Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Vermont: motorbike rear-ended; rider dead

Unhappy Vermont: motorbike rear-ended; rider dead

PLAINFIELD — Vermont State Police are investigating a car-motorcycle crash that killed one of two people on the motorbike.

Police say the accident occurred shortly before 6 p.m. Monday, when a car driven by 20-year-old Kristen Fenoff of St. Johnsbury struck the back end of a motorcycle that had stopped to turn left into a rest area on U.S. Route 2.

Both of the people on the bike, Peter and Deborah Benoit of Northfield, were thrown from the Harley Davidson motorcycle. Police say 51-year-old Peter Benoit later died of his injuries at Central Vermont Hospital, while Deborah Benoit suffered minor injuries.

Fenoff’s car was damaged, but neither she nor her passengers were hurt.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dean

Re: Vermont: motorbike rear-ended; rider dead

Chances are the following played a role with the people in the car: cell phone, texting, talking to each other. Unbelievable neither the driver nor the passenger saw the motorcycle?? Both of them should be arrested.

Dean

One thing is certain, she was paying attention to something other than the task on hand. Was it really that important that it cost a life?

Her life just went to hell...20 years old and rackin up the vehicular manslaughter charge

wow! WTF is wrong with people? So sad...

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Terrible that's one thing I'm worried about at red lights is being rearended by someone not paying attention.

Mike (Stan) Facebook username = MJStanley508
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Yoshi R-55 Slip-on, PUIG rear hugger, PUIG windscreen, Pazzo levers, 6k HID kit

My friends a squid stealth600rr's Avatar

OMG! this is unbelievable! My prayers go out to the family and to the wife.. Stupid fricken teens never consider the consequences until something bad happens

R.I.P MIKE CLAUDINO - Only the good die Young!
    R.I.P LUKE HAUS! - Gone but never FORGOTTEN!

2004 cbr600rr - 03/09 - 06/09

2006 ninja 636 limited edition - 06/09 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    Chances are the following played a role with the people in the car: cell phone, texting, talking to each other. Unbelievable neither the driver nor the passenger saw the motorcycle?? Both of them should be arrested.

passenger should be arrested..... your a moron
    what obligation does a passenger have to pay attention to the road, what control does a passenger have oher than to yell at the driver "Hey, theres a motorcycle stopped in the road" and hope the driver still has time to brake or swerve

its an unfortunate accident imho

a motorcycle stopped on the open road to make a left turn, sometimes easily hidden from view by the cages windshield pillar

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Terrible that's one thing I'm worried about at red lights is being rearended by someone not paying attention.
    stopped at a redlight is nowhere near as dangerous as stopping on the open road

being invisible, even to people paying close attention is one of the risks you take on when you throw your leg over the saddle

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I like my cool old bike. Ericthejet's Avatar

Sad news.
    Open road and I wish to turn left that requires the car behind to take note?
    I try my best to watch them and try to time a break in the oncoming traffic so that my pace stays higher as I get ready to turn left.

I have been struck off my bike from a rear collision. Never good.

Stuck in traffic last night on storrow the same bitch stopped less than a foot from my back tire EVERY GOD DAMN traffic stopped. Apparently my glares and what the fuck arm motions meant nothing, and of course when I switch lanes to get away from her, she switches right behind me. Stories like this, and Gregs, are the exact reason I was about 2 minutes away from parking the bike and having a talk with her, people just dont get it.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    Did you read this somewhere?

If not, then let me add some 'chances are' comments:

Chances are, the sun was in the drivers eyes.
    Chances are the motorcyclist never signaled and stopped short and unexpectedly.
    Chances are there was a semi right on the tail of the car and the driver was afraid that she was about to be rear ended by the truck.
    Chances are, the motorcyclist was in the right lane and swerved suddenly in front of the car.

wtf...

Isn't what we know awful enough? Do we have to pile on without having the facts...

I hope the wife is able to find some comfort in whatever faith she holds dear. And the accident is investigated and appropriate punishment meted out as determined by the facts.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post

I have been rear ended twice in my life while waiting at a light on my bicycle. How's that for karma. Both times older ladies.

I saw the title and said ,"WTF"...Sucks...for everyone, I have lots of friends in St. Jay. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Benoit family, and for the young driver of the car.

RIP

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Don't take your eyes off your mirrors at a red light, and don't sit there in neutral. If you need to move, you'll need to do it quick. Don't be caught tryin to get it in gear. Take it from someone that commutes in heavy traffic almost daily. You need to know what the people around you are focused on. Be able to prdict what they are going to do by paying attention to what they are paying attention to.

Only leave for tomorrow that which you are willing to die having left undone... ~chinese fortune cookie~

2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE Silver
    2005 Suzuki SV1000S Red

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Did you read this somewhere?

If not, then let me add some 'chances are' comments:

Chances are, the sun was in the drivers eyes.
    Chances are the motorcyclist never signaled and stopped short and unexpectedly.
    Chances are there was a semi right on the tail of the car and the driver was afraid that she was about to be rear ended by the truck.
    Chances are, the motorcyclist was in the right lane and swerved suddenly in front of the car.

wtf...

Isn't what we know awful enough? Do we have to pile on without having the facts...

I hope the wife is able to find some comfort in whatever faith she holds dear. And the accident is investigated and appropriate punishment meted out as determined by the facts.
    I buy into the regretful parts, Dave, but Jeez, I did almost a couple a hundred miles around here today tryin' to run up the clock on the 600 mile maintenance stop on this C-14 I just picked up, and if literally 90% of the cages weren't on the phone, I might give some slack to the driver until we hear what the hell happened, but it's tough cuttin' slack to these mopes anymore. It's happening all the time now, every day, and if lazy-assed politicians are doing something about it with anti-text and cell laws, there must be something to it.

Thats really sad. I hate shitty drivers. Just the other day i pulled up to a stop sign Left blinker ON. some dumb bitch pulls up across from me Well after i stopped. as i go to take the left she proceeds to barrel right the the intersection missing my front tire by about 2 inches . As she did this every swear i could think of made its way out of my mouth.

She now has a broken left rear tail light and she will hopefully notice motorcycles now

Size matters. How many time have you been going down the road and someone pulls up a side street kind fast, like it's a spot that they usually just blow the stop, but when they see you they get surprised and do that brake jerky thing, and after the startle wears off they take a second look at ya and realize your just a motorcycle, and now cut out in front of you anyways.

Only leave for tomorrow that which you are willing to die having left undone... ~chinese fortune cookie~

2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE Silver
    2005 Suzuki SV1000S Red

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

Rip Harley man....
    Damn woman drivers doing their makeup, while talking on the phone on a 4 way confrence call with the other 3 people in the car about who can text the fastest.