Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Victory Supermoto wheels?

Victory Supermoto wheels?

Has anyone heard of these or used them? My guess is another off brand like warp 9 said to be of low quality, but warp9 has proven to be pretty strong.
    I ordered a warp9 kit from motostrano and got dicked around for the past 3 weeks, so I cancelled the order.
    This is the kit I was looking at?
    I know, from china, but what isn't from china these days..

Victory KTM 2015 Supermoto Wheels Rims Sets SX SXF EXC R XC XC w Disc Sprocket | eBay

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Re: Victory Supermoto wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I know, from china, but what isn't from china these days..
    I'm curious to see if anyone has any good input.

Everything IS made in China, but the thing is, if it is a "name brand" product, that company has a QC/QA process and a reputation on the line to incentivize them to make sure the stuff is quality.

I work for a company in a highly regulated industry that has worked with offshore manufacturers....

...We've gone as far as shipping bulk plastic to China to be used, otherwise, you ask them something like whether they'll give you a certificate of conformance, and the answer you get is along the lines of "Yeah, we'll get you a CoC, Wink, Wink"

I wouldn't be surprised if those rims were made of some crap alloy and bent the first time somebody puts them on a tire machine.

..anyways, enough spouting generalities, Like I said I hope somebody can jump in with some actual experience :-)

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

In comparison:
    - You're looking at $1150 for a set of sumo wheels from Rad MFG, sans rotors/sprocket.
    - You can pickup a lightly KTM OEM sumo setup with MUCH better front rotor for $1150 here.

I'd shop around. 'Henly Racing' is just one of a bazillion of Chinese shell companies trying to flood the market. You could be getting good stuff, could be getting total crap, and there's no way to predict as it can vary with each box that goes out the door. If you're going to go that route, skip the eBay front end and save yourself $100, buy them more 'direct' here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    In comparison:
    - You're looking at $1150 for a set of sumo wheels from Rad MFG, sans rotors/sprocket.
    - You can pickup a lightly KTM OEM sumo setup with MUCH better front rotor for $1150 here.

I'd shop around. 'Henly Racing' is just one of a bazillion of Chinese shell companies trying to flood the market. You could be getting good stuff, could be getting total crap, and there's no way to predict as it can vary with each box that goes out the door. If you're going to go that route, skip the eBay front end and save yourself $100, buy them more 'direct' here.

Nice. I've been looking for chain block thingies forever. Followed your link and saw them right on the toxic moto site for $37 as soon as I clicked it.

Last edited by Ductard; 07-14-15 at 03:59 PM.
    "Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

In comparison:

I'm looking for black wheels and orange hubs..I'm a squid that way. I also had a set like that in the past and I always had brake fade after turn 3 with the solid rotor, so not a fan for a trackday bike.

The link on the victory wheels you posted may be $100 less, but it also doesn't include (they are pictured, but the description says otherwise) any sprockets, rotors or relocation adapter...which are included in the ebay link.

I'm going to poke around on SMJ and see what info I can find there on them

Yamaha

I rolled the dice and decided ill give them a shot. Only negative review I have found is the spokes need tightening after a few rides...which I've had to do with other in the past. As with most other off brands, I'll replace the sprocket/rotors hardware with OEM.
    Communication has been good, and they are shipping from California.

Yamaha

I have to say, I'm somewhat impressed by the initial quality anyways. I would say at least on par with Warp9. Only issue I had, was the spacers were labeled wrong...but at least I had the correct spacers. In fact, they sent me a spacer kit for every year KTM...so I have 3 extras sets of spacers..haha Customer service has been top notch! I got a call from the California warehouse prior to shipping to confirm my bike make/model/year, and when they were confirmed delivered, I had a response from the seller asking for feedback of what I thought of the product. The bike is together, everything fit as described other than miss matched labels. Test ride around the "block" tomorrow.

Victory Supermoto wheels?-ktm-jpg

Yamaha

Soooooo......

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Soooooo......
    Test ride went great, smooth as butter, and it stops decent. Only issue is the gearing, I didn't realize the previous owner dropped a tooth on the counter shaft...and of course I cut the chain to fit what was on there and don't have much adjustment forward at the moment. I'm thinking maybe pick up a new rear, dropping 2 teeth there to make room for adding a tooth to the front....a little drastic, but I think it needs it. Just guessing, it maybe tops out at 75mph with the current set up

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

So not sure if you still have those spacers laying around but if you did much needed for 2016 sxf ktm since the victory company went out of business i cant get the spacers I need and the stock ones won't work

Wow. Joining a forum and reviving a 5 year old thread to try and buy spacers. Awesome! Lol

Welcome... and just go to a machine shop and have some milled up. Pretty easy to do.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Wow. Joining a forum and reviving a 5 year old thread to try and buy spacers. Awesome! Lol

Welcome... and just go to a machine shop and have some milled up. Pretty easy to do.
    Spacers would usually be made on a lathe...

Unless you hate concentricity.

So... I believe it was your cousin(?) that helped me with wheel spacers on my R6 to FZR conversion, we totally were using his mill for it instead of a lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post

I joined a Harley forum when I bought mine to read and educate myself about the bike. The main forum for the touring models are full, like literally on a daily basis, of old boomers who registered that day and bump a thread from like 11 years ago quoting the origin post and answering. Fucking cracks me up. Then 7 boomers answer and finally someone speaks up that this topic was posted in 2009.

I'm just glad it's a motorcycle related post and not some stupid, bullshit political post or Sav asking for life advice.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

So... I believe it was your cousin(?) that helped me with wheel spacers on my R6 to FZR conversion, we totally were using his mill for it instead of a lathe.
    Haha he didn't have a CNC lathe at the time. Any shop that has both is definitely using a lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by steviecarmona View Post
    So not sure if you still have those spacers laying around but if you did much needed for 2016 sxf ktm since the victory company went out of business i cant get the spacers I need and the stock ones won't work
    I don't have any parts left from that bike, sorry.

Yamaha

In typical nesr fashion, I'll offer you a solution that neither you asked for, nor will totally solve your problem.

I have a set of dna supermoto wheels I can sell you off a Kawasaki.

LRRS/CCS #66