Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

this video

I Dance With Will

this video

if you can watch, how did he do that? is it a rear lockup?

http://ronin.gamedaemons.net/other/D...ccoy_slide.mpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

this video

Looks like he forgot he on asphalt instead of dirt.

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

this video

that's what you call "backing it in"

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

this video

That is Gary McCoy. He is actually on the throttle, spinning the rear tire. He does that intentionally whenever he likes. It helps him to finish the corner. Alot of fast guy's do it. But there is only one Gazza!

Gas! Lots and Lots of Gas

This guy is on the gas to finish the corner like GMS1000 said. I have done it before but not on purpose. You need good race tires to do somthing like that. a perfect corner to try this is the turn before pit in at pocono east and turn 2 at loudon. I wish I new how to do it on purpose. Right now if i am not going to make the corner I slow down, not hit the gas. But I guess thats why that gut gets paid the big bucks.

John Vaz

John Vaz

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

this video

I suspect it's not the best way to ensure your tires are still good by the end of the race but it sure looks cool.

I've done it by accident several times (and on purpose a few times) on my 9R with a BT020 rear tire, but at the exit of the corner, not the entrance. Feels kind of neat to get the rear end sliding a little but I don't make a habit of it on the street. Seems like a good way to crash and I'm too old for that sort of thing.

Trail Breaking

Riding Skills Series: Brake Dancing

By Andrew Trevitt

1. While it's true that most of a motorcycle's stopping power is generated by the front brake, the rear binder can be used in subtle ways to make your riding smoother and safer. In certain situations, using the rear brake to scrub off speed-rather than chopping the throttle or applying the front brake-will have less of an effect on the chassis and keep you on-line in a turn rather than running wide. To use the rear brake properly, it must be adjusted correctly. The pedal should be a few millimeters below your foot when you're in a comfortable riding position; a misadjusted lever can force you to sit awkwardly or make it difficult to actuate the brake carefully.

2. When entering a turn, leave the rear brake applied until after the front brake has been released and the bike is leaned over. This will stop the front-end from rising the moment after the front brake is let off and before cornering forces act to keep the fork compressed. Once the throttle is cracked open, use the rear brake lightly to modulate your speed if you find yourself going a bit too fast. Closing the throttle will load the front-end excessively and cause you to run wide, whereas applying the rear binder will actually tighten your line and pull you to the inside of the corner. Try to avoid using lots of both gas and brake; you want just enough throttle to pick the revs up and keep weight off the front tire.

3. During slow speed maneuvering such as U-turns and lane splitting, the gyroscopic effect of your engine's spinning internals keeps your bike balanced. You can use this to your advantage by using the rear brake and slipping the clutch slightly to keep some revs going. Try U-turns using different combinations of clutch, rear brake, and throttle to find what works best for you and your bike. In general, just enough throttle and clutch slip is required to keep the chassis stable and moving, with speed modulated by the rear brake. Keep in mind that this technique results in more wear on brake pads and clutch plates, and they should be checked more frequently.

4. In downhill turns the rear brake can be used to avoid gaining too much speed once the throttle is open-especially in longer sweepers. As in a flat corner, crack the throttle open as soon as possible to unweight the front tire, and carefully utilize the rear brake to keep speed in check. Downhill turns are notorious for loading the front-end and causing you to run wide, but keeping the throttle cracked open and carefully applying the rear brake will result in a more even weight distribution and keep you on line. With some practice and experimentation, using these rear brake techniques will become routine, and will give you more confidence, smoothness, and safety in previously worrisome situations.

original story w/ pics http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_0004_rss/