all done!

Panigale 1199S

Well a little bit of an update...

First off the Gel Seat is for sale since its an inch higher than the stock one and I don't like the difficulty of flat footing with it. So its back to stock so I can comfortably flat foot the bike while standing still.

The alarm, passenger pegs with turn signals and the grips still need to be installed but that's all easy stuff. Just waiting on the pegs to get here. Oh and removing the reflectors when I do that too.

The frame sliders I am debating on putting the ones on that I have or getting R&G ones that just look a bit better, so those arent on yet.

Oh and I didn't mount the two switches I have for the Halo's and Low beams yet. That will be done this weekend so the random red wires and switches floating by the handlebars are just zip tied there there for now.

Everything else is installed, so here are a few pics. They were all taken quickly in bad lighting though so not all shots came out good. I will take more when I have time and weather is nice.

Oh and figured while the windscreen was off, might as well throw on a Puig Double Bubble...

So what you think?

Oh, and a couple of me and my friend in the tear down process... (Me = Brown shirt, Friend = Gray shirt)

Now if only I could figure out where the spare bolts and clips go... lol.

wow lights look awesome, details of the install?

2006 Red Triumph Daytona 675

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldan View Post
    wow lights look awesome, details of the install?
    Well what exactly are you lookg for on details? They are a preojector retro-fit using FX35 projectors in the OEM housing. Reflector panels removed and mounting plate installed so stock light adjustment screws still work. They are 6000K HID's with two rings of Angel Eye Halo's around them. Wired to two switches so that the low beams, and the Halo's can be turned on/off as I wish.

I sent them to a guy I know to do the retrofit for me since I have been way to busy with work lately so he did them fast and got them back to me, did a very good job. When I got them back all I needed to do was tap a power wire for the halo's and run a power/ground to the battery and install the two switches I had him wire in.

Last edited by be4tnut; 04-08-09 at 04:43 PM.

yep, looks awesome -- how the stock R6 should look. i never understood why they went to projectors and then went back to conventional lenses...

throw on some reflective rim stripes

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

Quote Originally Posted by be4tnut View Post
    Well what exactly are you lookg for on details? They are a preojector retro-fit using FX35 projectors in the OEM housing. Reflector panels removed and mounting plate installed so stock light adjustment screws still work. They are 6000K HID's with two rings of Angel Eye Halo's around them. Wired to two switches so that the low beams, and the Halo's can be turned on/off as I wish.

I sent them to a guy I know to do the retrofit for me since I have been way to busy with work lately so he did them fast and got them back to me, did a very good job. When I got them back all I needed to do was tap a power wire for the halo's and run a power/ground to the battery and install the two switches I had him wire in.
    How much did the retrofit costs? I wouldn't mind putting in some projectors in my R6 and adding HIDs. The cost is what is holding me back, so let me know what you believe the costs of everything came out to be. Looks great though, love the Leo Vince muffler!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
    How much did the retrofit costs? I wouldn't mind putting in some projectors in my R6 and adding HIDs. The cost is what is holding me back, so let me know what you believe the costs of everything came out to be. Looks great though, love the Leo Vince muffler!
    The same guy that did mine can retrofit them for you if you want. Will run you $550 once you send him your headlight. That includes return shipping. The parts cost like $350 or so and then about $200 for his labor... he is fast too, and that includes return shipping. If you leave out the Halo's it gets cheaper too.

Looks good......i like the Leo pipe

btw - when you take pics and post them on a public forum you should make sure you
    don't leave your bag of weed on the garage floor

Quote Originally Posted by be4tnut View Post
    The same guy that did mine can retrofit them for you if you want. Will run you $550 once you send him your headlight. That includes return shipping. The parts cost like $350 or so and then about $200 for his labor... he is fast too, and that includes return shipping. If you leave out the Halo's it gets cheaper too.
    Yeah, I do not want the halos, so what did he quote you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by KillBill View Post
    Looks good......i like the Leo pipe

btw - when you take pics and post them on a public forum you should make sure you
    don't leave your bag of weed on the garage floor

LOL, used sandwich bags to keep the hardware separated so I knew what clips and screws when on what part of the bike haha.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
    Yeah, I do not want the halos, so what did he quote you for that?
    Ill get his contact information for you and send it your way. There are various things he can do to drops the price a bit.

Bike looks slick. Actually from the front end it looks really pissed off / mean

I'm curious about the Bazzaz unit. I see you got the AFM addon to, my only complaint about that is it monitors the air / fuel ratio but doesn't automatically change the map on the fly. You have to plug it into the laptop and accept or deny its recommended changes (if I understood what I've ready about it) If it automatically analyzed exhaust gasses and kept modifying the map to achieve the user defined air to fuel ratio...I'd be sold.

There is another AFR tuner on the market that does this, but it's not plug-n-play. And unfortunately it doesn't have the addons like the quick shifter, traction control. Not that you need them, but it is cool that more toys are available for the Bazzaz.

I see you have the Leo on, did you install the Bazzaz yet? I don't think the wideband lambda sensor will fit the bung on the Leo, if it has one. That should be a simple grind / weld job though.

Kinda late now, but you should have weighed the stock exhaust and then the Leo, see what kind of poundage you shed. On a 07+ gixxer 1k...18 pounds between the medieval OEM nightmare and a Ti M4 slipon with a carbon can.

I want to get HIDs someday. The 6000k's look nice.......nice job on your ride, now get out there and ride it

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    Bike looks slick. Actually from the front end it looks really pissed off / mean

I'm curious about the Bazzaz unit. I see you got the AFM addon to, my only complaint about that is it monitors the air / fuel ratio but doesn't automatically change the map on the fly. You have to plug it into the laptop and accept or deny its recommended changes (if I understood what I've ready about it) If it automatically analyzed exhaust gasses and kept modifying the map to achieve the user defined air to fuel ratio...I'd be sold.

There is another AFR tuner on the market that does this, but it's not plug-n-play. And unfortunately it doesn't have the addons like the quick shifter, traction control. Not that you need them, but it is cool that more toys are available for the Bazzaz.

I see you have the Leo on, did you install the Bazzaz yet? I don't think the wideband lambda sensor will fit the bung on the Leo, if it has one. That should be a simple grind / weld job though.

Kinda late now, but you should have weighed the stock exhaust and then the Leo, see what kind of poundage you shed. On a 07+ gixxer 1k...18 pounds between the medieval OEM nightmare and a Ti M4 slipon with a carbon can.

I want to get HIDs someday. The 6000k's look nice.......nice job on your ride, now get out there and ride it
    Heya thanks for the compliments. It does look like a pissed off insect, I agree haha!

Anyways, I did my research before going with the Bazazz and you are correct, you have to load the map on a computer and make the changes yourself, however if does make suggestions based on your tartet A/F ratio you are looking for and a "Apply All" for the suggestions, so it will build the map you just have to give it the ok and fine tune the lower end a bit.

The new PCV (Power Commander 5) that was just released does have an addon that tunes your bike on the fly. Its new so there isnt a whole lot of reviews on it just yet but Dynojet does make some good stuff. The reason I didnt want to go that route is the fact that I dont know how it would react if all of the sudden during a ride a sensor that it reads from failed... what would it do to the A/F map? And would the results of how it reacts eff up my bike?

The new PCV is only supported by '09 and up but people are putting them on the older bikes as long as no major changes were made in production between the years.

The ZAFM O2 sensor actually did fit the bung on my Leo fine, I double checked that before the install in case I needed to get a new bung installed on it. I know what you mean though, they don't always fit.

I dont have exact numbers but I have been told that most any aftermarket full exhaust system sheds about 40 pounds off the bike. And after picking up the headers and cat that came stock on it, I believe it!

I love how the HID's came out. And they were done right with a cutoff plate so there is a defined cutoff point for the lights so I wont blind other people on the road.

I looked for the newest PC a few weeks ago as I knew they were finally getting on the band wagon. Wasn't out yet, I'll have to go check it out.

The thing with these boxes, at least the ones that are plug-n-play...if anything craps out you can pop the seat, etc, and swap the harnesses back to the ECU only.

Cool the sensor fit. I know with the other AFR tuner I was looking at, he recommends a Bosch sensor and it's larger than the OEM sensor.

Thanks for the info

The vendors over on the R6 forum have been taking orders for the PCV since January, just the addons were taking a little longer than the actual PCV itself. People over on the R6 forum already have them installed and running them.

Reverting this back to stock isnt as easy as just unplugging the box though . The harness' with these piggyback onto everything. If the Bazzaz unit doesnt get power then the bike will not start. The install takes quite a bit of time but it pretty straight forward. The stock ECU was never touched and is still intact.

The O2 sensors and bungs are basically a 50/50 shot since they make two different sizes.